• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Petit Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years
I went ham on this game.
  • Started, picked Torchic as starter.
  • Nicknamed Torchic as Chicka
  • Grinded until Torchic was level 12
  • Defeated May
  • Captured Marill and Nicknamed him Big Blue
  • Grinded until Marill and Torchic were level 15
  • Caught Shroomish at level 6 and nicknamed her Mishka
  • Grinded until Shroomish was level 15
  • Defeated Stone Gym Leader
  • Caught Nincada at level 7 and nicknamed her Nina
  • Received PokeNav
  • Grinded until Nincada was level 10.
  • Boxed Nincada and caught Makuhita and Taillow (was tired of training Nincada)
  • Nicknamed Makuhita as Maki and Taillow as Willow
  • Grinded Taillow until level 15
  • Defeated Fighting Gym Leader
  • Prevented Torchic from evolving
  • Saved at Slateport City Beach.

My team so far....
Big Blue (Marill), level 16
Mishka (Shroomish), level 16
Chicka (Torchic), Level 16
Maki (Makuhita), level 10
Willow (Taillow), level 17

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years
Sadly, i have to back out of the challenge. I realized that i prefer my pokemon evolved and stronger. Sorry for the trouble.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Sadly, i have to back out of the challenge. I realized that i prefer my pokemon evolved and stronger. Sorry for the trouble.
no problem ;) i'm sure you'll have more fun with other challenges out there.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

well now i am sad, aren't I? Tis a pretty tough challenge. can't blame anyone... but im still sad :(

Tek

Years
I haven't dropped out... just haven't made much progress heheh. I take my challenges slow.

Progress update:
Spoiler:

Current team:
Spoiler:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

- banked Yusha and Poppip, wihdrew Ezel
- beefed Ezel up a bit to get ready for Victory Road
- Lost 3x to different trainers in V. Road =(
- got thru V. Road and reached the Pokemon League
- went to Mistralton to have Roshi relearn Hex and Confuse Ray
- still training for now

Current Team:
Dud (Snivy) 44 / Giga Drain, Aerial Ace, Growth, Leech Seed / Miracle Seed
Mofu (Joltik) 53 / Signal Beam, Sucker Punch, Discharge, Charge Beam / Scope Lens
Ezel (Pawniard) 54 / Night Slash, Dig, Brick Break, Iron Head / Expert Belt
Noir (Munna) 49 / Moonlight, Calm Mind, Psybeam, Charge Beam / Quick Claw
Roahi (Litwick) 50 / Confuse Ray, Hex, Shadow Ball, Flame Burst / Spell Tag

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Smallish update
Spoiler:

Current team
Spoiler:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

- challenged pokemon league
- faced Shauntal first
Spoiler:

- faced Grimsley next
Spoiler:

-- i fight Caitlyn next
Spoiler:

- I face Marshal last
Spoiler:

- Elite Four beaten -
- I pursue N to finish this once and for all
- I manage to capture Zekrom and sent Roshi back to PC
- I battle with N
-- to be continued --

Edit: i really did finish my challenge, defeating Ghetsis in the end (actually very easy with my pokes). But i seem to have forgotten to put in the battle log as well as visit this thread >_<

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Wow molivious, you did well at the elite 4! You must have done lots of leveling up.

Here's my current progress:
Spoiler:

And here's my current team:

Spoiler:

Tek

Years
The end is in sight!

Progress update:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

You're doing great, Tek! love how your team looks like, too. In a good way, it's really odd lol. (big thanks on keeping the thread alive, too)

I'm re-taking this challenge on White 2. I really wanted to use B2's in-game Spinarak, tho, but I guess using pokemon I didn't really plan to use is what's gonna make it more interesting. This time i wanna beat the strongest trainers, past level 80s...so a bigger adventure awaits me.

I will also try to train two different teams, where the second will be made after the first E4 battle. Wheee >w<

Name: Molivious
Game: White 2

---
Okay, so I switched my game to Black 2 because I did finish White 2 Petit, but I hadn't written any updates at all (had no internet for a week). I could post a screenie later for that, since I've been playing them on the emu. But anyway, since the updates weren't done, I won't be counting it. Dang, and I had such a great time... I wanted to draw the updates instead.

So for Black 2, I've decided on what pokemon I'd be using:
First Half: Oshawott, Gible, Stunky, Buneary, Eevee
2nd Half: Buizel, Larvesta, Magnemite, Delibird, Drillbur + one from the first half (I'm wanting either Gible or Bun-bun)

I've only used Gible->Garchomp once, and that was way back in Gen IV. Most of the rest as well are pokemon I avoid using, with only Larvesta as a common Party member.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tek

Tek

Years
You're doing great, Tek! love how your team looks like, too. In a good way, it's really odd lol. (big thanks on keeping the thread alive, too)

Thanks! And no problemo.

Welp, I challenged the Elite Four. My humiliating defeat need not be described in great detail. So now I have resolved to train all members of my team to Lv 70 before attempting again.

Luckily my emulator got an update and now has extremely high fast forward speeds. Sparky and Hammer have both reached Lv 70. The other high-level members shouldn't take too terribly long, but I have a feeling that raising Suecephany is going to be a chore even with the new FF setting.

That said, I have a feeling that Suecephany is going to be something of a secret weapon. Her BST is low, of course, but a Trapinch's base Attack is the same as a Flygon's. And she may be slow, but she knows Quick Attack and I have a Silk Scarf. Ohhhh yeah.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
by the way... staravia, kakuna, metapod, silcoon, cascoon, luxio, ninorino, ninorina, flaffy, herdier, dousion, lampdent, delcatty, swadloon, shedinja, mawile, and sableye are allowed. their BST is 380 or less despite being evolved, with shedinja's bst being even lower then nincada's.

EDIT: oh my gosh did you even CHECK?

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

by the way... staravia, kakuna, metapod, silcoon, cascoon, luxio, ninorino, ninorina, flaffy, herdier, dousion, lampdent, delcatty, swadloon, shedinja, mawile, and sableye are allowed. their BST is 380 or less despite being evolved, with shedinja's bst being even lower then nincada's.

EDIT: oh my gosh did you even CHECK?
There's a reason why it was named as a 'Petit' challenge, and that a special rule was made for baby pokemon + their 'base' forms. Unfortunately, the explanation was omitted in this thread from the original. I thought it was unnecessary and just made the first post too long.

edit: you made me realize that I only had to insert two lines in the first post to have avoided that confusion, though. So thanks (and btw, Mawile and Sableye are actually in the Bench section, since they're at their base forms)

I do understand what you meant/expected, though, and I was actually considering on remaking this challenge into the more-general NFE challenge to allow the pokemon you mentioned. Probably soon. I'm just getting the rules together and make sure they are integrated to preserve the challenge this thread has offered.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

yes you never mentioned ANYTHING about evolved pokemon and those two lines are... well, still missing.
Considering that many just directly look at the list, I found it unneeded to add more text to that wall of mumbo jumbo.

As I said, I assumed that the word 'Petit' was well-understood. For the older players, it'd seem like common sense. It is right beside the fact that I personally provided a strict list for useable pokemon -- which clearly showed that any evolved form was intentionally being skipped. At the back of my head, I thought people would get the idea of 'Petit' along those lines.

Let's see...oh, no Metapod? No Pidgeotto? Oh, then I guess no Mid-line evos and such and such.

It's not like I didn't give enough clues, either.
  • You may only use pokemon with 380 or less overall base stats(all of them are listed below)
    • Evolved Pokemon may be raised/traded in/hacked in as parents for egg moves. However, they SHOULD NOT participate in any (rival/gym/major) battle.

I'm puzzled as to why you seem to be so...upset. It was unclear, I admit, but if it's worked out for others thus far, then I assume that it wasn't so confusing at all.

Tek

Years
Let's please not ruin a wonderful thread with a silly argument. The rules weren't clear before, but now they are. We can leave it at that, yes?

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

It's settled, I don't mind. He was only trying to help, actually. It was a matter of few edits on the first post and now it is made. So...

LET'S PLAEEEEEIIIYY!!!

edit: So I've submitted a thread for the forementioned NFE challenge, which will integrate most of this challenge's rules in a different play mode. Once it appears in the thread list, everything will be moved there and this thread will be closed. For those who currently have done progress in this thread (I mean those who have at least gone past the first gym), you may continue to update in that thread. For the rest who didn't make it, please renew your registration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back