• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Blue Flames

Do you guys want me to put a PokeCommunte in the Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years

Nope, you shouldn't change the tiles, they are beautiful and deserve to be in more than one hack, so you should keep them :]

Unless, of course, Wesley has a problem with it, but I doubt he would.

Looking from the screenshots so far, here is my input.

- The new tilework is great. I personally believe that every third generation hack needs new graphics, as the potentials have been unlocked and fully realized!
- A new player sprite might be appreciated. No one likes playing the same character, even if it's a different region (or at least I don't!).
- As for the tiles looking similar to those in other hacks, you should probably add a little personal touch. Perhaps darken it a bit.
- Since you are working with a new region and new Pokemon, I'm thinking this to give your hack a little edge: exclusively Gen. 4 and 5 Pokemon. Some other hacks involve regions from the anime, or modified versions of the Kanto/Hoenn region. You have a nice chance to start with a whole new Pokemon set..

Of course, these are just personal suggestions.
Yeah, im already planning on changing the Player Sprites. Ill definitely take your suggestion in mind :)

Okay, so im planning on putting a gatekeeper. Since all the Pokemon Games for NDS has it. Ill be using the ones for HGSS. I was planning on using the one for DPPt but then I saw the ones for HGSS and i decided to use that instead. Update coming tommorow c:
PS: The Updates will make you think the game will look like HGSS :3

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Okay, so im planning on putting a gatekeeper. Since all the Pokemon Games for NDS has it. Ill be using the ones for HGSS. I was planning on using the one for DPPt but then I saw the ones for HGSS and i decided to use that instead. Update coming tommorow c:
PS: The Updates will make you think the game will look like HGSS :3

HG/SS tiles ?! Yeah ! They're a lot better than d/p/pt

PokemonMasters

Years
Why is Darkrai unobtainable? (Rages out of the room)
lol sorry :( The champion of a neighboring region uses Darkrai. Because In the story, Dhark, the person who caught Darkrai, lives in the Topah Region. Darkrai attacked their City one day and his father gave him a master ball when he started his journey too become a Pokemon Master) and he caught him. o.O he used to be a gym leader but he challenged the Elite 4 and won. So now hes the champion of Topah. You'll visit that city in Topah somewhere between the 4th-7th gym. (Dont get me wrong, theres only 1 region in the game!But if i make a sequel..) Anyways he'll be one of the many champions you'll be able to battle at Champion Island. Im still deciding on who I will use for the Unova Champion. (Either Iris or Alder)

PokemonMasters

Years
ok, so i have 2 questions.
zubat or swoobat? honestly im tired of zubat being in caves in EVERY GAME. and i've only played black so im not really annoyed with swoobat.
and do you guys mind if Luvdisc evolves into Almomola?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I think Swoobat would fit your hack more. As far as Luvdisc evolving into Alomomola...I don't know. Yea they look similar, but if they were meant to be in an evolution chain, gamefreak would have made it that way.

PokemonMasters

Years
I want a beta D': When will one be released?
lets see, when i posted this thread a few weeks ago this hacks was in EARLY development. seriously. but since it was summer, i had lots of time to work on it. Tomorrow is the first day of school, so progress will not be as fast. And right now im adding about 50 4th and 5th gen. pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ok, so i have 2 questions.
zubat or swoobat? honestly im tired of zubat being in caves in EVERY GAME. and i've only played black so im not really annoyed with swoobat.
and do you guys mind if Luvdisc evolves into Almomola?
NOTHING! :D Those annoying bats should be left in original games =D

I think Swoobat would fit your hack more. As far as Luvdisc evolving into Alomomola...I don't know. Yea they look similar, but if they were meant to be in an evolution chain, gamefreak would have made it that way.
Well... it's mostly because GF wanted Isshu to be new beginning like Kanto so they did not want to connect it to anything of previous gens.

I don't think anyone would mind either Luvdics evolving into Alomomola or... I don't know Tauros to Bouffalant.

PokemonMasters

Years
Reopened :D

.:Update Time!:.
Okay so, I've redone mostly everything onto a clean new ROM. Most tiles have been changed because of people saying it looks like LP xD I'll be updating the first post in a few. (Im in love with wurmples sprite xD Especially the Shiny One xD) Enjoy the New Screens!
Battle2.png
Battle.png
EvherTown-1.png
GreentwinGreenhouse.png

GreentwinTown-1.png
House.png
Inside2.png
InsidetheLab.png
Inside.png
OutsideEvher.png
PokemonCenter.png
Tepig.png

This Game will have 90% New Scripts. Most of the scripts that haven't been changed or has been changed a little was in the beginning of the game.

k, bye (:

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Those tiles look amazing. You got a knack for laying out some towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back