• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
ok it works now,tnx for help.And does pokemonbrownfinal link at first page is that newest patch with that dungeon?

Yes it is. The final dungeon is also quite a doozy since all the trainers within it use pokemon lv77-100. I did manage to pull through using Pokemon in the mid 40s. They were in the late 50s once I finished. Stock up on lots of healing items. Also bring the Card Key along. It's used to get one item. There is no other way to get said item. And rumor has it you can use the bike in the final dungeon, but I don't recommend it since there are 4 custom music pieces composed by MeanMrMustard before he left the team.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Well what could i do in brown after Elite 4 besides the final dungeon. also does that guard in the tunnel leaves after some event?

The final dungeon itself is very long, so there's extensive gameplay in that. Otherwise, it's well worth completing the Pokedex, as long as CBM's reward for it is still ongoing.

If you mean the Rijon-Naljo tunnel where a passport is needed, there's nothing beyond there - Naljo isn't accessible.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
A fix for Pokemon Pics not showing up correctly on some emulators (and on real gameboys) is coming soon along with minor glitch fixes as well as fixes to some of the game design flaws.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
A fix for Pokemon Pics not showing up correctly on some emulators (and on real gameboys) is coming soon along with minor glitch fixes as well as fixes to some of the game design flaws.

Do some these design flaws include TM learnset glitches? I wanted to teach my Feraligatr Hyper Beam but it can't learn it.

A few minor moveset related problems relating to Giovanni's Persian and Mura's (if your starter was Charmander) Blastoise. Persian knows Fissure and Blastoise knows Blizzard. If I'm correct, Persian can't learn Fissure and Blizzard is no longer a TM in Brown.

Also (minor request, ignore it if you wish) could you modify Red's team in the Elite Four? It is rather repetetive to face 3 Charizards in the Elite Four (2 if your starter wasn't Bulbasaur). If you do, could the Charizard replacement be a Typlosion? Like I said, ignore if you wish since this is your hack.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2012
Hey Coolboyman, is a patch for RBY that allows those games to recognize the new Pokemon/fixed back sprites you added in Brown possible/in the works? Currently playing through Brown again, and I'd love to trade between the games, and mess around in Kanto with Gen 2-4 dudes.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I think, but just wanted to throw it out there. Keep up the great work.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Do some these design flaws include TM learnset glitches? I wanted to teach my Feraligatr Hyper Beam but it can't learn it.

A few minor moveset related problems relating to Giovanni's Persian and Mura's (if your starter was Charmander) Blastoise. Persian knows Fissure and Blastoise knows Blizzard. If I'm correct, Persian can't learn Fissure and Blizzard is no longer a TM in Brown.

Also (minor request, ignore it if you wish) could you modify Red's team in the Elite Four? It is rather repetetive to face 3 Charizards in the Elite Four (2 if your starter wasn't Bulbasaur). If you do, could the Charizard replacement be a Typlosion? Like I said, ignore if you wish since this is your hack.

- Yes I will be going through the TM learnsets and seeing what's missing.
- Them learning those were overlooks on my part and will be fixed.
- I think I'll change Red's Charizard to a Typlosion. You're right. I like Charizard, but that's a bit overkill.

What else will be fixed:
- Pokemon pics will not glitch up when using certain emulators as well as a real gameboy.
- Pokemon found early in the game will be able to learn more moves by leveling up.
- Some spelling/grammar errors I picked up as well as the text overlapping on one part.
- Koolboyman's end message altered to fit my current situation.

I'm making all of these changes for a good reason. Stay "tuned", you'll like what I'm going to do.

Feel free to suggest things that will improve the game.

Hey Coolboyman, is a patch for RBY that allows those games to recognize the new Pokemon/fixed back sprites you added in Brown possible/in the works? Currently playing through Brown again, and I'd love to trade between the games, and mess around in Kanto with Gen 2-4 dudes.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I think, but just wanted to throw it out there. Keep up the great work.

I have no plans for that, that was meant to be merged with the Red in color hack I was doing but I never got around to finishing it because of other stuff I have to deal with in my life.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
I have found a few more things I think may need to be looked at.

1) For the hell of it, I decided to sift through the Pokedex to see where Pokemon can be found. It shows Cyndaquil where Ilex Forest is. Yet exploring the Forest only revealed Oddish and Paras (also Caterpie if I recall correctly).

2) Route 34 has no wild Pokemon. Is this intentional or overlooked?

3) I have found Lv80 wild Heracross on the shore south of Owsuari City. Similar to the Missingno. glitch, you gotta surf the left shore.

4) In the Final Dungeon when you come across Nurse Joy standing behind a counter, all she does is thank you (for what!?). I'm assuming that she is supposed to heal your Pokemon. I think from a technical standpoint, this is the Nurse Joy that was in Silph Co. on RBY. Once you beat Giovanni in Silph, she doesn't heal your team anymore and all she does is thank you. Since the Warehouse is (from a technical point of view) Silph Co., defeating Giovanni in the Warehouse triggers the flag telling the nurse to not heal you. Would it be possible to either change the requirements for her giving the thank you text or replace that room with an unused Pokemon Center map?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I have found a few more things I think may need to be looked at.

1) For the hell of it, I decided to sift through the Pokedex to see where Pokemon can be found. It shows Cyndaquil where Ilex Forest is. Yet exploring the Forest only revealed Oddish and Paras (also Caterpie if I recall correctly).

2) Route 34 has no wild Pokemon. Is this intentional or overlooked?

3) I have found Lv80 wild Heracross on the shore south of Owsuari City. Similar to the Missingno. glitch, you gotta surf the left shore.

4) In the Final Dungeon when you come across Nurse Joy standing behind a counter, all she does is thank you (for what!?). I'm assuming that she is supposed to heal your Pokemon. I think from a technical standpoint, this is the Nurse Joy that was in Silph Co. on RBY. Once you beat Giovanni in Silph, she doesn't heal your team anymore and all she does is thank you. Since the Warehouse is (from a technical point of view) Silph Co., defeating Giovanni in the Warehouse triggers the flag telling the nurse to not heal you. Would it be possible to either change the requirements for her giving the thank you text or replace that room with an unused Pokemon Center map?

1: That's weird, I'll look into that.

2: Intentional. A major earthquake just happened so they all fled.

3: Will fix that too.

4: Yeah I can make her heal your Pokemon. I'll probably do that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2012
I have no plans for that, that was meant to be merged with the Red in color hack I was doing but I never got around to finishing it because of other stuff I have to deal with in my life.

Oh man, I remember that project. Too bad it never got finished.

Years
Routes 47 and 48 could be called Route 47 south/Route 48 south, maybe that could work. By the way since you said you wanted some suggestions for Pokemon Brown I've got some. Maybe adding some of the new Pokemon additions to some of the trainer battles like before the route east of Jaeru City. Like making a trainer in Merson Cave using Larvitar, a trainer in Silk Tunnel having a Cyndaquil, etc. You know to make finding some Pokemon better. Also like Prism are you gonna add mini games, since the only thing to do after the Final Dungeon is the Game Corner and completing the Pokedex. Maybe add day/night too since another Red/Blue hack is doing it.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Will Routes 47/48 be changed to 49/50?

Routes 47 and 48 are now canon routes.

Routes 47 and 48 could be called Route 47 south/Route 48 south, maybe that could work. By the way since you said you wanted some suggestions for Pokemon Brown I've got some. Maybe adding some of the new Pokemon additions to some of the trainer battles like before the route east of Jaeru City. Like making a trainer in Merson Cave using Larvitar, a trainer in Silk Tunnel having a Cyndaquil, etc. You know to make finding some Pokemon better. Also like Prism are you gonna add mini games, since the only thing to do after the Final Dungeon is the Game Corner and completing the Pokedex. Maybe add day/night too since another Red/Blue hack is doing it.

Route 47 and 48 exist specifically in HG/SS which is an alternate continuity from Gold and Silver on Gameboy Color. The continuity from the Pokemon games that Brown and Prism borrow from is solely based on the original games, not the remakes or re-releases (such as Yellow or Crystal). Therefore Route 47 / 48 can exist as different routes in Brown/Prism and HG/SS.

Pokemon like Larvitars might be too tough for Merson Cave, but I see your point. I'm not going to add mini games to Brown, it's just going to be improvements to the game design flaws.

Last edited:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
CoolBoyMan I recently stumbled upon some of the unused designs for gold and silver and noticed some resemblances to Jaeru City and Castro Valley. Has anyone else noticed this or is this a first

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Hey Coolboyman. Your hack is GREAT but there is one problem i cam upon. I got the metal coat from the safari zone and i used it on my scizor and onix. When they evolved they had WACKY stats. For example scizor had 159 special, 88 attack, 15 defense, 25 speed. I forgot what my onix had but he had over 100 speed and about 32 attack and about 27 defense; i couldnt remember. So yea, if you have a solution, can you please tell me. Im waiting for a solution before i continue the game. Thanks in advance. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Generation I pokemon that evolve into a later generation pokemon have glitched stats after evolution. One level up of depostit then withdraw from the PC will cure it.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
CoolBoyMan I recently stumbled upon some of the unused designs for gold and silver and noticed some resemblances to Jaeru City and Castro Valley. Has anyone else noticed this or is this a first

Old news. Coolboyman himself said in an interview that those cities are based upon beta gold cities :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Ohhhh. I see, I see. I tried depositing, then withdrawing and it worked perfect. THANK SOO MUCH zdude0127. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back