• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Compile Scripts

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
Years
Compiling scripted scripts
I decided to make this because I noticed in the other tutorials people were asking about the "empty command database" and "file not found" errors a lot, I was having those same problems and I figured out how to get past them efficiently
What you need;
·ScriptEd
·The attached files (explained later)
·Diamond Cutter
·Advance Map
-Because this is a compiling tutorial, I won't say how to make scripts, but here's one for my examples, it makes the person say "hello, <your name>!"
#org 0x800000
Lock
FacePlayer
MsgBox 0x800050
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#org 0x800050
= hello, \v\h01!
End

Step 1: Download and unzip the attached files. Place them in the same folder as ScriptEd. Place DiamondCutter in the ScriptEd folder. (if you don't do this you can get a lot of errors)

Step 2: Open Scripted and put in your script (make sure there are no errors in it)

Step 3: Click "Compile"

And choose your rom in the save box. (your ROM MUST be in the same folder as ScriptED)

This is where most people have problems. If you get "Run-time error '53' File Not Found", It means your ROM isn't in the same folder as ScriptEd or the name of your ROM has symbols in it. (your ROM name can only have letters/numbers, no spaces or symbols)
If you get
"Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted."
You are missing a file(s). If that's the case, download the attachment and put the files in your ScriptEd Folder.

Step 4: You should see a window with a heap of text and symbols.

And at the bottom of the window it should say: [/font]
Cleaning up...
Closing file...
Finished processing rubide.rbc.

Now, in the SciptEd folder there should be a file called "rubide.rbc", that has your script in it (with some extra stuff as well).

Step 5: Open DiamondCutter (which should also be put in the ScriptEd folder), and type your ROM name in the ROM Name section. (it has no selection so you have to type it.)

Un-tick the bottom two things in the options box and In the Code Files box highlight "rubide.rbc" then click ok. A window should come up with the same sort of stuff that ScriptEd had. Now open advance map, choose the person and in the "script offset" box on the right-hand side put the script offset in.
#org 0x800000 <-- offset
FacePlayer.......
Now save the ROM, and test it. (if you have A-map 1.9+ you can check it by clicking "open script" (if ScriptEd is set as your editor)). <to set ScriptEd as your editor go to;
>SETTINGS
>CHOOSE SCRIPT EDITOR>

Last edited by a moderator:

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
Qwerty, the topic is almost unreadable. Otherwise, looks like an alright tutorial, though you might want to broaden a bit.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Compiling scripted scripts[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']I decided to make this because I noticed in the other tutorials people were asking about the "empty command database" and "file not found" errors a lot, I was having those same problems and I figured out how to get past them efficiently.[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']What you need;[/font]
·[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']ScriptEd[/font]
·[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']The attached files (explained later)[/font]
·[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Diamond Cutter[/font]
·[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Advance Map[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']-Because this is a compiling tutorial, I won't say how to make scripts, but here's one for my examples, it makes the person say "hello, <your name>!"[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']#org 0x800000[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Lock[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']FacePlayer[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']MsgBox 0x800050[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']BoxSet 0x6[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Release[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']End[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']#org 0x800050[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']= hello, \v\h01![/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']End[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Step 0: Download and unzip the attached files. Place them in the same folder as ScriptEd. Place DiamondCutter in the ScriptEd folder. (if you don't do this you can get a lot of errors)[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Step 1: Open Scripted and put in your script (make sure there are no errors in it)[/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] [/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Step 2: Click "Compile" [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']And choose your rom in the save box. (your ROM MUST be in the same folder as ScriptED)[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'][/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']This is where most people have problems. If you get "Run-time error '53' File Not Found", [/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']It means your ROM isn't in the same folder as ScriptEd or the name of your ROM has symbols in it. (your ROM name can only have letters/numbers, no spaces or symbols)[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']If you get [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']"Loading command database...[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Empty command database detected. Program halted."[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']You are missing a file(s). If that's the case, download the attachment and put the files in your ScriptEd Folder.[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Step 3: You should see a window with a heap of text and symbols.[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] [/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']And at the bottom of the window it should say: [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Cleaning up...[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Closing file...[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Finished processing rubide.rbc.[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Now, in the SciptEd folder there should be a file called "rubide.rbc", that has your script in it (with some extra stuff as well). [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Step 4: Open DiamondCutter (which should also be put in the ScriptEd folder), and type your ROM name in the ROM Name section. (it has no selection so you have to type it.)[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Un-tick the bottom two things in the options box[/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'][/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']and In the Code Files box highlight "rubide.rbc" then click ok. A window should come up with the same sort of stuff that ScriptEd had. Now open advance map, choose the person and in the "script offset" box on the right-hand side put the script offset in. [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']#org 0x800000 [/font]ß[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']offset[/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Lock[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']FacePlayer......[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Now save the ROM, and test it. (if you have A-map 1.9+ you can check it by clicking "open script" (if ScriptEd is set as your editor)). <to set ScriptEd as your editor go to;[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] >SETTINGS[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] >CHOOSE SCRIPT EDITOR>[/font]
You might want to fix the BB code a bit because it's incorrect.
But anyway it's a good tutorial. :) I already know how to compile scripts and it's still working.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Thanks for posting, I guess. But it will be totally pointless in a few day's when HackMew's new scripting tool is released.

Yeah true, compilation is done which a click of a button, no messy "File not found" errors

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Thanks for posting, I guess. But it will be totally pointless in a few day's when HackMew's new scripting tool is released. :P
Few days??? I've got to talk to him.

Who uses pokescript? Pokescript has so many flaws and errors in coding, etc. ScriptED is even worse. XSE is the real deal, though I can't say much about it.

See yah.

P.S. Fix up the Code for the first post, it is easily fixable. Just do a "Find and Replace" and search for " ' " and replace it with a "

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
Years
ok... i fixed all of the font stuff.
it will be heaps easier to read!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2015
Thanks very much i can't find any tutorial in compiling script in youTube Thx..

Back