• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
to elaborate on my earlier comment... I really liek this Hack I think it's one of the best ever made... when i was a teen (and pokemon was first released) I wished hoped, prayed there would be a graphically decent pokemon series make. yellow never did it justice IMO. thank you.. please keep it up.. I'm literally watching the old series (season 1) as a walkthru for your game. GREAT IDEA! I will extensively playest this hack as well as DarkViolet. (and if Pure Gold is ever Released) (or a Crystal hack thats good, if i ever find one or someone makes one)

smilewolfy

pokemon photographer
Years
i love this hack, my favourite 1 ever, but theres a few things i'd like to see improved, vermillion city should have a couple more buildings, not many, just 3 or 4, it doesn't feel like a city, porta vista and maiden's peak also need small towns with them, maiden's peak and the butterfree event need to be further apart, gringy city really needs more buildings IMO, it's a city after all, gringy city needs to be seperated from the guy talking about diglets with route, sunny town and the house of imite need to be seperated, the event where ash is in the ice cave should be between the house of imite and pikachu's forest, not at the north pole, stone town should be a town with the mansion at the end of it, and the should be seperated from the snorlax event, the town with the snorlax event should have more buildings, mossgreen village needs more buildings, as well as neon town, grandpa canyon needs to be a little bigger, and seperated from the hospital, the hospital should be seperated from james's mansion, and that needs to be seperated from the farfetchd event, the farfetchd forest needs a lake and police station, that needs to be seperated from the togepi event, when you get your pokedex upgraded, that should be in a pokemon centre in a town, the same town where you battle misty, bulbasaur's garden needs to be on a grassy mountain, the whole event, even the battle with the hiker, the princess festival should be in a city, even if it's small, and should be seperated from the preschool, well that's what i think should be done about the game, i'm fine with it though, these are just what i think could improve it, i've read previous posts about people wanting it bigger but it would waste too much time making it, but i feel that the towns and cities i mentioned desperately need more buildings and to be seperated, especially route 20, it seems too cramped, sorry for the long post, i just wanna see if i could get this done in the game, not the next beta, but maybe in the final version as in when kanto ends, before the orange islands, yeah, sorry again for the long post, i hope i can say this here

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
I also wanted to ask if possibly after everything is said and done he can just add this stuff? the new buildings, possibly new sprites n such (i mean like 2011 or 2012, whatever u plan) you know touching stuff up not now, but AFTER the LAST beta. I volunteer to help with any skills I possess and also develop. (I am trying some things myself to learn this stuff) I just don't like how ppl are complaining about this hack when it's a BETA as in still in development (along with 99% other hacks here). comments are cool for stuff to add later, but really do buildings or sprites AFFECT the story plotline? I wanted to call home at pewter city or somethign that wouldn't affect the story, but couldn't. this kind of stuff I like as well, but it is (Metapod's) "ASH Ketchem" Storyline, this stuff doesn't matter. EVENTUALLY however, it would be great to add more depth and fluff to the hack, but for now is it needed? I don't think so, but hey this is all my opinion and questions for Metapod. Lastly, I agree with smilewolfy on everything he stated in his message, he must be as much into the Kanto episodes as much as I was. If certain things don't follow the series as much this takes away from the suspended disbelief and thus makes it appear to be rushed to the next "episode" of events.

Last edited:

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
yes in all instances follow the television show progression, sabrina I heard is different however... something about haunter not rejoining the party?

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
My game freezes when I open my TM Case, which is a real bummer, is anyone else having this problem?
Or is it just my FireRed Rom?

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
omg CRAZY! i can't ask if you're crazy, that is a redundant term. you need to talk to DAISY there are 3 girls at the top of the screen (this all follows episode #7 "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City"

http://vodpod.com/watch/1588516-season-1-episode-7-the-water-flowers-of-cerulean-city

plz watch the episode then do as in the episode. (go to officer jenny, then go to the gym enter the gym and go to the top of the screen, then talk to the middle girl she offers badge. say YES. her ginger sister shows up)(you robbed her bike before) (go to the redhead girl and talk to her. withdraw pikachu to the PC and fight her with your remaining monsters) (after you win she heals you and lets your pikachu come back to fight your reoccurring foes...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
Stuck?

This is my first pokemon hack ever, and I'm really enjoying it.
Although, imo, this hack is so much harder than the actual games... it actually makes me think and reflect upon my childhood days of watching pokemon haha. See how much I can actually remember from the shows..

At the moment, I'm stuck at two different parts of the game:
1) In Neon town, I have a feeling that I have to do something with the jigglypuff that wants to talk. However I can't find out what to do with it.
2) Little Kiddle Pre-School : How am I supposed to get Timmy his meowth? I didn't catch one earlier in the game because I didn't think I'd need it... Besides, in the anime Team Rocket appears and lets the children play with their talking meowth. I'm a little suspicious of the giant, empty field next to the preschool and spent a fair bit of time running around in there.

I would appreciate some help! Please and thank you!

Years
This is my first pokemon hack ever, and I'm really enjoying it.
Although, imo, this hack is so much harder than the actual games... it actually makes me think and reflect upon my childhood days of watching pokemon haha. See how much I can actually remember from the shows..

At the moment, I'm stuck at two different parts of the game:
1) In Neon town, I have a feeling that I have to do something with the jigglypuff that wants to talk. However I can't find out what to do with it.
2) Little Kiddle Pre-School : How am I supposed to get Timmy his meowth? I didn't catch one earlier in the game because I didn't think I'd need it... Besides, in the anime Team Rocket appears and lets the children play with their talking meowth. I'm a little suspicious of the giant, empty field next to the preschool and spent a fair bit of time running around in there.

I would appreciate some help! Please and thank you!
1. I haven't figured that out yet either, I assume since the hack isn't done yet it will be addressed later.
2. You should be able to find a meowth in the grass around the pre-school, so no worries. Just catch a Meowth, keep him in your party, and walk over to Timmy (top right corner).

And about that giant, empty field... well that's where the game ends. Since this is only a Beta, it is basically complete up until that point. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's what happened to be about 2 weeks ago when I got to that point :(

Years
1. I don't remember exactly but I think that once you talk to him, you can then talk to the old guy on the hill/cliff (just one guy on the step) and he'll give you something for the Jigglypuff. Or was that for the Snorlax part? I forgot...

2. And there is a Meowth there, just hard to find

Sato

N'cha!
Years
I haven't been playing the latest beta, although if I recall, to help the Jigglypuff in the last one, you had to go back to Paras's medicine shop where they've just started selling Berry Juice.

It's not in their stock the first time around and there's no other logical pointers to tell you to go back there (especially since it didn't happen like that in the show), so it's kinda hard to figure out.

Years
You have to do the Parasect thing for something, you have to find the Parasect and in return you'd get the Berry Juice. I forgot if it was for the Jigglypuff thing or not. But that sounds about right.

BTW Parasect is hiding in a tree or something in that area

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
Hehe. wow! I found a really big Bug in the game. :P When you use the escape rope in the hidden Forest (Or something. the place where you get Bulbasaur) you get to a Place that has High lvld pokes. (37 Pidgeotto's and such) and when you follow the short trail you get to 3 Island. it's kinda glitched up cause you can't read the signs and when i went in a House i couldn't get out. And Some Tiles were misplaced so it was kinda like Glitch city. Lol. And i could walk on one of the signs. and in the Pokecenter (That looked like a house...) there was no Nurse Joy. I could even get to that Ship port... With no ship. lol. Well anyway Metapod look up on it. I'll be here to see your Reply. :) Anyway i hope i helped you with this. lol. And It's actually a pretty good Bug cause you can catch pokes that are in they're high 30's while you have lvl 20 pokes. Lol.
P.S. i'm not new to the game i just decided to play it through again. lol.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Help Me !!!

How to Go Poison Chamber at Route 18?

Status say to enter the poison chamber and the master attack the ninja must turn south and go back.

I m confused .

Please Help Me.

Back