• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: A Very Cute Valentine's Day Event: Cupid's Arrow

Honest

Hi!
Years
Okay, so, I don't know how many of you noticed, but DCC has turned into a Dating Agency, apparently. I guess that's my fault LOL. But getting to the point, I came up with an idea for an event on Valentines day, and Razor saw what I pitched and figured it'd be worth a shot to ask in CQ&F. So here I am, pitching my idea. Here's what I said in DCC:

Basically have the Hstaff assign people a person to be with on V-day, be it as a pair or a cute couple, etc. Easiest way I can think of how to actually make this happen and succeed would be to make a thread in about a week's advance (tomorrow) explaining the event and people would comment saying they'd like to join the event. Their name would be added to the main post (I guess w/ gender and such, and if they want, they can say their preference, or if they're undecided. That's a grey area, though, not sure how to work that).

After we have people who signed up for it, Hstaff creates couples by lottery and announces them on the thread. And for the rest of the day, or hell, maybe for the rest of the week, the couple does as they please. They can be silly with each other that's you and me, RL, flirt, become a pair, etc. I guess you can have a Valentine's Day chat thread if you want, where people talk V-Day stuff and couple stuff. And from their on, have a good time. Who knows, new friendships can be made, or even better! Of course, emblems must be created for joining. Hell, maybe even a Prom King/Queen type award/emblem for the cutest couple. Me and Razor would win that, of course.

Umm... the stuff with me and Razor. Ignore that. Anyway, I think it'd be a cute thing to happen, and people who aren't comfortable with it don't have to do it, of course. Entirely optional. Like I said, a great way to get to know new people and such. I'd even host it myself, but I wouldn't have the time for that, sadly.

Cupid's Arrow is just a name I made off the top of my head, for the record, feel free to change it.

I think that's everything I wanted to say. Approve, disapprove? =D

If we do do this, Hstaff, hook me up with Razor.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Approved, for sure. Its gonna be such a kicker if it happens, and I would love to help spread the joy.
I know you need a mods approval, but considering how you need members to do this, might as well show support.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Approve this idea for sure. Great way to make new friends and it could be really fun for everyone who will participate in this :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Does hstaff even wanna do this? idk, I assume some of them have things to do that day...lol It does sound like a neat idea though. But idk. I think pairing should be left to yourself personally. Says the person with three pairs. Still mulling this over, lol.

Nick and I are a cuter couple than you and Razor Leaf tho js!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think it'd work that well unless it was an actual... competition, given you can just flirt with random people in general.

Years ago on another forum I hosted a romance competition.
Romance Competition

This is a competition that judges the affection and compatibility of the couples entered. It will be based on five rounds of which each half must compete in. Signups are from days 1-2 of the party, and the rounds are from days 3-6. On the final day, the judging shall commence and be completed, the results covering a range of points shall be released then.

The couples competing are as follows:

[Signups underway]

The rules that you must abide by:

• No cybering in public.
• Don't be "offensive".

That's basically all. Oh, and abide by all BF rules too.

Rounds:
Round one

Your partner and you have to compliment each other as much as possible, this can be in any form… etc, compliment any way possible, post that you care for them. Whatever is fine by us as long as it is within our rules.

Round two

We ask one half a question, and you have to guess what their answer would've been. Simple really.

Round three

Describe your perfect holiday with your partner.

Round four

Create a graphic as a team (idea taken from Shayla's teamwork FC), this graphic shall be decided by us, BUT, the catch is, you each don't contact each other about this during this round... try and make your graphics look similar, whichever looks most alike will win this round. And, this is also judged.

Judges

• Kenji
• Nica

Third judge... still being decided.

The judges shall be judging on various things. These are…

1. How long the judges think the couples will be together for.
2. How their names sound together (whether or not they're smexy together)
3. How the couples rate out of ten.
4. Whether they're a team or not.

Well, sign up and have fun~!
Oh, and if you're late, you'll have to do double rounds on the next day. During the sign up days, you MAY complete all your rounds, if you're not going to be around while the rounds are on.

ofc less noobish sounding than that but an actual competition could prove to be more fun than just randomly flirting with people etc (also if hstaff don't wanna host, some of us mods can~~).

Honest

Hi!
Years
You don't necessarily have to be flirting. You can just be talking to someone, getting to know them, etc. And I'd rather not make it a competition, cause imo, that'd just scream desperation.

This is all just an idea, so obviously there are flaws. It's not my call, of course. Up to you guys!

Edit: I hope this idea doesn't scream desperation in itself, cause that's not the direction it's supposed to go.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg what if there was like a Newlyweds game for PC!!! Like people enter as pairs, and then there's a list of questions that's sent to each person and you have to answer them the way you think your partner would answer them and whoever knows each other the best wins?!

If we do the event in the OP though, I would be fine with assigning people valentines on VDay if hstaff are busy. I'm sure a member would be fine with it too, it's not like it HAS to be hstaff since there wouldn't be anything special to it other than telling people who they're with.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think it's a cute, fun idea. People could make friends and talk to people they might not have talked to before, I kinda like this idea of having a"pair for a day"

Honest

Hi!
Years
Omg what if there was like a Newlyweds game for PC!!! Like people enter as pairs, and then there's a list of questions that's sent to each person and you have to answer them the way you think your partner would answer them and whoever knows each other the best wins?!

Oooooh, I actually like that! Not exactly a competition, but it's like one, and it works.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh I missed that that was part of Nica's suggestion! So it's really her idea, I just stole it like a terrible terrible person.

Honest

Hi!
Years
And now I'm feeling equally as guilty. Oof.

Well, Nica, you've done this before, apparently, did it work out? If it went well, then we might as well try it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

If we do the event in the OP though, I would be fine with assigning people valentines on VDay if hstaff are busy. I'm sure a member would be fine with it too, it's not like it HAS to be hstaff since there wouldn't be anything special to it other than telling people who they're with.

I really like this idea A LOT :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
And now I'm feeling equally as guilty. Oof.

Well, Nica, you've done this before, apparently, did it work out? If it went well, then we might as well try it.

It went pretty well really. Just gotta maintain people's interest and it'll be okay (plus more people are likely to enter than on the small forum~).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Let's go with this event! xD I'd go with anything you guys suggest, anything that makes V-day fun and special! Usually, V-day would be a somewhat 'depressing' day for singles (you know why), but this could be changed right here at PC as they get their own Valentine's partner and won't have to be singled out. xD Of course, it should be entirely optional. About making it into a competition, I think that won't be such a good idea as the whole thing might become somewhat desperate, as what Bloodex mentioned above. I do hope to see an event of some sort! xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Very likely that the person who ran this wouldn't be the higher staff but instead, Nica. Just saying.

That said, I'm indifferent and don't care either which way but I'm sure people will find it enjoyable to participate in, so I don't have a problem with it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I knew this would happen. I knew Bloodex would make a suggestion for this.

Anyway, I fully approve of this idea completely. I like Nica's idea and I feel like we can easily pull it off. A romance competition with our assigned pair sounds like it could fun. Not really sure if I see how a competition would become desperate. As long as people realize it's a game and not meant to be taken serious. If we do the competition, I would like to see one of two more rounds. Any idea of what we can do?

IDK, whatever we do, if anything, I still want to see an event.

Either way I approve of this!

Years
If I am honest, I don't really see the point in this. It doesn't make sense how we should have an 'official' event about 'hooking people up', jokingly or not. You can all do that yourself's, without the need for an official event.

I would be against this. :/​

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
^ It's just a way for people to make new friends, I don't think anyone is looking for LUV (except Bloodex). I'm not overly interested in it but I can see why new people who want to interact a bit more with people (or just people who like making new friends here in general) would be, and I don't see any harm in it even if there isn't all that much good?

I realise I'm just a random poster and this is a mod decision but you know. The guy with the woman covered in clay in his sig surely talks a lot of sense, right?

Back