• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

:>Soaring High!<: Bird Pokemon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Username: Psystar63
Requested Team:Articuno
Reason for joining:I absolutely adore Bird Pokemon. I always must have at least one on my team :)
Answer the current topic!:I'd like to see some bird Pokemon with unique type combinations, like Skarmory's Steel/Flying or Archeops' Rock/Flying. I also think a Peacock-like bird Pokemon or a Bird of Paradise-like Pokemon would be cool to see. I was going to say a phoenix-like Pokemon, but Ho-Oh and Moltres already exist. But maybe another one won't hurt :)

BTW my favourite bird Pokemon right now is definitely Braviary. Been playing through White 2 with one, and it is amazing! Especially since it has its hidden ability Defiant. I taught it Return, and it's an absolute powerhouse.

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hey Psystar welcome to the club n_n.I'll add you in a moment or two,what specificely do you adore about Bird Pokemon :3? Design,stats or purely everything? Since you're the second one to join Team Articuno,I'll make you co-leader of that team :D.

Welcome and have fun here!

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Username: Aryan143
Requested Team Moltres
Reason for joining: Bird pokemon are so useful for using HM Fly.
Answer the current topic: I think that Farfetch'D is the most underrated because it is very weak. It doesn't learn any good moves either plus very less people use it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think that Farfetch'D is the most underrated because it is very weak. It doesn't learn any good moves either plus very less people use it.

But the idea of being underrated is that the Pokémon is actually good to use, but people don't use it anyway - Farfetch'd certainly doesn't come under this category xD Farfetch'd just seems to be one of those unfortunate Pokémon like Luvdisc where the creators just thought "Hmm, I don't like this animal, I'll turn it into something awful!" It has awful stats (not a single stat above 65), a rubbish move set bar one or two moves, and for some reason it's as rare as diamonds. It's a Pokémon you've sought after through the whole game just waiting to find that elusive Farfetch'd from some far away character in a corner of the world that you have to barter with to obtain it, and then what you receive is something that even a Magikarp could beat. The only merit to Farfetch'd is that it's design is coooooooooool, I adore how it looks <3

... In case you can't tell, I'm not a huge fan of Farfetch'd. xD If anyone actually likes this weird karate bird thing then please do explain why - I'd love to hear it!

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
Years
I'll join!

Username: Clucknadus
Requested Team: Zapdos
Reason for joining: My favorite Pokemon is pretty obvious, isn't it? Tornadus Therian Form is best bird Pokemon because he gives no clucks whatsoever
Answer the current topic: I think the Hoothoot line is highly underrated, mostly Noctowl. Look at Noctowl's stats: in terms of specially defensive stats, he's really not that bad with base 100 HP and base 97 SpDef. He can support his teammates really well with moves like Hypnosis and Magic Coat.

Also, might I suggest that Tornadus's Therian Form be added to the picture of bird Pokemon? :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Welcome to the club, Clucknadus! I guess your username would indicate that you'd be the perfect member for this club, so I hope you'll be active and have fun! ^^

As for the current topic, I don't have all that much to say, since I'm not that big on the stats of specific Pokemon, but I guess I can go from own knowledge, which to be honest isn't really something any of you could trust xD, and from what has already been said.

For one, starter birds aren't really that underrated in my experience, seeing as a how whole lot of people seem to use it, since they're often some of the most decent Flying type Pokemon, and as a bonus, you can get them early on to train and prepare for later in the game. Out of the starter birds, only two appear (to me) to be underrated actually, or in the very least ones that aren't used by that many people, which kinda goes with being underrated. The first one is, as has already been mentioned earlier, Hoot-hoot and Noctowl. I am one of those people that have never really used it, because I first of all found Hoot-hoot to be pretty weak the first time I used it, and because I didn't really like its design, even though I really, really love Noctowl's design. What I've come to find later though is, that they're both actually pretty good Pokemon. Hoot-hoot, not as much compared to some of the others, but Noctowl has really appeared to be pretty strong from what I've experienced myself, seen in various rare playthroughs in which it has been used, and from the anime. I can't really speak much out of own experience, but it isn't bad, so I agree that it's definitely underrated based on how good of a Pokemon it actually is. Guess it's just because a lot of second gen Pokemon are just stronger than it is.

Second one is Swellow. It may be rightfully claimed as a weak Pokemon though, as later on in the games, it isn't really that great to use, and there are a lot of great alternatives for it, although early on, and I'm speaking from own experience, it's just blown through every single Pokemon it's faced on my part. This went on for a good deal of the game, however the worst thing about this is, I tend to use it a lot during that part of the game, and it kinda goes way above the others, and once I reach a specific point in the games where the Pokemon just get too tough for it, all the levels will kind of have been in vain, since all the experience that could've gone to help the later part of the game, has just gone to Swellow which isn't particularly useful in that part of the game. But alas, it's really good for the a big chunk of the game, and I feel like more people should use it, but that's just my opinion.

As for Farfetch'd, I've never really used it, so I can't really speak for its part in any way, but I'm assuming from Alex' description, it's rightfully deserved with how few people that use it. Guess I should try using it one day, since, it's a bird, what could the harm be? :D

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
I would like to join this club if it is alright for you guys.
Username:SummerSkies
Requested Team:Articuno
Reason for joining:I love Bird Pokemon. Before I was interested in Pokemon, I had an interest for birds of numerous kinds from the pudgy house sparrows to the adorable budgies. I had gotten interested in Pokemon when I saw a Pidgey in the Pokemon anime (even though I don't like the anime anymore).
Answer the current topic!:I think the Pidgey evolution line is underated. Many other flying-type Pokemon outclasses the Pidgey evolution line such as the Starly evolution line, the Taillow evolution line, and Skarmony as a few examples.

Other stuff: I think Swablu and Altaria should be added to the picture of bird pokemon since they are bird-like Pokemon in appearance.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Hey Psystar welcome to the club n_n.I'll add you in a moment or two,what specificely do you adore about Bird Pokemon :3? Design,stats or purely everything? Since you're the second one to join Team Articuno,I'll make you co-leader of that team :D.

Welcome and have fun here!

Thanks!
What do I love about Bird Pokemon the most? Their wings! Bird wings are such beautiful things, and I adore birds for being able to fly so freely. Bird Pokemon have cool designs too, and some of my favourite Pokemon designs belong to Bird Pokemon like Articuno and Braviary. Gosh I love them so much :)

Underated birds? Well, like Olli said, the starter birds aren't that much underrated. Like the title suggests, they're starter birds that are available early in the game, and most often end up becoming part of a trainer's team. Though I might say that they become a bit underated later on as you get access to more stronger birds, like Braviary or Skarmory. But when you're still early in the game, the starter birds become staples in your team. I'll agree that Noctowl is a bit underated, but that's because it's not much of an attacker. It's got the best Sp. Def out of all the starter birds, and has some strong moves in its movepool like Sky Attack and Dream Eater, as well as useful ones like Reflect and Hypnosis. I haven't used Noctowl as much since I first played Gold, but I certainly do remember that Noctowl was one great Pokemon on my team.
And Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot may not be as strong as other Bird Pokemon, but who honestly can say that they haven't had Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot on their team at least once while playing Blue/Red/LeafGreen/FireRed?

I'll admit that I did once have a Farfetch'd on my LeafGreen team. I was young, and I liked mixing up my team. Did it actually come in use? I don't know... I only used it for a little while before changing back to Pidgeot. :P
Looking at its low stats now, I'm kind of expecting it to have an evolutionary form in the next gen. But I guess not all Pokemon can be powerhouses.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Eh, this club is falling a bit inactive :/ I guess we can start a new topic? :D

Out of all the legendary Pokemon based on birds, which is your favourite? Would you like to see more based of them?

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
Out of all the legendary Pokemon based on birds, which is your favourite? Would you like to see more based of them?

My favorite legendary Pokemon based on birds would a tie between Moltres and Articuno. I love how Moltres's flames flow, and Articuno's shimmering tail. As much as I would like to see more legendary Pokemon based on birds, I feel like there is already too much legendary Pokemon in the Pokemon franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back