• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
@ gimmepie, I could certainly enjoy that.

@ Sephear, that sounds pretty cool! As long as you plan a plot and settings well.

Years
@Sephear - That sounds really interesting. I'm not sure how you'll work it but if you do it right it could be a huge hit.

@Everyone else - The Hoenn Diaries has now been submitted. Please check out the OOC once it has been accepted. :)

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I have ideas it just feels like it would be a big undertaking everything would need to be planned out well enough that I doubt I could handle it by myself. And regardless of how well I handled it it would need a lot of luck to survive because it would need a pretty large group of fairly active people =/

One thing that would help but probably play on my conscience is it's a world where characters do die. I would have to be fairly strict and allow characters who became too inactive to be killed off by other characters, and until the main arc was nearly finished (But how often does that happen?) it would remain open to new people and people who's characters had died one way or another.

Something about the whole concept that interests me is the fact that there would be combat characters and non-combat characters in a more literal division than you usually see.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
2nd GM Needed For Pokemon Roleplay

I PMed the mod of the roleplaying section (Skymin) asking where the appropriate place for a thread like this would be, and they said here, so here goes:

I've always been a fan of roleplaying - I've been doing it since I was 12 years old (and hopefully, I've gotten much better over the years). I've even had a few RPs I made myself. One, I've done several times, because I like how many options comes with it.

To be a tad more specific, it's a Pokemon roleplay, where several trainers get stranded on a deserted island after an accident regarding a cruise ship. The island itself is somewhat like a forest, which beaches along the coastline. It is also populated by many wild Pokemon. That's somewhat of a short description, but I feel it covers enough to give everyone a gist of what's going on.

I'd like to start this RP again now that I have a new account here, but alas, I'm busy sometimes. College can unexpectedly take up a lot of my time, so I'd like a 2nd GM (or basically, the "leader" of an RP) to help me. I'd imagine that including myself and this hypothetical GM, this RP would have about 6 or 7 people. I would ask someone I knew from PC to help me, but it's been so long that I'm here that most of the people I knew are gone.

Here's some things I'd expect out of said GM:

1. Decent roleplay/writing skills. While I don't necessarily mean you have to be good enough to be a published author, I'd prefer someone who was decent at RP and I'd strongly prefer someone who has RPed before, and knows how things work.

2. Fairly active. As I said, the reason I need a GM is because I'm busy sometimes. That doesn't mean I'll never log on, but I do need someone who can cover the bases for when I may be unable to.

3. (optional but preferred) The ability to make a very rough map of the island. By "rough map", I mean a very rough map. I just would like enough so that the RPers have a good idea of what they're working with, and that we all have the same visual in mind while RPing. To give an example, the map used in the roleplay "The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T)" http://i.imgur.com/7CvyM.png (obviously, credit goes to the original maker of this map). It's not super detailed, but it gives you a good idea of what their island looks like. As I said, this is optional. I can live without it; I'd just strongly prefer it.

In the actual roleplay, the GM would:

1. Check out signups. I would ultimately be the one approving/disapproving of the signups, but if they thought I rejected a good signup or said yes to a signup that needs more work, they would be the one that would let me know. In that case, I'd consider their point.

2. Keep time flowing properly within the roleplay. This is needed so one person doesn't make a post that happened late in the evening, and then the next person made a post that happened early afternoon. It's for the sake of continuity.

3. Keep a check on everything. This is just basically making sure everything is running smoothly within the RP. Everyone is commenting fairly frequently, following the rules, etc.

4. In general, have powers to make major changes what's happening within the roleplay. As long as it makes sense, obviously.

5. Talk with me one on one about a few things. This includes writing the initial roleplay post, and basically to discuss what's going on.

I'm not sure if this will generate a lot of interest. I guess I'll see. However, comment if you're interested. Depending on how many people comment, I will take it from there, and figure out a way to pick which person I want as my GM. Either way, be prepared for some private messages from me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi Sylveon! :D Welcome to the roleplay section, hopefully the deathly silence hasn't disappointed you.

The best way to get a co-GM is to hang around the RPC, maybe join one or two roleplays you like the look of and get to know everyone around here. It's much easier to work with a friend than it is to ~hire~ a volunteer in to help you.

I hope you stick around here :3 your idea sure sounds interesting (S.S. Anne?!).

Years
Alright guys, the RP I've been harping on about (The Hoenn Diaries) has been accepted and is now awaiting people to join. Please check it out :)

Edit: Spots are filling up pretty quick too, so if you're interested I advocate reserving a spot quickly.

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
Well there we go, Wings of Fate is up. I can't imagine we'll fill up very fast, but we've got some good plans and when we get people things SHALL get interesting! :P

*Edit* Just a warning, we won't be too tough but if anybody does want to join try your best to type well or you might get caught in a Grammar Reich by PJ :P
As evil and murderous as it sounds it's quite helpful in post quality.

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
World Building my RP isn't really going my way. I've been stuck in a slump for quite some time now, but I've plotted story points here and there.

It's just the World itself isn't coming together. Let's not go over my pathetic attempt on making a map. :pink_cry:

I've found a way around it, but I personally think it is a lazy way to go about. It involves placing the characters into a specific world. Ever heard of Chrono Trigger's Time Warps? Kinda like that, but the players are only connected to selected areas they "Unlock" throughout their journey, instead of moving through time or traveling through the world.

It is still a crossover of multiple Anime/Gaming/Book series, and the players all use (relatively) weak OCs. One of the premise of the game is to resolve a problem that arises in the area, and there are some that are even related to the Canon series. A few examples(though I might not use for the RP itself) are Harry Potter dying when attacked by Voldemort, Lelouche(Code Geass) not receiving his Geass, and Ash Ketchum becoming a Frontier Brain in Kanto.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
@ Rune Alchemist - don't force it, then :3 Plan key plotpoints and areas and let the rest build up as you go. As long as you make sure you won't stand confused and unsure about where to go next when the RP is ongoing. Unlocking sounds like it could work, not completely sure how you mean but.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
So here is the map I mentioned earlier that I tried to sketch up using a mouse. Anyone have some critique?

Spoiler:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hey guys. Just saying my posting will be a bit sporadic until Friday. We're getting our internet hardwired, and they'll be doing that...On Friday. So yeah. I'll be checking after school on my iPod while at the library and such, and I might be able to make a post or two while utilizing a friend's hotspot, but I will probably not be making an IC post until then.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Zelda fans and RP-expectant players:

I know it was some time ago that I talked about making the Zelda RP, and don't worry, I still plan to; I just thought I'd tell you all that I am going to be researching this even further. Because, as it turns out, there is still quite a lot of written plot in the section of timeline I'm basing it on. I want to research as much of it as I can to make the most accurate and canonical RP possible (obviously it won't be very accurate, what with made-up characters driving the plot, but at least the setting should be in place).

This is taking place after Ocarina of Time, following the "Hero has Fallen" timeline, and precedes the events of A Link to the Past. It will probably have some involvement with the Sealing/Imprisoning War, but I'm not sure exactly how just yet.

Any feedback, interest, questions or comments? Go ahead and I'll get to them when I can (I have my own hardly working laptop and I'm focusing on College full time without a job to hassle me, so I'll have at least some activity aside from my posting.)

Sephear

Years
Hello various Roleplayers! I wish I had something more productive to say but I don't, so it's time for some shameless self advertising!

Sekirei: Wings of Fate is still short on people and looking for more, if you're not interested please tell anybody you know who might be anyways. Thanks for taking the time to read this and may Cheese grace your life consistently.

Oh and Dusk, I can't wait to see your Zelda RP, expect to see an SU from me not too long after it's up. ^_^

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Possibly, but after some research that may not be entirely possible. I'm considering a lot of possibilities with many mechanics of this idea, so finding a good way to go about it will be difficult. I'm researching it in my free time, so hopefully I'll have an idea of how to do this soon.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Alright, I've got this thing figured out. That said, the RP has a new title:

M1XbBnu.png

It will be based on a huge and yet not often delved into era of Zelda: The Imprisoning War.

This is a huge and very important event in the Zelda Timeline. With Link gone for seven years during Ocarina of Time (because of his time travel), Ganon finds his way into the Sacred Realm and corrupts it, turning it into a reflection of his greed and evil, known now as the Dark World. He is granted his wish upon the Golden Power of the Goddesses to become ruler of the world, and transforms into the Demon King, Ganon. Seven years later, he defeats Link in their final battle, taking both his and the Princess' Triforce powers for himself. With all of the Triforce in his possession, he becomes an all-powerful being. However, no longer content with his ruling over the corrupted Sacred Realm, He sets out his plans to take over the Light World as well as the Dark World. He whispers to the men of Hyrule, tempting them to come into the Sacred Realm to have their own greedy wishes granted. These men succumb to their greed and become monsters upon entry to of the Dark World. Ganon builds an army of these men, and releases them into the Light World, causing chaos and destruction all over the land. The King calls forth the Seven Maidens (This time's Zelda included, all of the Maidens are young, female descendants of the Sages from Ocarina of Time) and the Knights of Hyrule. Their plans are to seal Ganon within his corrupted World once and for all. However, this is a long and dangerous process.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'll be posting in everything tomorrow night. I've got several essays to finish tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back