• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Favourite Legendary Location?

Your Favorite Legendary Location?

• Route 13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Route 11

• Route 22

• Dragonspiral Tower

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Giant Chasm

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Dreamyard

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Nacrene Museum

• Celestial Tower

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Route 23

• Underground Ruins

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Twist Mountain

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Marvelous Bridge

• Reversal Mountain

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
As you all know, Pokémon Black and White 2 brought in a lot of legendaries from the 2 previous generations; Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Heatran, Regigigas and Cresselia, along with Gen V's (duh) legendaries; Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem. So, PokéCommunity, what was your favorite legendary location?

I'm going to have to go with the Underground Ruins; it brings back memories of playing Emerald and listening to the Sealed Chambers' music, and happily catching the Regi Trio.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
For me it would have to be the Giant Chasm. Simply because I think it's really awesome how you somehow get teleported from there to the area to catch Kyurem.

Years
I really liked the Dragonspiral Tower, where you can get either Reshiram or Zekrom dependant on your version. It really feels as though the tower was built to house those Pokemon specifically, which is a lot mre exciting than having them appear in random areas.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I really liked Reversal Mountain because the inner dungeon is so colorful and serene. I liked how the cave varied between the two versions (though the caves suggested that Groudon/Kyogre would appear rather than Heatran). I'm very soothed by the music too, even if the trainers and battles interrupted the music every 30 seconds. It's all so grand that I don't mind the drawbacks.

Years
I'd have to go with Giant Chasm. It's so freezing cold and it's where you catch the mascot Kyurem of course! It's also my fave dungeon in Unova and I love the Black and White Kyurem formes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Reversal Mountain was the first mountain that I wished had been bigger. I never actually caught Heatran there, but I really enjoyed walking through it in White 2 first and then in Black 2. The contrast was really nice and both of them looked cool on the inside (although White 2's design made more sense for a volcano...).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Aha, all the locations for the legendaries. Thanks for the spoilers Discordant. :P

Anyway, I voted for the Dreamyard. Latios/Latias are great Pokemon to catch, have a unique typing and I love the fact that either of them can be caught depending on which version you have.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'd have to say the Underground Ruins. While it was fun chasing Latios around in the dreamyard, and while I enjoyed making my way to the top of Dragonspiral Tower, they didn't really come close to rivalling the regi puzzles. I may be a bit biased, since it brought a whole lot of nostalgia along with it, but just the fact that they brought back puzzles to reach the legendaries in an older gen fashion was really enought for me to be sold. And it proved as more of a challenge to actually reach the regis, than it did with any of the other legendaries in the game, which was something I also really liked about it. To be honest, I feel like most of the legendaries were pretty poorly hidden in this game, as it usually just involved triggering some kind of event, just to traverse the world, searching for whichever legendary whom you unlocked, or obtaining and item to bring out the Pokemon. And rather than including creative puzzles, they just hid them in obscure places. I mean, the Unova trio simply jumped in front of you, just to be captured by you, and it took away a whole lot of the post-game experience that's usually found in the other games.

And that's why I enjoyed the regi puzzles the most, since it was a bit more creative than the rest, and actually involved a puzzle, rather than just requiring that you step on one specific tile, that's placed somewhere that you wouldn't think of. Not saying it wasn't fun to hunt down the Pokemon, just not nearly as enjoyable as I've experienced in other games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm Giant Chasm, I'd say. It just seemed so alien-like to find the big ship there and the whole way to catch Kyurem was pretty interesting, compared to other places where other legendaries just felt stuck on (aka Terrakion/Virizion/Cobalion).

Back