• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
well i figured out sumthin...strangly enough i can use the wpm to encounter certain pokemon in the grass...but not where they are normally found...the pokemon im talkin bout is ralts...anyone care to help? and its firered gameshark wpm cheat...i need to know why i can encounter ralts in grass w/wpm but not in ruins of alph w/wpm...eh probably will be different with mudkips...if this is a double post then i apologize for that...

SonicBlue777

Very Expieranced Trainer
Years
K i got a question about the goldenrod city gambling area, one of the prizes is a charmander... soo if i were to restart and pick todadile (currently Im with Cyndaquil) and went back would it still be Charmander or a Squrritle?..

someone reply to me asap if you know this xD

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
it would still be charmander but if i were u i would get chickorita as a starter then capture a mudkip in the cave u go through to get to azalea town then get charmander at the game place

SonicBlue777

Very Expieranced Trainer
Years
it would still be charmander but if i were u i would get chickorita as a starter then capture a mudkip in the cave u go through to get to azalea town then get charmander at the game place

I hate grass types, lol

but I'm intrigued how/where do you get the Mudskip o.0? like where in the water in the union cave? with the old rod? is it very rare? reply back ^^ il just get the larvitar then lol ^^

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
I hate grass types, lol

but I'm intrigued how/where do you get the Mudskip o.0? like where in the water in the union cave? with the old rod? is it very rare? reply back ^^ il just get the larvitar then lol ^^

Problem is that larvitar is 100k...... However, it could take up to 2 hours to find mudkip, it normally takes me approximately that long to find one while playing through the game.

uhh version X is the harder one? no wonder the chikorita was so tough! ( i had to train my totodile to lv 14 to beat the rival's lv 8 chikorita lol)

I thought that stupid slowpoke was harder... I mean ffs... It can curse and spam yawn at lv 5:cross-eye...

Last edited by a moderator:

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I hate grass types, lol

It's in the same room when you first enter the game.
It is on the normal ground, not in the water.
Chances of finding one are very low, although some people find one after their 3rd or 4th encounter.

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
zel, that last minigame's worth the challenge! im am drooling for beta6 (jokes!)

BTW to all the GSC music fanatics, i've included two versions of the low-pitched johto wild pokemon battle (due to insistent public demand). click in the link under my signature.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
As for Mudkip: Yes, it is hard to find, I was lucky to find one after half an hour, but by that time all my pokes in lvs 13/14, so i had to struggle him to low health (?!), otherwise either he escaped or i knocked him out...
But beleive me, Swampert is a very very hot ingame poke, his balanced stats allow him to do almost everything, and good. I play the X version, and in the hardest match (last with amelia) i had my pokes almost 15 lvs below her's, and swampy knocked out 2 of them...
Believe me, it is worth all the hassle.

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
ANY questions about the gameplay of Shiny Gold should be posted here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140&highlight=Shiny+Gold

otherwise the thread will be full of useless junk, only post glitches, ideas & contributions, also don't post a comment that only says "Well Done Zel, your hack is awesome!!!!!111" make sure you at least post something useful before all the praise.

AND I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE!!!

To save in-game you must delete all previous save files and THEN change the save type to 128K, it doesn't matter how far you are, the game will not take pity on you... Until you have done this, their's no getting past the league.

Right, I think that about covers my general annoyance towards all the spam.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
^ The problem is, that will only work for this page... we really needed to have that in the beggining of every page, like some sort of header, but i don't think vbulletin supports that

Chairzard

Professor oak finished chair
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
I've beaten this sexy games so many times now, is there any other gold/silver remakes that are finished?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Earlier I posted that if you don't get the everstone from elm until after you beat the pkmn league, you can't get the master ball, well there's another glitch I found, I was playing, and some pokeballs just appeared in the balls slot, AND 1 OF THEM WAS A MASTERBALL!!! Anyway you should fix both because it could work the other way around: ie: you lose some balls.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
Hey Zel

I don't know if you know this but in Pokemon fire Red there is a place
called five island

also the leader of Team Rocket is GIOVANNI

well after you defect him and obtian the 8th badge in Fire Red
then Team Rocket has no leader

or does team rocket have a new leader?

in five island there is the Rocket hideout after Team Rocket runs away on the computer is this...

A report with graphs and text is on the PC monitor. The Influence of Magnetic Waves on POKéMON Evolution .........too difficult to understand

that reminded me of Pokemon GOLD and the lake of rage when the magickarp are focused into Evolotion

then after you beat pokemon fire red go to the place with the guy who gives you the sappire he saids this.....

What, you again? You You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you? No, that can't be right! GIOVANNI's kid has red hair. You don't have any reasons for bugging me. Leave me alone!

wait... Red hair the only one in the games with red hair in the game is SLIVER
GOIVANNI'S kid?

that told me SLIVER is GOIVANNI's son and the leader of Team Rocket

why because you don't vs SLIVER when Team Rocket is around and after you save Kurt Sliver battles you and saids Team Rocket is the worst because they Failed...

So Zel in your hack can you please make it SLIVER the leader of team Rocket because he is....( if not how does Team Rocket do this on there own without a leader)

don't belive look it up in Adance Map

Balkj06

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hey Zel

I don't know if you know this but in Pokemon fire Red there is a place
called five island

also the leader of Team Rocket is GIOVANNI

well after you defect him and obtian the 8th badge in Fire Red
then Team Rocket has no leader

or does team rocket have a new leader?

in five island there is the Rocket hideout after Team Rocket runs away on the computer is this...

A report with graphs and text is on the PC monitor. The Influence of Magnetic Waves on POKéMON Evolution .........too difficult to understand

that reminded me of Pokemon GOLD and the lake of rage when the magickarp are focused into Evolotion

then after you beat pokemon fire red go to the place with the guy who gives you the sappire he saids this.....

What, you again? You You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you? No, that can't be right! GIOVANNI's kid has red hair. You don't have any reasons for bugging me. Leave me alone!

wait... Red hair the only one in the games with red hair in the game is SLIVER
GOIVANNI'S kid?

that told me SLIVER is GOIVANNI's son and the leader of Team Rocket

why because you don't vs SLIVER when Team Rocket is around and after you save Kurt Sliver battles you and saids Team Rocket is the worst because they Failed...

So Zel in your hack can you please make it SLIVER the leader of team Rocket because he is....( if not how does Team Rocket do this on there own without a leader)

don't belive look it up in Adance Map

Balkj06

Dude, Team Rocket has Executives to give commands to them.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
It's a pity Kanto isn't finished, but I'll enjoy playing Johto again.

I was waiting until I had a slot-2 to play this, starting it up now.

edit: oh ok it isn't working; ****ing ez3-in-1.

Last edited:
Back