• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say Amen

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I pray, but only if the situation is dire or, more likely, if I'm really worried about someone or something.

I don't see myself as a religious person, but rather, a spiritual person.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm a fairly religious person, I'd say. Catholic, if anyone's interested; and yeah I pray fairly regularly. Usually just for other people in bad places, things I want to change in my life, to show thanks for... something, etc. A lot of situations.

I wouldn't really say I expect an answer but it's really nice for me to feel like I'm being heard at the very least. And if I'm really not being heard? I don't see any issue with the comfort I've taken in the belief that I have been. It's also not like I'm gonna rely on someone to solve my problems for me; that'd be kinda dumb and pretty generally unhelpful and honestly I don't think many people who do actually pray believe that doing so will solve their problems despite the huge misconceptions that it seems a lot of people these days hold.

Also, heh. The first time I wrote this post out I had a big-ass semi-rant about a lot of the misconceptions I see non-religious people holding on religious people and how damaging and inaccurate they are, but I didn't wanna turn this into a debate thread. d:

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
honestly I don't think many people who do actually pray believe that doing so will solve their problems despite the huge misconceptions that it seems a lot of people these days hold.

Also, heh. The first time I wrote this post out I had a big-ass semi-rant about a lot of the misconceptions I see non-religious people holding on religious people and how damaging and inaccurate they are, but I didn't wanna turn this into a debate thread. d:

Well true,we don't pray to wait for our problems to solve..we pray to be strong enough to handle our problems,face it and solve it! ...hard times however they're hard but it makes strong person..an expert of life.

strange how people think religion is something to be ashamed of...i've tried life away from god and life with God so i tried both....and i can say pretty much that religion plays a great part in life and believing makes me stronger

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I am not religious and I do not pray. However, if someone I know is religious and they're going through a rough time, I do say "I'll keep you in my thoughts." I think it's a nice alternative and it still shows you care about the person.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I haven't prayed since I was in grade school (I went to a Catholic school) and we were forced to. Religion's never been my thing. Nothing against people who do pray or who are religious, but I'm just not into it myself.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
My family is very religious but I don't usually pray. I only pray when there's a big test coming up, or if someone I'm close to is sick. Something like that.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I've become fairly spiritual over the years but praying isn't a huge deal to me. However, I do sometimes find it to be a confidence booster, despite that being a Pantheist, nature is what I generally turn to.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yup. Prayer for me is a way to communicate with God and build a closer relationship with Him. You know, just casually talking with Him as a friend about stuff in my life and so on, as well as when I am in need of strength and assistance, or when I am afraid or just lonely. It helps to know that I am not alone wherever I may be and in whatever I do. I also pray for my family and friends and for people in need, whatever condition they may be in. I do have faith that my prayers will certainly be answered in His own time and I know that they have been heard.

I would also like to quote from AWsquared's post above to say that I support what he has said:

While I do believe that prayer helps, I also believe you can't just pray to solve your problems. You also have to take actions on yourself and the help of others if needed and not just relay on a spiritual being for everything. That's what I believe.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I know alot of people now-a-days find it idiotic to believe in religion. Can't say I believe in it either. I do, however, find myself praying when times get hard. It gives me comfort to pray, even if I don't necessarily believe God is out there listening, probably due to my parent's strong christian roots. Even if there is no God, I believe the Bible does have some good life lessons and can show you ways to deal with the stresses of life. So I found myself going to church every day in basic training, through my parents divorce and other times I don't feel are appropriate to mention. Always gave me a feeling of happiness after church, might just be nostalgia though.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
I'm a devote christian and i do pray quite often when i feel that im struggling with something or somethings come up... i also pray just to get closer to God and develop a better relationship with him. i know some people on here find that being religious is a bad thing and they are against it but... everyones got their own beliefs so yupyup im a prayerer :D amen

Back