• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many episodes have you seen and what are your impressions about them?

kokotko

雷君
Years
(Intro for grammar junkies: I used an incorrect preposition, impressions OF them, that's correct)
Are you an anime lover and watched them from the very beginning, or don't mind having some gaps? What are your impressions from the progression as the anime wound up?
How do you feel about the occasional restarts of the journey between generations? Let us know!

I watched Pokemon since they aired the first episodes. Although it was long ago(I watched episodes dubbed to Slovak language) I know I did because when I decided to start downloading and watching the episodes when I was 12, I figured I've seen that first episode before! Since then I wouldn't miss out a single episode and no banned or unaired episodes would stop me. I'm currently watching Advanced Battle and although I thought I wouldn't like the advanced generations, but I was quite satisfied with them :)
I don't like the way things continuously repeat, like Brock having his ear pulled by Misty, then Max, Team Rocket appearing in every episode...but my love for Pokemon overcomes such flaws.
Gotta watch 'em all...What do you think?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
I watched every single episode from episode 1 to the newest episode back in summer 2008, and I loved it. Sure 90% of every season's episodes are fillers and hardly have anything to do with the storyline, but still the fact Pokémon is awesome kept me watching them :)

When it comes to restarts, they are always good, it always means that something new is about to emerge - especially the pre-best wishes restart. D/P series was really tiresome towards the end, but that's just my opinion. Only episodes I haven't seen are the last D/P episodes :S

kokotko

雷君
Years
Sure 90% of every season's episodes are fillers and hardly have anything to do with the storyline,...
Oh yes, the fillers have their magic, at least most of them do. They present us a new Pokemon in a way we couldn't imagine when playing a game. That's how you come at understanding their nature and behaviour and that counts much more then just battling with it!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I love watching the anime, it always entertains me, English language (main one in the USA) I have seen every episode up to the newest one from Unova. I have also seen the banned and unaired episodes in Japanese with English subtitles. So far I'm happy watching the anime.

I also seen the first 3 seasons in the original Japanese (with no subtitles or dubbing), and in my native language [Spanish] I have seen the first 4 seasons and a few episodes from 7-14th season, and four movies too.

I also remember long ago I had found various websites that had Pokemon episodes in other languages (Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Arabic, Korean, Chinese, French, German) but sadly they all have been taken offline.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Not sure about the number, but a bunch of the kanto and johto ones (thanks to a local TV network), plus the start of DP.
Among them I prefer the gym battles more, because I kind of got tired of Team Rocket.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
Not sure about the number, but a bunch of the kanto and johto ones (thanks to a local TV network), plus the start of DP.
Among them I prefer the gym battles more, because I kind of got tired of Team Rocket.
Yeah, team rocket grew extremely tiresome, I don't think anyone denies that. It's one of the reasons I prefer the season which is currently going on (BW), to the older ones. Team Rocket keeps their nose out of the episodes, except for the minor appearances in some of the episodes and the 2-episode Team Rocket-episodes. Gotta admit though, I have started to miss the way they used to be, now they are all serious :l

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have seen pretty much every single episode. Other than some of the Hoenn episodes when they were in Slateport City.......or what ever city is after the 2nd gym. I forget. I always seem to miss those episodes. I wish for once that Ash would grow up a little.

The episodes I like the most are: When trainers catch pokemon,gym battles,tournaments,episodes with Legendaries,episodes with champions or Elite 4 members in them and any episode with Team Rocket (Not Jessie,James,and Meowth.) Team Aqua,Team Magma,Team Galatic,and Team Plasma (If Plasmas ever get in the anime.)

kokotko

雷君
Years
Really, Ash should finally grow up(it's about time anyway), at least his logical thinking should improve. However, what do you think about his relationship with Pikachu? I'd say he is an example for us all when it comes to his Pikachu...
Altomare,
I'm an Ampharos, too! Cool Pokemon anyway :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2022
I watched all of the original episodes of the anime, but after the second generation pokemon started I fell behind and eventually stopped watching. I always watched the movies when I could though.

The pokemon anime is nice in it's own way, but I can't see myself watching the current episodes at all.

kokotko

雷君
Years
I watched all of the original episodes of the anime, but after the second generation pokemon started I fell behind and eventually stopped watching. I always watched the movies when I could though.

The pokemon anime is nice in it's own way, but I can't see myself watching the current episodes at all.

That's great, I'd like to encourage you to finish at least the original series( up to master quest serie). BTW, have you watched Pokemon movie 6, Jirachi the Wish Maker? I find it very interesting+the ending song is more than worth listening!

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2022
That's great, I'd like to encourage you to finish at least the original series( up to master quest serie). BTW, have you watched Pokemon movie 6, Jirachi the Wish Maker? I find it very interesting+the ending song is more than worth listening!

Yeah I saw Wish Maker, and that was a great movie. One of those movies that I'd rematch, that along with the deoxys movie were really good IMO. Some of the newer ones I can't really get into, but ones before 4th gen I loved.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
I actually stopped around when the Orange League episodes started. So I've only seen like the first 100 eps. or so. I do have them all recorded on my PC (yes I recorded them not downloaded them). So if I ever get the chance I can go back and start watching them all again.

I don't like the way things continuously repeat, like Brock having his ear pulled by Misty, then Max, Team Rocket appearing in every episode...but my love for Pokemon overcomes such flaws.
Gotta watch 'em all...What do you think?
THIS! I get that since they (team rocket) are technically main characters they are in every episode, but some of the episodes would be so much better if they just left them out.

Last edited:

mjolnirIV

Graphic Designer
Years
I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of the kanto series, and most of the orange league and johto series, but after that I have probably only seen a few episodes of the later seasons.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have seen every episode of the anime up to at least the first ten of "Diamond and Pearl" and then I stopped watching. I just thought that the new dub VAs were really awful. Recently, I decided to give it a second chance and now I've seen almost every episode of "Rival Destinies" with only a forgot to watch cause I got busy. Eventually I'll watch all the episodes I've missed from Rival Destinies and watch the rest of the Diamond and Pearl series and BW.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
I watched all of the Kanto, Orange Islands and then half of Johto. My interest started to go as I grew up. I got back into it about 3 maybe 4 years a go, caught up on all of the episodes I missed up to Battle Frontier, saw the DP episodes and thought. No way. Not bothered with the anime since.

Still play the games though.

Years
Impatiently waiting every week for a new episode ever since I returned to watching the show, during the beginning of the Sinnoh journeys!
I think the anime fits the concept of the presenting unique world of Pokemon, and that it actually does need many repetitions as many see them, and so on. I believe they're trying to continue the story inside the bounding guidelines on which they have decided.
As i'm re-watching Advanced Challenge in Spanish nowadays (in order to improve it), I also see just how much Ash is more grown up in behaviour and thinking. Not to compare it Kanto of course where he was far more childish..
Gotta watch them all! Even the shortest of shorts in Japanese where you can't make out a word!

kokotko

雷君
Years
Gotta watch them all! Even the shortest of shorts in Japanese where you can't make out a word!

Then it's probably time to start learning 日本語! It's a great language and it's so different from European languages that it's sure to appeal to many people. It's more fun to watch the Japanese shorts, too!
BTW, yes, it's worth seeing them gapless, you realize that once you fill the gaps...and it's great that you improve your language skills on anime, it's really awesome :)

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
I was trying to re-watch the Kanto leagues a while back. Though I found some humor and a pretty nice way to present the concept of Pokemon. But then I was thinking to myself "why did I enjoy watching this as a kid," it really didn't seem all that special and as you mentioned, repeating things over and over again were what killed it for me, particularity Rocket coming almost every episode is what gets rid of my interest.

I try different seasons but I still just can't seem to get my interest into it, but then I tried the latest seasons, Best Wishes, I have to be honest, I was rather impressed. They just got rid of everything that was getting on my nerves about Pokemon and I have no idea how they turned Rocket into such bad***es. And Cilain is just hilarious, by far one of my favorite Pokemon characters. xD So I pretty much watched everything in Best Wishes that was subbed at this point and I'm actually enjoying it.

kokotko

雷君
Years
So true. I have only seen a few of the BW episodes, but...it's something completely different. I mean that both these and the originals have something captivating in them. It's just that not all fits for everyone :) They really made BW different and although I don't like many Pokemon from the 5th gen, the anime deserves to be watched.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
I might say nearly every episode out their. i enjoyed seeing TR get their butt kicked by Ash and the gang.

As a child everyday all I wanted to do was to go home from school and see Pokemon on KidsWB.

*I might have missed like a total of 30 from Hoenn and Sinnoh in all (thank God the library has the DVDs for most episodes so I can watch)

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

I might say nearly every episode out their. i enjoyed seeing TR get sent flying in thin air.

As a child everyday all I wanted to do was to go home from school and see Pokemon on KidsWB.

*I might have missed like a total of 30 from Hoenn and Sinnoh in all (thank God the library has the DVDs for most episodes so I can watch)

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Last edited:
Back