• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
You're absolutly right !!

No problem, here it is:

capture001_21.jpg

PoKéMaKeR

that looks good kinda reminds me of mine. which may be change since I'm in my graphic era of my game.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Great job on the game Poke ^^...The title and the title screen had me confused though, I thought it was gonna be a rancher game lol :P Keep up the good work dude.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The game is going out nice ^^, why dont you make a more complex day care? Like seeing your pokemon in different habitats and relationating with others pokes etc, with that the title will make more sense.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Great job on the game Poke ^^...The title and the title screen had me confused though, I thought it was gonna be a rancher game lol :P Keep up the good work dude.

Yes, it has been said more, but It's just the way it is :P

The game is going out nice ^^, why dont you make a more complex day care? Like seeing your pokemon in different habitats and relationating with others pokes etc, with that the title will make more sense.

Good point but no, and that's because of the following:

- It's too complicated
- Did any Pokémon rpg tile ever made sense? (if so tell me!!)

Thanks for the replies both of you!

PoKéMaKeR

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
At least the titles of the official games have some relation to the starters/legendaries; this is most noticeable in D/P (Dialga and Palkia are based on diamonds and pearls, after the game names).
If you're going to keep the name, then try implementing something based on it.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
At least the titles of the official games have some relation to the starters/legendaries; this is most noticeable in D/P (Dialga and Palkia are based on diamonds and pearls, after the game names).
If you're going to keep the name, then try implementing something based on it.

Lol never thought of that D/P (Dialga and Palkia), any other games have that aswell ?:P
You two are kinda right, but to do it by myself is far too hard, so I need some help with that then.
Any suggestions?

PoKéMaKeR

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Yellow, Red, Blue = Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno
Silver and gold = Lugia and Ho-oh colors
Ruby, sapphire= Groudon (there are rubys in its cave), *i forgot the other name, probably because i hate him

Also for the "ranch", you dont need to make a new daycare, just make a realistic one, where you can go in and see random pokemon in the fields. The only thing that would be hard to do is to see YOUR pokemon walking around.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Ruby, sapphire= Groudon (there are rubys in its cave), *i forgot the other name, probably because i hate him

Also for the "ranch", you dont need to make a new daycare, just make a realistic one, where you can go in and see random pokemon in the fields. The only thing that would be hard to do is to see YOUR pokemon walking around.

All you'd have to do is make an OW sprite for every pokemon in the game so then when you go to the daycare you can see it running around. If I make it sound so easy it's because it is, the only thing wrong is it's time consuming.

If you'd like help with the event coding just ask ;)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
ashandmisty: thats true, but i really think that this isnt his main focus. If he puts some pokemon running around in a ranch, thats already going to be cool. Also i have another idea, in this area make that you can battle those pokemon when you touch or press a button on them...

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years

That would be kyogre (not sure about the spelling)
But yeah you're right, never looked to it like that :P (title > legendary)
The pokémon walking around thing is as ashandmisty said probably the easiest thing to do, it'll be pretty time consuming

All you'd have to do is make an OW sprite for every pokemon in the game so then when you go to the daycare you can see it running around. If I make it sound so easy it's because it is, the only thing wrong is it's time consuming.

If you'd like help with the event coding just ask ;)

Yup, that's true, it's really , really time consuming :shocked:
I will ask your help if I eventually get to that!

ashandmisty: thats true, but i really think that this isnt his main focus. If he puts some pokemon running around in a ranch, thats already going to be cool. Also i have another idea, in this area make that you can battle those pokemon when you touch or press a button on them...

Also that is true, it's not my main focus right now.
It maybe will be after I've made some progress on the game in mapping and eventing way. And about your idea, do you mean by "this area" a pokémon ranch?
Because if that's what you mean, then it would be a no mainly because the pokémon who live there aren't wild pokémon, and if you battle them and beat them the need to go to the Pokécenter..

Thanks for the feed back you two!

PoKéMaKeR

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I really lookforward to seeing a small beta for your game ^^...And that titlscreen looks great!

ah2190

XD002
Years
You know, if I could, I would like to help you out with this, yet, as with my own project, I won't be able to do a lot unless I was at my uncles. But I'll keep an eye out for this.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I really lookforward to seeing a small beta for your game ^^...And that titlscreen looks great!

Thanks, good to hear you look foward to the beta!

You know, if I could, I would like to help you out with this, yet, as with my own project, I won't be able to do a lot unless I was at my uncles. But I'll keep an eye out for this.

Thanks, nice to hear you want to help me!
If I need any help, I'll PM you is that ok with you?

EDIT: I edited the first post! (look in the progress spoiler)

PoKéMaKeR

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I think this is great, but you should use the farmer OW for Henrique, Just a thought. And I don't really get the "fossil Pokemon"...

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I think this is great, but you should use the farmer OW for Henrique, Just a thought. And I don't really get the "fossil Pokemon"...

Uhm, I think I'll use a custom OW for Henrique, but I need to make it first!
Thanks for the suggestion though!
It's kinda like shadow pokémon, Team galactic will be using Fossil Pokémon (not straight away but later on) and with the snag ball (name suggestions?) you can catch those Fossil Pokémon..
Some more info on Fossil Pokémon they can evolve into their fossil evo aswell as their normal evolution (although you'll need an item to do so)
Note: you guys are all kinda lucky because this is a small plot (like) give away :cheeky:
Note 2: I think I need a trainer spriter (D/P style) PM if you would like to help and I PM you the details!

PoKéMaKeR

ah2190

XD002
Years
That's OK with me, and maybe, just maybe, XD002 might come thinking that Team Galactic are trying to mimic what Cipher did before. Although at first, he might believe that the player is working for Cipher, and will fight him/her. But, when he loses, the player tells him that he was mistaken, and then XD002 might help him/her during the final stages of the game. But I don't mind if XD002 only makes a camo appearance right at the end of the game.

Besides, XD002 has experience with Shadow Pokemon, and these fossil Pokemon are just like Shadow Pokemon. So it would be fitting for XD002 to appear, even if it's as a camo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back