• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Gold Hacking tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I don't want to be a follower and name this thread "cooley's toolbox" So once I'm done making all the planned Gold tools, I'll rename it to that.

First off, This is ACTUALLY A TOOL BOX. Not a thread that has one tool, saying "more tools later" and it actually ends up being closed. I've been programming for about 2 months now, and I can say that I'm at Intermediate level . If you want a tool to be made, PM me. But Make sure you HAVE THE DATA!

Another thing, I released the source code on purpose! To help beginner and intermediate programmers. I wasn't lazy with my code either, I tested it out numerous times to make sure they function properly. If any Programmer or beginner has a question related to programming, please DO NOT POST HERE, or PM ME! Google is your friend!

Gold/Silver Tools

Pokemon Intro Overworld Sprite Editor
icon4.gif

screenshotch6.png

This is where people are mistaken. This CHANGES the sprite on the Name screen in the Oak intro(when you start the game).
It does NOT edit them. I don't really see the purpose for it, but since I had the data for it, why not? It was easily coded also.

Compatibility:
Pokemon Gold (US)
Pokemon Silver(US)
Maybe others, but it was not tested...

Download:
Download Here
Mirror(see attachments)

Pokemon Oak Intro Sprite and Cry Editor
icon4.gif

screenshothd1.png

Now, it might look like a simple tool, but I designed it that way. It is actually a powerful tool! It can even send me feedback! It would've been like "PET" and you can scroll images for the Pokemon picture, but what's the point? This tool, it changes the cry and picture of the Oak intro. I couldn't find anything to put as a banner for the Program, so I left it alone.

Compatibility:
Pokemon Gold (US)
Pokemon Silver(US)

Download:

Download Here
Mirror(see attachments)

Pokemon Gold/Silver Start Map Chooser

1zdu5jk.jpg

This is my greatest tool so far. I put a lot of effort into it, you can tell, just by looking at the source code. What this tool does is edits the Starting location where the hiro starts. As an added Bonus, I've embedded a Money part, where you edit the amount of money the HIRO starts with.

Compatibility:
Pokemon Gold (US)
Pokemon Silver(US)

Download:
Download Here
Mirror(See attachments)

Pokemon New Game Options Editor

2qw3e3n.jpg

This tool is pretty Simple. It edits the amount of options you start off with, at the New Game screen. It is SOOOOOOO UN USEFUL! To make up for this I've added games, and Allowed users to change the location of the Menu. I'd say the hardest part was adding games. And that, was easy! But I don't want to spoil anything, so I excluded the source, but feel free to Hex edit it, to figure it out!

Compatibility:
Pokemon Gold (US)
Pokemon Silver(US)

Download:
Download Here
Mirror(In attachments)

icon4.gif
= Needs to be updated

Upcoming tools:

Pokemon Gold/Silver Start Map Chooser(Done)
Pokemon Gold/Silver Titlescreen Music Changer(Canceled...)
Pokemon Gold/Silver New Game Options Editor(Done)
Pokemon Gold/Silver New Game Music editor(Next)
Pokemon Gold/Silver Script Editor/Decompiler(Finished the Design, I guess)
Pokemon Gold/Silver World map editor(No need)
Pokemon Gold/Silver "Extras" tool

Please, do not make any tools for any of these. They were originally my Idea.

Thanks for reading, I'm off to make more programs!

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Hey hey cooley, you've been bitten by the programming bug too! Good to see you're planning tools for Gold and Silver, just don't forget that some people may want to hack Crystal too, so I always try to add compatability for that too.

Most of the GS tools around are pretty out of date, run in DOS or are in German, so yours will be very welcome.

I hope to see great things from you, cooley! ;)

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
nice tools so far. keep it up!

but i do have to bring something up. in your post, you say not to make any tools for the functions of the tools you made. well, i already posted that i am making a "Misc." editor for GSC, and both of these things were actually going to be included in it. but i can give some credit to you in the tool if you would like.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
nice tools so far. keep it up!

but i do have to bring something up. in your post, you say not to make any tools for the functions of the tools you made. well, i already posted that i am making a "Misc." editor for GSC, and both of these things were actually going to be included in it. but i can give some credit to you in the tool if you would like.
It's okay, our "Misc" editors might have different feautures. So no credit is needed, or required.

Yes, I'm VERY happy! I really like the idea of the script editor! Thanks a TON!!!
Thanks! That is far from done though...Sorry to "destroy" your happiness, xD
Just kidding, I've started it, just not finished it. Yet.

Hey hey cooley, you've been bitten by the programming bug too! Good to see you're planning tools for Gold and Silver, just don't forget that some people may want to hack Crystal too, so I always try to add compatability for that too.

Most of the GS tools around are pretty out of date, run in DOS or are in German, so yours will be very welcome.

I hope to see great things from you, cooley! ;)
Thanks, Crystal too? Ok, I'll see if the data is the same for it.
Hey dude :)

Nice tools! hmmm..do you think you could try making a save file editor? if you think you can do that.. thanks! :)
Pokemon Save editor...hmm...You mean this save editor?
Nice tools cooley! ^^
Melash will be so happy!
Thanks, I see he is already happy

Aside from all that, I have good news. The Start map chooser is Done!
Look on the first post for details.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow, cooley. It seems like your going to take G/S/C hacking to a whole new level. I liked all of them, especially the Start Map Chooser one. I can't wait for the script editor/decompiler.

You're a genius 8D.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Just because I'm nosy, what sort of things will be in the Pokemon Gold/Silver "Extras" tool?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Nice one cooley, but.... doesn't Gold Tweak let you change your starting map, newgame pokemon sprite / cry and some other stuff?
Yeah, but Gold Tweak doesn't edit the amount of Money you start with, or limit the amount of places you can start at, it also was coded in Visual Basic 4, and has too many errors. Does Gold Tweak have a Script Editor coming?

But, I guess I can stop making tools now, because you say that his tool has it all, right?

Wow, cooley. It seems like your going to take G/S/C hacking to a whole new level. I liked all of them, especially the Start Map Chooser one. I can't wait for the script editor/decompiler.

You're a genius 8D.
Thanks, me too!

Just because I'm nosy, what sort of things will be in the Pokemon Gold/Silver "Extras" tool?
Well, you have the ability to do things unimaginable, which is why it's last. So that I can gain more knowledge over the course, xD

I can't tell you all, but I will tell you a few:
Enlarge ROM to 4 MB
Save Data location editor
Menu Positioner
Skip intro sequence

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, Double posting, isn't fun but....
I've added a new tool. Maybe it's because these are Gold Tools, that they're not getting much attention?

Anyways, you'll like this tool!
2qw3e3n.jpg

You can play games on it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey, that's a kool tool! ^^
I may try a little gold hacking soon.
Not sure...
GL with the other tools! ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Awesome, I've tried hacking gold in the past but the tools just annoyed me so I quit. These are great, I might try hacking again

EDIT: I can't get any of the tools to work, they don't run when I click them, not sure what to do

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Nice tools cooley!
And about poke eruption.....hoiws it going?
Thanks.
Let's try to stay on topic please. You can see, based on my signature(eruption's progress).

If I get enough posts, I guess I'll show a sneak peak of the script Editor. It'll be a close cousin of XSE, by the way.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Its not working for me can you post how to do it with very specific vague details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back