• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga that have made you cry

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
this one episode of Shiki that was on demand, had no idea what it was so I figured I'd check it out, it was just..of course it wasn't the first episode
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Anohana: The flower we saw that day,
Oh yea, we forgot about honorable mention of this kind of poll =/

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Yep, on numerous occasions.
The first two to come to mind were AnoHana and Angel Beats!. In addition to their respective endings, there were numerous moments in both which produced tears.
Another would be Code Geass, especially during
Spoiler:

Years
Once, at the end of Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection. The toll of a very hard life, the forgiving of previous sins and the final rest in the arms of a loved one - all combined with stunning animation and sorrowful music. Couldn't hold the tears back ;-;!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
End of Dragon Ball GT made me cry so hard. I just wanted goku to stay with me a little longer. I was only seven but just seeing him dissappear with shenron was too much for my little heart and I just locked myself in my room for a few days crying into a pillow because of Goku. I also cried when I saw Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods because Goku, you're back! I still can never watch the last episode of GT, I rewatched the series a few years ago but couldn't bring myself to watch it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. That was so sad that Goku was just...gone. I didn't quite cry, but I did get a little teary eyed, and I can't bring myself to watch that episode either :(

The ending of Moonphase has to be the most beautifully emotional moment I've ever seen in anime. Definitely brought a tear to my eye :)

I noticed a lot of people mentioned Angel Beats! The end of that anime was...torture. It's like they went out of their way to make it as sad and depressing as possible. I practically cried each time someone disappeared. Beautiful anime, but depressing as heck.

Years
Mawaru Penguindrum! That ending was only magnified with the beautiful, yet depressing sounding background music playing ;___; The series was developed and progressed nicely to engage the audience so by the end, I feel for all the characters and it resulted in me bawling.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Sola at the end made me cry. Also, when I was little and Byakuya took Rukia in Bleach. :(
In the original FMA when Edward and Alphonse try to bring heir mother back.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Death of the first Suzaku Seven in Fushigi Yuugi. The reactions of other characters. Damn. I cried today. And screw the author for killing him off - he was my fave character, konoyaro!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
I'm sure those of you who have seen these series know why they made me cry.

One Piece, This series makes me cry often. Through happiness and sadness.
Clannad, dat starfish.
Code Geass, I can't actually remember why, I just know it did. It has been a while since I saw it haha.
Death Note, I'm sure you know why.
Durarara, Saika arc and Kida's stuff.

These were just off the top of my head.

Takumi.

Heart of a Clockwork Child
Years
The vegeta/buu scene in DBZ.. so epic.. vegeta is by far, and will always be, my favorite anime character ever..

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Ughh so many I guess. :3

The ending of dragonball GT is ummm..... something else it mde me cry so hard I laughed at myself after a few days.

Also some other anime's that have made me cry (like a man ofc) AnoHana and Angel Beats. Clannad would probably be next in the list after watching it.

Some of the anime's that have nearly made me cry are Gintama(from laughter), Deathnote, FMA, and many more. xD

derozio

Years
Second time Fushigi Yuugi made me cry. Very hard, this time. Though it was the 2nd OVA's second episode and not the series. Family reunion at its best.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Bleach and Hunter x Hunter have both made me cry. Maybe not full on crying for the latter, but Bleach definitely did. I still get sad at the scene where
Spoiler:

I've watched Luffy vs Lucci a few times. It made me really sad and almost teary.

derozio

Years
Complete list as of now:
One Piece (duhh)
Naruto (sasuke itachi moment. I'm a sucker for good sibling drama)
Clannad and AS (multiple times)
Anohana (dat ending)
Gintama (for real during episode 86-87. And shed tears due to laughter during a LOT of other episodes)
Fushigi Yuugi (nuriko. Nuff said.)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Clannad and Clannad After Story is top tier, seriously. I've bawled like a baby millions of times throughout that anime. I love it though.

I bawled in Kanon and Angel Beats as well.

I didn't cry from Air til the end and even then I didn't cry as hard as I did with the other two Key works.

I tear up at many anime but none have made me a wreck like Kyoto's works.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Sailor Moon, Digimon Adventure, Fullmetal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood), and One Piece get me teary eyed every time.

Back