• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I found Miltank quite easy to beat. :\ Then again, I had a hJeracross with Brick Break, so i just spammed Brick Break several times and I won easily. :3 I'm finding Morty harder at the moment (I think I even found Bugsy harder to beat than Whitney. :O)

Years
I have you say that it was a little disappointing. Despite the fact that I hate it when I get creamed, I was hoping she would prove as much a challenge as always. Even when I play G/S/C on my emulator, she's still very difficult for me to beat. But...in Soul Silver, it was like...so easy I couldn't believe it. Sure, the attract was annoying, but that's all Miltank was. I was expecting it to be tough, but it was just a nuisance. =|

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haven't got that far yet, but am worried....

Bugsy's Scyther got my Pidgey down to 1 health, after it being healed again while Geodude distracted (suicide switch-in), AND having took down Quilava.Thank god it's Jolly, Quick Attack saved my ass, and I expected a Heracross....but luckily it was just 2 weak pokes.

So, with Whitney's rep, I'm screwed!!!

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
I have to thank my lucky stars that Nidorino has Double Kick :P I used Poison Sting like 4 times until it was poisoned, then it used it's stupid berry, and then it stomped and got poisoned by poison point. Stupid Miltank >;D

Then I double kicked it about 4 times, then I heard the most annoying text ever...

"Leader Whitney used one Super Potion!"

>:O

I used about 8 super potions and she uses one. Sigh.

Xous

Pokémon Artist
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
I did struggle a little against Miltank in the original Gold/Silver/Crystal games (never to the point of a loss, though), but in this one all I did was send in Rocky (that one guy's Onix you can trade for) and that's pretty much it. It took everything it had to throw at it pretty easily. >_> I always prepare to be many levels over whatever the next Gym has, though, so that obviously helped. xP

Though I did hear a lot of hype about how difficult it was going to be, so I kinda feel like I ruined a challenge for myself. xP Oh well, it's all far in the past now.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
Years
:< She beat my Quilava and Togepi about 10 times by using attract -> Rollout. Clefairy was... it was just there, I killed it with one attack.
When I finally beat her, it was when I was singing the Team Rocket song.
So, that's how I beat her, by singing the Team Rocket song. /proud

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Quilava Lv. 30: Flame wheel. Miltank: Stomp

Cue 5 Flame Wheel/Milk Drink combo

Miltank: Attract. Switch Quilava out, filler Lv. 10 Pidgey in. Miltank: Milk Drink. Stomp. Pidgey KO.

Sent Quilava back out. Flame Wheel- critical hit. Miltank: Stomp.

Whitney: Super Potion. Quilava: Flame Wheel. Miltank: Stomp.

Quilava: Flame Wheel. Miltank down!

tobi-ksla

Years
My team:
Quilava Lv 18
Togepi Lv 18
Raticate Lv 20
Flaafy Lv 18
Machop Lv 10
Strategy:
After taking out her Clefairy with Raticate's Hyper Fang, I switched to Flaffy. First Turn: Thunder Wave. Succeeding turns: Growl until Miltank's Attack cannot be lowered anymore.

Then, I send out Togepi. Metronome: Swagger: Confused plus sharply increased Attack. (Insert Facepalm Smiley Here)

Then, Raticate. Hyper Fang. Normal STAB.

But then, Miltank used Attract, so I had to switch to Lv 10 Machop. Luckily, Thunder Wave and -4 Attack (which should have been -6) helped out. Machop kept on using Rock Smash to lower Miltank's defense so that Raticate can take it down later on, but then, Machop managed to take it down.

I claimed my victory on my 3rd attempt.

UpYourJuiceBox

Nint3Ndoc0re lov1n Sce|\|eKi!d
Years
first time playing through, i used quilava (garbage pokemon)
lost the first time.
tried again, dont really know how I did it.. lots of flame wheel I suppose :P magically got past the "loving miltank"

Second game was easier.. EV trained chikorita from the beginning. PWNED, I had a meganium by the time I got to her, lvl 35 if I recall correctly. Whitney didn't stand a chance.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
Years
I had to switch between my two main pokemon(both are male) because they kept falling in love with it. Then, I used Rock Smash on it after quickly putting up an X Attack. I then set it up in Paralysis and just hoped. It used its berry, and then I redid the debuff on it. My first attempt failed but the second time, I did it just by a hair. Rock Smash happened to hit Critical before Whitney could use a Super Potion or her pokemon could use Milk Drink.

I completely forgot about this issue. I haven't played Crystal in four years, and suddenly playing HG is driving me insane with fun, yet admittedly, after this leader I had to take an hour break before continuing.

TK of Poison

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Thank you for reminding me what her Miltanks other 2 moves were (Attract and Milk Drink) because she didn't use those moves once when i battled her!
I do remember in the original gold that she was the one gym leader i feared due to that Miltank but now in this newer version, maybe cause i am older now or stupid AI or something, it wasn't as hard as i was expecting.
She did use rollout and after thinking "Here comes the pain", she didn't follow it up with another rollout. It kinda made me sad to see that one of the hardest gym leaders of the past (IMO) had become...just a normal gym leader. XP

I did use Croconaw so that may be the reason she did not use rollout all the time since it isn't super effective. In original Gold my starter was Cyndaquil.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
i used my noctowl to slowly take care of her clefairy so that she would waste a superpotion on it (didnt know she had 2 ><).
then i used noctowl to do reflect and use my nidorino to double kick her to death also she got poisoned while atacking me but she ended up healing.
so i had to finish it with my croconow.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
Years
I got pretty superduper lucky beating Whitney. Only took one try and one revive, I think; Miltank got my Butterfree in one rollout.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Whitney was a nightmare for me.
Her Miltank's stomp is very annoying which makes you flinch more often than not.
And the Miltank also has Rollout, which is super annoying also.
Plus Miltank has tons of health - Overall, he's quite hard.

Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
I thought she was a lot easier than I expected her to be.
I started with Pidgeotto, who took out the Clefairy with relative ease. Destroyed by Miltank's Stomp though, and so was Flaaffy. Croconaw's Bite got her to flinch a couple of times, then she was easy work. She never used any moves apart from Stomp, so I must have got lucky.

Years
I used my Quilava:
Clefairy was easily defeated with 2 Flame Wheels
Against Miltank, I used another 2 Flame Wheels and it used Stomp twice.
I used Flame Wheel again to bring it down to red HP, then it used a weak Rollout. It couldn't recover as it was locked into it, so I finished it with an extra Flame Wheel =P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 7, 2010
I remember her being IMPOSSIBLE (almost) int he original version of the game.
However, with Zangoose (who I bread from another Zangoose and a Ditto that I imported from Platinum and infected with Pokerus) I was able to use the move "Sword Dance" about 3 times then, then I used Slash - and (I think) I got Miltank down in one hit. ;D

Back