• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest battle you've had in any Pokemon game?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Red on the Gen II remakes was pretty darn hard. I had to trade over some of my better Pokemon from Diamond version to battle him. Took me two tries and a crazy amount of Pokemon reviving and health restoring.

Years
Honestly, Sidney from the Hoenn Elite Four. I HATED him so much. That Shiftry... and Cacturne, not to mention I always picked Swampert. I got beaten by that guy so many times.
The rest of the Elite Four in Hoenn? Champion? Pushovers. But Sidney... *shudder*
Second has to be May when she's in front of the Lilycove Department store. I wanted to get in there so badly, but no matter what I did, my Pokemon always seemed drastically underlevelled for that battle. Took me so long to beat.

Babebraham

Just being here is good enough.
Years
Rival as the champ in Red. I had an oddish left and he had a venasaur left and it took me an hour to beat him by using cut.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Oh god I suddenly started having Flashbacks to Cynthia in Diamond version. I repeat, oh god.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The hardest battle that I eventually won was Ghetsis in Black. It took me three attempts to do so, and it ended up in a 1-on-1 battle between us. It's also one of the few battles that I've physically felt exhausted after finishing it, which never normally happens with me in Pokemon games. Granted, I was probably a fair bit underlevelled (which also never usually happens) but still... it was hard, guys!

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Pokemon Champion Gary/Blue in Pokemon Yellow, I can barely remember the fight as I was much younger, however that Arcanine proved to be a handful.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
I agree about may under the cycling road, the starter in that battle was always vicious.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I remember battling my rival in firered when he was champion. On like my 15th try I beat him on a lucky critical hit after my Blastoise luckily held on at 3 HP.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I agree about may under the cycling road, the starter in that battle was always vicious.

That Grovyle was such a pain, put the smack down on my Marshtomp, I didn't have a Taillow on my team... x/
Combusken on my other runs through was trouble as well, Marshtomp however crumbles with any grass type move.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
The 2 twins in emerald who run that gym Claydol and Solrock or w/e it was is a pain....

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Tate and Liza of Hoenn was so hard. I was a begnning trainer at that point and had Blaziken and others between levels 20-25. I actually won because my Wobbufet used Destiny bond.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Tate and Liza, it took me 3 days to beat them.
But they're not just beyond annoying, they're far beyond annoying.
In emerald that is. They were pretty easy in RS.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
cynthia from pearl. she was a beast and the only properly leveled pokemon in my party was my torterra and palkia :P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think the hardest battles for me were both in the Hoenn Region:
The Double Battle fight Tate and Liza was pretty hard, especially since i had Blaziken.
But the hardest battle ever for me was Champion Steven and his Metagross...

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I had difficulty with the champion of R/S/E. I'm talking about both champions, Steven in Ruby/Sapphire and Wallace in Emerald. My Pokémon weren't that very strong at that time. Steven's Metagross was hard to beat for sure, and I had trouble with Wallace because his Water-type Pokémon had Ice-type moves, and it would greatly damage Sceptile, my starter.

Other than that, Tate and Liza was also a hard duo to beat, especially in Emerald since they had additional two Pokémon. I hate it when they use a Hyper Potion, and they have two of it!

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Tate and Liza take the cake.
However in hacked games, Wood's Leafeon (Victory Fire version)
Has nuts defense, holds a sitrus berry, is only second gym, leader has 5 super potions.
I hated him so much.

Back