• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen WHITE 2 VS BLACK 2

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Black 2 for me. Haven't played through W2 but I enjoyed B2 and I think W2 would be just less fun without Zekrom ;_;

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I prefer White 2 because of Reshiram's type and movepool. But Zekrom would be more useful because of my team including Samurott and Volcarona.

It was Volcarona solely because of Fiery Dance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I prefer White 2 because of Reshiram's type and movepool. But Zekrom would be more useful because of my team including Samurott and Volcarona.

Years
I like black 2 but not for the legendary. It was the first one that I played. And I will admit that I like it's legendary a bit better.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
White 2 for me, though I wish some of the exclusive Pokemon could have been swapped. :c
Other than that, I love how homely it is compared to the differences in Black 2, with its old stone buildings in Opelucid, and giant towering trees in White Forest. <333

Years
White 2 for me, though I wish some of the exclusive Pokemon could have been swapped. :c
Other than that, I love how homely it is compared to the differences in Black 2, with its old stone buildings in Opelucid, and giant towering trees in White Forest. <333
These are basically all the same reasons that I prefer White 2 as well. The only thing that I was a little disappointed in was that Black 2 had a fully developed Route 4, while White 2's looked like an abandoned archaeology site.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Definitely Black2 over White (i got these to have Zekrom), since White felt somewhat of a disappointment for me, but i absolutely loved Black2!!

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Although I have not played Pokemon White 2 yet, I think both are as good.

Players should try Black 2 if they like the modern world, while on the other hand, they should try White 2 if they like the past(eg. Opelucid City).

On a side note, smogon states that Reshiram is a lesser player on the ubers tier due to it's over-reliance on weather to effectively sweep teams with its STAB Blue Flare in Sun. Zekrom has the physical power to devastate teams, but it's crippled by its middling base 90 speed stat, which allows other faster dragons such as Latios to OHKO it with their Dragon-type STABs.

Which mascot to choose is really up to the player though... For me I'll go for B2.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I mained White. Kept it going with White 2. I have Black and Black 2, only to reset my adventures whenever, and monotype challenges.

My main reason? Lilligant. She makes Unova, k. Oh, and Latias in White 2. And Mawile.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
White 2. Because i'd like to have braviary. And my friends are playing black 2. So i want to be different. :p

Years
Both are good! I got Black 2 since it got the Challenge mode key but in the end I never did use challenge mode, so... they're all great and highly improved games. n~n

Years
I only have Black 2, but I would probably prefer White 2 over it. After not researching the version exclusives and what types they were, I quickly traded my Zekrom for a Reshiram because Fire type > Electric type IMO (and Reshiram has the best cry I ever heard). Also I was a bit disappointed to get Latios instead of Latias, as I had over 600 hours on my Sapphire save and Latias was part of my main team.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I like the more futuristic themes in B2 in areas like Opelucid City, and I also like B2's version exclusives a lot more than W2's. They're both great games of course, but I just find myself enjoying B2 a lot more.

Years
I've played both and I have to go with Black 2 because of the exclusive pokemon for each version and of course a shiny gible over a shiny dratini.

Back