• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Woot! Finally finished White 2! So let's Go For Mobster mania!

Name: WurmpleAddiction
Game:White 2
Era: Mobster Mania

Pokes: Scrafty
Scolipede
Krookodile
Reuniclus
Haxorus
Crawdaunt

Last edited:

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
Years
Now, this question might be a bit out of place but, since I have brand new powerhouse-masterblaster PC I'd ask if it's okay: are people actually watching video forms of challenge updates here? I've seen quite a few times people simply recording their game and, well, honestly I'd work perfectly for me. It just bugs me whether it's worth whole effort. I just wanted to ask, if it's okay to ask yo.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Now, this question might be a bit out of place but, since I have brand new powerhouse-masterblaster PC I'd ask if it's okay: are people actually watching video forms of challenge updates here? I've seen quite a few times people simply recording their game and, well, honestly I'd work perfectly for me. It just bugs me whether it's worth whole effort. I just wanted to ask, if it's okay to ask yo.

When people leave a video link, I usually watch them, but that being said, not many people leave a video; the only one I know who does that is jdthebud. I might start recording my gameplay if people watch it.

Last edited:
Years
Oh wow, it's been ages since I've been on this challenge. I've had non-stop papers, test and projects since spring break so I haven't been able to do ANYTHING. I'll have to get into the groove of doing the challenge again but I'll update this post with my progress once I figure out what I've been doing.

Years
This looks awesome :) I'll try this challenge on my way to UK.

Username: Janp
Game: Fire Red
Era: Egyptian Era

EDIT:
So, I decided to make another challenge:

Username: Janp
Game: Ruby
Era: Renaissance

And here is update for Fire Red:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I restarted the game on Stone Age.

I now have Linoone, Swellow, Aron, Combusken and Gloom, with the last spot saved for a Relicanth.

I never realised how good Linoone and Swellow were. I have 2 badges, and am grinding for Wattson.

Edit: I beat Wattson, Flannery, Norman and am grinding for Flannery. My team is a good one, I think:

Linoone - Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Headbutt, Surf
Swellow - Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Facade, Quick Attack
Lairon - Iron Tail, Metal Claw, Mud Slap, Double-Edge
Combusken - Flamethrower, Peck, Double Kick, Ember
Gloom - Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Toxic
(Saved for Relicanth)

My only problem is I open with Linoone, Thunderbolt her Pelipper and Swellow, and then he faints on Skarmory. I send out Combusken which is too slow, and gets Aerial-Aced off the board. Lairon is too slow to be useful, and if I do get to KO it, Altaria is out, and Linoone (my main counter) is gone.

Advice?

Edit 2: I beat Winona. I caught a Vulpix on Mount Pyre, and returned to Fiery Path (name?) to collect the Fire Stone. I swapped Combusken for this Vulpix because Combusken kind of sucked.

As it stands, I have Gloom, Ninetales, Linoone, Swellow and Lairon.

Lairon's seeming to take forever to evolve. I knew it would, but even so.

Last edited:
Years
BluhbluhTAFEbluh

Trainer Hass, Stone-age trainer of decent repute
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L], Boulder, Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Soul(Marsh), Marsh(Soul), Volcano, Earth, [L]
Team:
ThylaLeos
Typhlosion, M, Lv85, Charcoal
Flame wheel, flamethrower, smokescreen, swift
-pkrs

Angel
Dunsparce, M, Lv85, Leftovers
Rage, screech, glare, pursuit
- <3, pkrs

WrathClaws
Ursaring, M, Lv85, King's rock
Slash, faint attack, lick, thrash
-pkrs

Sun
Graveller*, M, Lv85, Hard stone
Rock throw, defence curl, rollout, earthquake
-pkrs

BurningRed
Parasect, F, Lv85, Quick claw
Slash, spore, giga drain, leechlife
-pkrs

NeedeSile
Nidoking, M, LV85, Blackbelt
Strength, surf, double kick, focus energy
-pkrs

Facing Red now.

Overview of :
Angel tanks all the hits like a pro. Gravellers selfdestruct to escape him. It doesn't help, because he can take about five of those before I need to worry at all.
WrathClaws is indisputably the strongest in terms of raw power.
NeedeSile has a wide variety of attacks to take stuff out with. Also Double Kick. I love that attack.
BurningRed is cool. She has Spore, so even if her other moves aren't as great as they could be she can still tear them apart. Usually we just use Slash, though.
ThylaLeos hits pretty hard too, though mostly in Sp.Att instead of Attack.
Sun misses pretty often, and has some pretty shoddy HP (15 points lower than BR), but he's amazing anyway, boasting the second highest attack (although it's dwarfed by WC's whopping 301 attack by over sixty points.) He boasts the highest defence by just as much difference.

HP, Angel, 344 points; Attack, WC, 301; Defence, Sun, 271; SpA, TL, 255; SDef, TL, 214 (beating BR by three points); Sp, TL, 235

-~-~-
Okay, just to check something, I just fought Red (But I'll do it properly... or take it seriously, anyway) by sending out Sun, using Defence curl, and then using Rollout.
That was pretty funny.
(Pika: QA, Sun: DC; P: QA, S: RO KO, Espeon out, Espe: Psychic, S:RO OHKO, VSaur out, S:RO OHKO, Blastoise out, S:RO OHKO, Snorlax out, S:RO OHKO, Charizard out, RO finishes, CZ: Flamethrower, S:RO OHKO)
Now let's do this properly.

Angel took out Pikachu with a combined usage of Glare, Screech, Red REPEATEDLY USING FULL RESTORES, Rage, and RAGE
BR took Espeon with Crit Slash, and WC followed up taking out Venusaur with one too.
Rollout from Sun on Snorlax, followed by Strengths from NS to take out Blastoise.
Thyla got into a fire fight with Charizard and came out on top easy.
I Guess... We're Done?

Hmmm...
TEAMMMM
There, a picture of my team. Okay, NOW that one is done *ponders doing another*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I'm grinding for the E4, and I changed my Stone Age team a tad.

Linoone, Exploud, Aggron, Dodrio, Relicanth (useless pokemon) and Ninetales.

I can get to Glacia no problem, but when I do, the Pokemon I rely on is Aggron, because Iron Tail, but his typing does me no favours.

Alas.

I'm determined to win by this evening.

Years
So, there is a little update for my Egyptian era:

Spoiler:

Years
This looks awesome.

Username: Ryanthenoob
Game: Platinum
Era: Jurassic Jam

Question: If I can't find any fossils underground, and I don't want to waste time looking, could I trade in a Cranidos/Sheildon?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
Username: Meri
Game: Emerald
Era: Post Apoc

Picked up Torchic as my starter.
Tried to skip as much as possible so I could use that stuff later.
Beat the Gym and saved Peeko.
Caught a Nincada for nice HM-slaving
Caught an Aron (Aggron's Base Def is 180)
Backtracking to level it up a bit.
Easily kicked Brawley's ass.
On to Slateport.
Caught a Gulpin, who happened to have a big pearl.
First time ever I actually catch a pokémon that's holding anything other than a berry.
Defeated next Gym without any trouble at all.
Caught a Seviper with Bite :D
Defeated Team Magma, defeated Flannery, picked up Claw Fossil and Revived it :)

Next stop would be Dad's Gym. But I'll need to do some grinding first,
so off to the Trick House!!

Current Team:

- Anorith lvl 20 (Tough looking bug type)
- Seviper lvl 26 (Pokémon with Bite + Poison Type)
- Combusken lvl 31 (Fire Type)
- Swalot lvl 28 (Poison Type)
- Aron lvl 30 (Base Def <116)

EDIT:

Team I used to defeat my dad:

Anorith lvl 25
Seviper lvl 27
Swalot lvl 28
Aron lvl 31
Combusken lvl 31

Actually it was all just Aron o.O
Metal Claw raised my attack to the point where I could 2HKO his Pokémon
I did use a lot of potions in between though cause Slaking was tough...

Now I finally have Surf, but no one on my team can actually learn it.
Time to look for a new HM-slave...
Oh nevermind I already had a Marill in my box.
My team might get some reshaping in the future...

EDIT2:
Was wondering if Crunch also counts as Bite, since it's the same, just stronger. My Seviper now has both Crunch and Bite

Last edited:
Years
So, next update for Egypt. Era:
Spoiler:

Current team:
Spoiler:

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Okay, I know the rules say no hacking, but what about a hacked game like Sacred Gold? It's a 492 hack of Heart Gold, with altered Pokemon. It all balances out, and i can play it w/out modified Pokemon. It is also more difficult. Please respond, as this is the game that I would like to play for my challenge. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Actually read through the entire thing and found that you already answered my question. Sorry for redundancy!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
Well, yeah, you can use Crunch instead.

Yay!~ :D

I defeated Winona without much trouble.
Then onto the whole Team Aqua / Team Magma business...
I also caught a Shuppet which evolved into Banette pretty soon.
Now I'll need to get all my pokémon to lvl 40 and above before the next gym.
It's going to be terrible with my Poison and Fighting types...

Current Team:

Blaziken lvl 42
Aggron lvl 43
Seviper lvl 44
Banette lvl 45
Armaldo lvl 46

Still can't beat the Gym.
I knew it was going to be a pain in the ass, but this is pretty bad lol...
Next plan is to boost Banette to 48 and catch a Duskull...
Easily won with Banette lvl 48 (finally got Shadow Ball)

Decided to put Seviper away for now.
My team is:
Blaziken lvl 42
Aggron lvl 43
Armaldo lvl 47
Banette lvl 48

Years
Okay, I'm back here again, and having completed my Stone Age Crystal and gotten through the mass hysteria of how much had to be done in the last week I'm contemplating an Egypt Emerald.

Quick question, because I've been wondering: What is the stance on Pickup ability pokemon in relation to the items rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back