• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undeadscene

" We should kill them all... "
Years
Hi ! , i really love your game, i register in pokecommunity for your game xD! , im looking forward your game ! , blessings!
pd: starters are cool

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2014
I have realized that this hasn't had much attention recently just wondering are you anywhere near the end of the next demo I really want to progress from beyond the second badge. If possible could you have it up before the new year if not then i don't mind waiting.

Thanks Ishimaru

Atomic Reactor

Ha yeah, sorry guys. Haven't worked on the game much, just been busy with other things. The next demo isn't even close to ready, as I want to pack a lot more content into this next one. Gonna be a long time until that release, can't even give an estimate, sorry guys.

I do want to reassure you though, I haven't "given up" or "lost interest" in this project like my last few games. It's on my mind all the time, always thinking about what should come next and what not. So the game is still in progress, I promise! Just very slow. So please don't hate me!

Btw. No one has figured out what the machine is in the new screenshots in the pokecenters. Do I need to give a hint?

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2014
Yesh please give a hint and ok it is just because i started playing it again the other day so i decided to check this forum and i was just wondering you dont need to rush.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Is it a machine to bring long forgotten forumites back from the dead?

Years
looks like.. a time machine kinda. just reminds me of that time machine like thing in fire red and leaf green. Maybe its that n lets you get other pokemon. idk or maybe a trading center. or... a teleporter. idk xD

Atomic Reactor

PokeCody got it! I mean, he guess like 100 different things, but still!
It's a teleporter, Bills latest invention.
In FRLG, he was working on the prototype, when a clefairy jumped in with him, which combined their molecules in the other machine.
He's finally perfected it.

In order to restrict abuse of the new free machine, you must have visited the city you plan to teleport to.

It's basically replacing fly :)

Atomic Reactor

It's replacing fly all together, I want no HM's, cause I'm against slavery!

Here you go guys!
Scrants_zps6b46b534.png

Sorry for the lack of updates lately! Really I am! These depict desert scenes in the Gaia Tower. I have more to show, but it shall wait a bit!

Years
Great screenshots! I like how the tower seems to be in an oasis. Wonder what the Seeker's deal is.

That battle background seems familiar somehow. It's not custom, is it? Makes me think of Final Fantasy on GBA, or maybe the RTP...

The Pokemon name/level/HP text feels a bit cramped in the GUI. I think increasing the boxes' height by a pixel and nudging the HP numbers a few pixels to the right might help.

I'll give the demo a try when I get the chance. Keep up the awesmoe work :D

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
What's a good estimate into how far the demo goes to? I considering doing a nuzlocke and posting it on reddit of this game, but if it falls short I'll have to reconsider.

Atomic Reactor

I'll consider editing the HP box, Charity.

And the demo goes to the 5th city, only 2 badges, so you may wanna wait to do that challenge haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
Hey Atomic Reactor! The game looks great. I'm loving what I see already, even though not much is done. I was wondering if you are going to be posting updates and screenshots of your progress? Keep up the good work and good luck :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
I like the story and the graphics for the game, You've done a good job with the game.

xDust

Pokémon Master
Years
Really liked the starters, I'm waiting for the next step.
And I know this is somewhat a bad idea, but you should consider getting more fakemons, the starters were a nice refreshing look to the game. It's just my opinion though, keep up with the good work!

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
I really like the looks of this game, I'm really a fan of fakemon, how many are you gonna have? I'd prefer lots of them ^.^

Also, do this game work on the VBA-emulator?

EDIT: OMG, I LOVE IT, you have GOLDEN SUN MUSIC OVERWORLD(?) THEME!!!! I LOVE THIS HACK NOW

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I really like the looks of this game, I'm really a fan of fakemon, how many are you gonna have? I'd prefer lots of them ^.^

Also, do this game work on the VBA-emulator?

EDIT: OMG, I LOVE IT, you have GOLDEN SUN MUSIC OVERWORLD(?) THEME!!!! I LOVE THIS HACK NOW

No, it does not work on an Emulator, because it is not a ROM Hack. A lot of people really do need to learn how to read. "This is NOT the place to discuss ROM Hacks, or anything related to them!"

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
No, it does not work on an Emulator, because it is not a ROM Hack. A lot of people really do need to learn how to read. "This is NOT the place to discuss ROM Hacks, or anything related to them!"

Oh I see, thats the difference, thanks for reply :)

Edit: Im a bit sad over the fact that it keeps crashing but that probably is my bad computer

Last edited:

Can of Nothing

Loose Screw without Initiative
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013

Ohshi-
Looks like somebody done goofed

You see, for some reason in my brain, it went "Hey, as if I'm not busy enough as-is, why not make music for a Pokemon fangame? Yeah, that'd be the *insert cool-sounding word here*! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Tl;dr, welcome to an era of original music. *sigh*

I'd link you to the first track, but I can't. asfdohaig, rules are rules.

Atomic Reactor

What CoN is saying is, we will now have original music in the game, because he will be making it lol. Along with a few other surprises I have to announce in the near future!

Also, here is the first track he's concocted! The new theme music for Hazelseed Town. Don't worry to much about the similarity to Littleroot town haha, that was a coincidence.
https://soundcloud.com/canofnothing/perpetual-past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back