• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maker3D

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Maker3D is a powerfull 3D RPG maker environment.

The software is designed to provide user-friendly and familiar RPG creation tool for the maker-community. Software offers an easy, self-documenting clickable/writable scripting system based on BASIC programming language. With chipset and tileset based map editing, you can easilly create the universe for your game. To use the application, no programming skills needed. Maker3D ships with large built-in content, including tilesets, chipsets, monsters, avatars. Everything, you need.

maker3dskin.jpg

Just select a model from the left list by clicking with the mouse, and click on the map. Its so simple to create your rooms, cityes, houses, caves. Select a pen, and paint your ground. Select a texture, and change the ground tiles. Just like in the old 2d rpg maker softwares, Maker3D offers an easy editor system to create your maps within minutes. You need more than the built-in chipset and tilesets? No problem. Maker3D offers support for the most popular object and texture formats, including .3ds, .obj, .c, .jpg, .bmp, .tga

Built-in character creator wizzard
maker3d_3.jpg

Select the hair fashion, select the panties, select socks, shoes, gloves, etc... In Maker3D, you can just simply click together your heroes, NPC-s, and enemies. You can simple add your textures too, and the finished models does not needed to be exported: they just work. You viewing the characters in real time while you editing them, you can rotate them with the mouse, and check them from multiple directions.

Documentation-free knowledge

Handling Maker3D is even simplyer than handling the old 2d rpg creator softwares. Just check the example game, read everything wich is writed out to your screen, and put your game together.

Easy script/event editing

You can place your scripts on the world map, and you can simply write them. You not need to learn Maker3D-s syntax: just click on the command! For example, to create a script wich loads a modell, just click on the command LOAD_MODELL, select a modell from the pop-upping content browser, then point on a location on the world map. You can use variables, cycles... FOR, IF, you can build up your scripts with the help of the famous BASIC programming language. After you click or type a command, the command's syntax appears, and a tiny example that shows the working of the specified command. You can place up to 80 script on a map: they will executed parallelly. Almost 100 scripting command: text writing, messaging, sound handlig, everything you need.

Built-in battle system

harcrendszer.jpg

Maker3D has built in HP / MP / Item / Magic / Attack / Block based, turn-based traditional JRPG battle system. You can add up to 4 hero and 4 enemy to the current battle. You can handle the battle system easilly from the script-system. Running a battle will not even break the other running scripts on the map. Add your heroes, monsters to the battle system, and enjoy the battle with the epic battlecamera system.

Loading and saving

Game created with Maker3D offers loading and saving ability, wich restores your characters, variables, and items. It even saves a screen dump, wich is associated to the save slots.

WYSIWYG

What you see is what you get. You can just try your map in Maker3D immediately, and return to the map edition. Maker3D has debugging ability: watch your variables, frame per second rate.

Save executable

Maker3D can export an executable from your game. Your exported game can be easilly shared with your friends or on the internet. Your exported game is LOGO-FREE. Its not necessarry to install your game on the users machine, its enough to be copyed. No external runtime packages, and no other horror.

Modern 3D graphics

Maker3D got modern 3D graphics, with real time lighting and real shadowing. Particles, anti-aliasing, motion-blur, glow, gamma... Everything, you need. Maker3D is the ONLY usable 3d rpg creator software. This is the only existing software wich offers the simplycity of the old 2d rpgmakers and the magic of real 3d.

Get some food, turn off the lights, sit down, and feel the power of your creativity. Create your own RPG! Get Maker3D today!

download: http://gerigeri.uw.hu/maker3d.html

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021

build 681

-Changed loading screen design
-Some small design changements in the maker's editor
-Changed right parameter panel
-Testing map now resets script execution properly
-Fixed pentagram flickering in the battle system
-Now editor automatically uses the Non-Power-Of-Two textures, if it can
-Battle system enemy selection may showed wrong enemy, fixed
-Enemy may attacked alreday dead hero becouse of an unitialized data in the code
-Magic list showed broken Red Magic parameters until it floated to the screen
-60% speed up in the graphics pipeline
-Graphics engine caused matrix stack overflow, fixed
-Graphics engine sometime touched shader functions without reason, fixed
-Battle camera may showed wrong image when the teams showed
-Battle system printed memory garbage sometimes, when an attack affected the whole team
-Heroes and enemys now squat correctly, if they injured seriously
-Cacheing recived a loading bar
-There may was broken vertices above the heroes when they stopped walking, fixed
-20-30% speed improvement in the animated model loading
-Battle camera code now does not watch to upward if the enemy/hero is small
-Better radar
-Scripts was missing from radar, fixed
-Now you can switch lines in script editor by clicking into they line number
-From now, failsafe Direct3D mode available for GPU's without OpenGL drivers (experimental, in game mode only)

BUILD 685:
-nVidia performance bug fixed with some GeForce GPU's
-Now frameskip is supported, when framerate is too low
-Matrix stack underflow fixed in the graphics engine
-VBO overindexing fixed in the graphics engine

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
thankyou for the great oppinions, after i will reach the required amout of posts, i will paste some screenshots to the opening message.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Wow, are you in charge of making it? Which version of OpenGL is it using? Why is it switching to DirectX when OpenGL is not found if Windows comes default with OpenGL 1.1? How did the newest version speed up by 60%? That's incredible.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Which version of OpenGL is it using? Why is it switching to DirectX when OpenGL is not found if Windows comes default with OpenGL 1.1?
-Its not switching automatically to d3d, the exported game (created with maker) can be switched to d3d instead of opengl. However, d3d mode is very broken, and its added only on that case if there is no opengl drivers present in the system.

-Windows come with software accelerated opengl 1.1, wich is unplayable on every system, becouse its so slow. If a graphics driver is installed, it will ,,replace'' the opengl driver in the system. Modern opengl graphics accelerators have at least opengl 2.0

-Maker is not opengl version-based, its extension based. The newest extension wich Maker can use, is being added with OpenGL 2.1. Maker3D (and the exported game) can run on all OpenGL compatible graphics card. However, if you try some extreme old, like Voodoo3, it will be unplayable slow, but it will run.

How did the newest version speed up by 60%? That's incredible.
Maker3D's graphics engine used a very old (glvertex3f) vertex path to render the shadows on animated objects. The reason of this is that the newer vertex path (vertex array) was somehow crashed with a lot of broken drivers by ATi, and i disabled this renderpath on various type of geometry, to avoid stability problems. But now this problem is fixed in catalyst drivers so i enabled the vertex array path. And i also fixed a vertex overindexing bug in vertex buffer objects (vbo-s, a technique to load the geometry directly to graphics card's RAM). I also fixed matrix stack under/overflowing bugs, and removed a few unnecessary opengl call from the engine. With this adjustments, a total 60% speed up gained.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Alright, I understand being an OpenGL programmer myself(though newbie). I have a question about the executable that this thing makes. Is it an interpreter? What is the default filesize(an empty executable)?

The only thing that bugs me is that you say that you can only do up to 4 vs 4 and Pokemon is done 6 vs 6.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Yes, it is an interpreter. Executable=runtime.exe, you can found it in the bin directory. Yeah, battle system can do only 4 vs 4 batles.

paypal button was broken on the site; problem solved.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
btw arent pokemon battles split into 1v1 battles aniway? :P
Yes but not always. There's also 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 3 battles in pokemon games.

Btw, you forgot to mention these extremely important facts in the first post: You can't save with demo version and the full version costs 9€.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
BUILD 702:

-20-70% speed-up
-sprites now using mipmapping and anizo filtering, if available
-fixed a broken filter selection in the graphics engine
-application now sets default language to Hungarian in Romania and Slovakia

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
PLZ TELL ME! Did you create this APP?!?! I didn't try it yet, but it is in my To-Do List as soon as I get to my PC. It looks so Flexible, I wanna try to make a Pokemon Based Game out of it lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Intel HD graphics series/GMA series are probably the most famous graphics deaccelerators, wich has around 50+ % market share in the universe among GPU's. And peoples are tortrued me, to make maker3d compatible with this beautifull graphics cards also.

intelfail.jpg

So i just did it. I have added a low graphics quality mode to Maker3D, so the editor currently can run playable on Intel HD graphics series. It can found in the Maker3D menu, and can be adjusted in real time. It also can switched back to full graphics quality easilly. This maybee also helps on SiS and S3 graphics cards.

BUILD 704:

-accidentally, build 702 used a bit darker lighting modell. fixed.
-editor can be switched to low graphics mode (Intel GMA owners now can be happy)

please note: download mirrors will be refreshed within 2 day

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
mamoswinefail.jpg

okay mamoswine, this time we gona reach 25 fps with 9800gt, i promise

BUILD 719:
-30% more FPS
-20% faster content loading
-fonts was mistakenly garbage collected sometimes
-bug fixed: some nvidia bugs (caused some missing lighting)
-added a door sound, a cow avatar, and a desert texture
-bug fixed: some minor collision glitches
-graphics fonts now got antialiasing
-bug fixed: small but annoying border for sprites
-fixed broken scrolling with the scrollbar

mirrors will be refreshed within 24 hours

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2011
Wow that's awesome. I didn't know a program like to make 3D games existed. I must definitely try that. 8)

Back