• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
Sorry I couldn't help but think.
article200_matt_preston-200x0.jpg
As he once said, "This is DISGUSTING....

Disgustingly GOOD!" LOL

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I... don't think he really looks like Froakie. :x I mean I get the whole old guy or girl with glasses but him? Other than the wrinkles I don't find much similar lmao.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ya I knew him D<

But I get that part, sorry I was back on the glasses. XD; Maybe Froakie was a politician/judge in a past life because it also looks like that. :x

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't see why all of the fanart of Froakie evolutions have some kind of mustache.
Froakie doesn't have a mustache, it has spectacles made of bubbles!
It also has hair and a cravat made of bubbles. In fact...

froakie-291x300.jpg
ben_franklin2.jpg

C'mon, I can't be the only one who sees this!
I hate you, because now I can't unsee it. D:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I.. have a mini topic if you guys don't mind; do you have any plans for your in-game team? I mean, starter wise, type wise, and any other aspects? Like, say, do you plan on only using pokemon from this generation, or would you use pokemon from the past generations?

I plan on only use pokemon from this generation, but, I'd still like to use some of my favorites from the past generations of pokemon! That is, assuming that they will have past pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's confirmed they'll have older Pokémon return (see trailer). I plan to use a mix, in Unova I had to use all old Pokémon and found myself wanting a classical Pokémon at times.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It's confirmed they'll have older Pokémon return (see trailer). I plan to use a mix, in Unova I had to use all old Pokémon and found myself wanting a classical Pokémon at times.

Technically it's not. They could of just used past generation of pokemon for the purposes of th game play trailer. But, maybe they will.

I think I'll use about 1 or 2 pokemon from the past gen. if they have them, but, I guess it depends on the new pokemon revealed.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
For my first playthrough, I'm mostly going to use the newer Pokemon, since it's a new generation and all. Though I will use an older Pokemon if there's one that I really want to use and it's available. Starters and types depend on information that hasn't been revealed yet, like what the starters will evolve into and what the type distribution is.

Years
Technically it's not. They could of just used past generation of pokemon for the purposes of th game play trailer. But, maybe they will.

I think I'll use about 1 or 2 pokemon from the past gen. if they have them, but, I guess it depends on the new pokemon revealed.
That's possible, however we also know that Eevee will be here and likely the other eeveelutions since Sylveon is here (unless they do it post game, and leave it out of the dex like in DP).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
That's possible, however we also know that Eevee will be here and likely the other eeveelutions since Sylveon is here (unless they do it post game, and leave it out of the dex like in DP).

That was really annoying and I hope then don't do it again. You should be able to use all the new Pokémon on your in-game team.

blue

gucci
Years
I doubt Sylveon will be a post-dex Pokemon, this is a new Pokemon introduced in Gen VI therefore it only makes sense to include it into the regional dex along with the other Eeveelutions.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I doubt Sylveon will be a post-dex Pokemon, this is a new Pokemon introduced in Gen VI therefore it only makes sense to include it into the regional dex along with the other Eeveelutions.

Gen 4 did that. The very bottom of the Pokedex where its pretty much all evolutions to older Pokemon...none of them were in the regional Pokedex until Platinum meaning for the beginning of Generation 4, there were Sinnoh Pokemon that could not be attained until you beaten the game.

Everything on this list wasn't in Diamond and Pearl. And there are a lot of evolutions on that list.

Its a possibility that they do that again, there's the possibility that they won't.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I really hope they don't do that again like in Diamond and Pearl. I like to think that making Platinum was their way of saying, "Wow you guys, that was really dumb. Let's never do that again." All new Pokémon, excluding some legendaries saved for post-game, should be made available in the Regional Dex in my opinion.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah I agree.. would you guys trade for past-gen pokemon in these games?
I probably wouldn't, seeing as though it'd be too much of a hassle just to use a favourite of mine, imo. @__@

Years
Well at first no (considering we'll be getting a WWR most people proably won't be done until two days at the least so it'll be difficult to get any from our old games), but later on yeah (proably post game) for older Pokémon not in the dex.

I hope trading is made less of a hassle this time, Gen 5 took a step in the right direction by allowing us to trade Pokémon within our pc thus we didn't need to constantly withdraw when doing big scale trades.

Years
I usually trade a lot so I can obtain version exclusives. One of the two versions I'm playing is my "main version" and I catch any version exclusives from the other version for trading over so I can get them in my Pokedex. I sometimes even do resets on the other game so I can trade over the two starters I didn't choose. I always had to trade Snivy and Tepig over to my 5th Gen games since Oshawott is the only starter I use in a serious playthrough (he is my mascot, duh!).

I secretly store my brother's old DS Lite that I use specifically for trading Pokemon. As for trading a Pokemon I want that's not in the regional dex? Nope, even though I do like my signature Oshawott I do love all the new starters anyway, they are just so cute! (And nope, Froakie is not ugly)

Also, I am hoping a transfer-from-previous-gen feature is implemented again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back