• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I think the Y would be silent, it may just be pronounced as " Well-Tal"

Also, I wonder if it's Zer-Ne-aah or Zer-Ne-As

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
14:31 Twiggy Phonetic spelling:
14:31 Twiggy Xerneas: ZURR-nee-us
14:31 Twiggy Yveltal: ee-VELL-tall

Not sure where that originated, but if it's true then I'm liking this! I'm instantly in love with Xerneas ahhh <333

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I don't really like them maybe because I'm not pronouncing them right. Sounds extremely weird. I didn't like Reshiram and Zekrom either at first.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really like them both but I prefer Xerneas but I prefer Yveltal as a Pokemon in design ;__; So unfair AREN'T YOU LIFE??

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
As someone mentioned before, it'll be interesting to see what happens with the anime. The time difference will be all muddled up with the worldwide release.
That was me. I was wondering whether they will increase airings to catch up and then air the anime simultaneously in both areas with the worldwide release.

I still can't believe that people thought that was real. It was so Farfetch'd. :3
I see what you did there.

Cyclone

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Definitely going for X. Xerenas is probably the coolest looking Pokémon (and sounding) Pokémon ever.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want X only because I like the letter X. :( But idk, I might have to go for Y if I get too attached to Yveltal.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I like both of the Legendary Pokémon, because they both resemble animals, but they're quite amazing though.

I agree. It's one of the thing i'm really liking about these. They're different from legendaries of past three gens.They don't look like masters of Space/Time or someone who created a whole region. They just look like really Rare creatures.

blue

gucci
Years
I think I prefer these two compared to previous generation mascots, maybe not the names as such but the designs compared to Zekrom & Reshiram are much better IMO.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I don't think everyone should jump to conclusions about the names. Sure they look weird for now but we're hardly going to look at any name and think 'omg that's definitely a Pokémon-like name'. After all, it must be a Pokémon-like name if GameFreak decide it is. :P

Guy

just a guy
Years
Xerneas is so much easier to remember.

...and say.

...and spell [for me anyway].

Yveltal, I didn't know how to pronounce that at all until I saw the pronunciation on Serebii. They're just names though, and eventually we get used to them. Except in the case of Gen V, where I still don't remember half the Pokémon from that region.

These have definitely been my favorite pair of mascots for quite a long time now. Probably since Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. I'm just glad we seem to finally be moving on from the Dragon-era of Pokémon mascots. It's about time if you ask me.

blue

gucci
Years
That's true, I can type Xerneas without having to look it up whereas with the other one.. I can't even remember how to spell/pronounce it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's true, I can type Xerneas without having to look it up whereas with the other one.. I can't even remember how to spell/pronounce it.

I'm having issues remembering them right now lmao. It'll take time but I'll eventually get used to them. Even if I like the names it'll still be hard for me to remember :x

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I can't spell either one of them right now, so it'll just be X and Y for a while until my brain catches up to my excitement.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Xerneas and Yveltas...I think thats how they're spelled, right? Keep in mind that I'm not scrolling up or anything like that, I like memorizing names and stuff. u_u

Can't wait to see what the rest of the Pokemon are named...

Yveltal* :P

I'm actually kind of the opposite... I can't remember X's name and, however, Yveltal is easy for me to remember :X

I can't spell either one of them right now, so it'll just be X and Y for a while until my brain catches up to my excitement.

Definitely, the best choice xD

Years
These are nice names they came up with. Still not entirely sure what they're supposed to mean though.

And something kind of unrelated, but I wonder if the X and Y Unown will have any special significance in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back