• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'll go ahead and start a new topic, Wicked (if you don't mind, of course!). Of the two Charizard forms introduced in X&Y, which is your most favorite? Personally, I like Charizard Y. It's got an amazing-looking design, and it isn't so bad when it comes to battling. Charizard X is good at battling as well, but its design, though... I'm not very fond of it. In my opinion, its color scheme just doesn't go along with it too well. ):

Not at all! I like X better because it's stats make it able to make MUCH better use of its movepool (which is actually pretty good) along with getting STAB Dragon-type moves. It also looks extremely cool.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 20, 2017
I've always felt that Charizard Y was the more "correct" Mega evolution (or at least what I'd expect from a Charizard Mega evolution) because they just changed so much with Charizard X. But I prefer Charizard X because it's basically a shiny Charizard with BLUE fire. That's pretty cool.

I hate the weird thing Charizard X has on it's shoulders though, and the way it's always breathing out that blue fire out of its mouth.

haha I hated Flannery, but Torkoal is just so weiiirrrd. Like really, a fire turtle? But Ash's Torkoal made me love all Torkoals (and I usually don't like Ash's pokemon).

I can't help but agree with you. Like i said before, megazard X is so much more different than the normal charizard. It just doesn't look "right".

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: Sheep
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
136.png
637.png

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They're very reliable and tend to have pretty darn good base stats. Plus one of my favorite Pokemon overall, Flareon, is a fire type! :)

What is your favorite Fire-type starter?

Probably Fennekin. Its cuteness won me over in both the anime and games.. though Cyndaquil is a close second for similar reasons. It's hard to choose between the two but if I had to I'd probably lean towards Fennekin for the cool typing when fully evolved and neat magician-like design.

Welcome! Flareon is one of the most underrated Pokémon there is these days, but it's still very cool (it's an Eeveelution, duh). Fennekin turned out to be the best starter since Torchic if you ask me. Fire/Psychic was awesome to have.

Name: BadPokemon

Pick two fire-type partner pokemon: infernape, houndoom

Reasons for liking fire types: When I was a kid, I considered fire types stronger than any other type. Infernape is my favorite starter and one of my favorite pokemon. Fire type is my favorite type and they are really cool.

What is your favorite fire type starter?: chimchar! It was my best pokemon and favorite( still is) from gen 4 and any other gen. I ohko'd everything. The only thing that it lost to was the elite 4. We managed to come out victorious, though, with the help of the rest of our team and a lot of potions. It was also my first pokemon ever. Diamond was my first pokemon game. Unfortunately, it is sitting in the back of a GameStop now.

Welcome! One thing I like about Infernape is its extreme potential to wipe out a team quickly with its great Speed and Attack/Special Attack stats.

Update I just made:

Userbars:
I would appreciate if anyone would be willing to make a userbar or two for the club to put in signatures if they so choose.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Eсно
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard and Arcanine
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: It is my favourite type and i always choose the fire type starter. Fire types are not only vicious and powerful, they can be extremely destructive yet do so in an elegant and beautiful manner.

Of the two Charizard forms introduced in X&Y, which is your most favorite?
Definetly X the design is amazing :3

Wicked3DS

Years
Happy New Year everybody! I hope 2014 brings you all that you have been hoping for.

Name: Eсно
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard and Arcanine
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: It is my favourite type and i always choose the fire type starter. Fire types are not only vicious and powerful, they can be extremely destructive yet do so in an elegant and beautiful manner.

Definetly X the design is amazing :3

Welcome! Elegant is a new word for Fire-types, but I definitely see it in the likes of Ninetails, Moltres, and Ho-oh.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
I like Charizard Y a lot better. It has the ability drought, so water is weakened( I think). It looks more rugged and charizard-like. It looks so awesome. I have faced one before and it destroyed my team, including my mega blastoise. I'm saving my in-game money to finally get the mega form.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
Name:Fern/Fernbutter

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Typhloshion and Arcanine.

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Because they are amazing creatures and you should love fire types too or I will disintegrate you with my mind, hahah kidding, but really they are pretty cool and they make up the original types of Pokemon.

Current topic:
For me its Charizard Y.

Past topics:
That would be Charmander, then Cyndaquill.

Years

I like both but X looks way cool.. plus he finally gets the dragon typing, yay. Y is great in its own way though, especially in competitive battling since it gets Drought. So X for design, Y for usefulness in (competitive) battling!

Wicked3DS

Years

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Because they are amazing creatures and you should love fire types too or I will disintegrate you with my mind, hahah kidding, but really they are pretty cool and they make up the original types of Pokemon.

Current topic:
For me its Charizard Y.

Past topics:

Disintegrate me with your mind? I think you belong in the Psychic-type club. Haha but welcome! I definitely agree with you though. They make for some very original creations especially as the series went on.

The X/Y Charizard debate is definitely closer than I imagined. I personally think X is a lot cooler looking and makes for a better all-purpose Pokémon, but Y makes for a beast of a Special Attacker and a very viable Solarbeam user. X is still my choice overall though.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years

Current topic:
For me its Charizard Y.

Past topics:

Disinigrate with your mind? Don't you mean flames? Anyways, welcome to the club!

Wicked3DS

Years
New topic for you all to ponder:

What type would you like to see paired with Fire-type?

I always wanted to see if they could come up with something clever for a Fire/Water Pokémon because I never could think of anything. I also think a Fire/Grass type would make an interesting Pokémon.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I always wanted a fire/water and fire/grass.
I also want to see fire/fairy type. It be sweet to kick some dragon ass with a fire type.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A fire/grass-type would definitely be pretty cool; I agree. I could imagine this Pokémon being covered in wood, with leaves stuck onto its body which are burning. Haha. A water/fire Pokémon would be awesome as well. Volcanion (one of the un-announced Pokémon of X and Y) is said to be a fire/water-type, but... I'm not exactly sure how it looks or how good it is in battling. d:

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Name pokamon pick 2 fire type partner pokemon charizard blaziken give reason why u like fire type I like fire types because they r strong aganst alot of types n majestic in x which of the 2 charizard do u like I like x version hard to beat n very destructive I say fire n poison

Last edited:
Back