• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotional or emotionless?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm gonna say emotional. I'm generally happy most of the time so I don't mind my happiness being amplified. And I can't see myself not being happy. Sure I can be angry at times, but my anger normally doesn't last long so I'm thinking my happiness would out weigh that anger.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
I would have emotions because that is what defines us from being humans than machines.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Second choice, for sure. I can't imagine just being...empty? I'd rather have every emotion be super strong. It'd be so sad not to get any joy out of doing the things I love.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
I'm actually a very creative person, or try to be at least, and while emotions can be a bit tasking sometimes, I need them. Emotions are the fuel to a huge amount of the creative process, whether it's writing a depressing death scene, or composing a lovely little funky beat.
And since eighty-five percent of what I want to do in this world before I leave it is, in some way or another, art. . . I'd prefer to keep my emotions.
Besides, I'm extremely well practiced in controling myself.

As a side thought though, if you were completely emotionless you wouldn't be able to love, yes, but so too would any comradery be impossible. In other words, you wouldn't even be able to have friends that you cared for, or worried about. You wouldn't be alone per say, but you would never again feel that warmth of knowing that somebody else is there with you, beside you all the way.

Emotions can be a pain, I completely agree with that.
But I think if you were living without ever feeling life, then, you really wouldn't be.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think I'll pick the 2nd option (stronger emotions), because it clearly fits my personality already. If I'm emotionless, that would be a big dilemma because I can't become the happiest person, ever.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I'd rather have stronger emotions.

Who would willingly lose their feelings of love, happiness and joy? No more of those moments when you just want to smile all day long. No feelings of attachment to that girl with you. It just seems a bit bland, to be emotionless.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
anyone who says they'd rather not have emotions...lol

no one wants depression, silly

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
After thinking about this for a while, I decided that I would prefer not to have emotions. I'd rather be numb than to deal with that. I've spent years learning to master my emotions- and hide what I can't control. Why not accept an opportunity to perfect it?
Besides, being emotionless would make life in general easier. Less fulfilling, yes, but you wouldn't have to deal with so many things that you normally do!

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'd much rather cry a river (literally) and still be able to laugh then not be able to do either. Living life without emotion seems pretty damn pointless. You're a robot.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I try to keep my emotions in, so I say that I'm emotionless, but I express certain emotions if they're strong enough.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
I desire to discover and experience different emotional events and such, so I will go with 2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
If you would have asked me this a few years ago, I would have chosen emotionless, but I've found pretty recently that my life has taken a dramatic turn for the better, so now its a bit more difficult to choose. I have more good moments than bad, so that's something that's making me want to choose emotional. But I also dread bad moments, and when bad things happen to me, they're pretty hard to cope with since they aren't just simple things that I find most people experience. I think I've been through a lot of hardships for my age - more than most - and because of that, I'm hesitant to choose emotional since dealing with those with pretty normal emotions has been hard enough as it is. I think I'll go with emotional. My outlook on life has improved dramatically, and I want to experience the happy moments that are to come to the fullest extent.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'd like to say I'd go for the neutral, but not being happy ever again sounds so... sad. You wouldn't get any enjoyment out of life so what would the point even be? Even if extremes meant that lows were really, really tough... at least the highs would be enough to stick around for. I know I'd just become listless and give up if nothing in life could bring me actual joy of any kind. So I'd rather have the stronger feelings.

thefallendetective

-johnlocked-
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
People may find it strange but I'd go with emotional. I mean, what is life without both joy and pain?
Our lives revolve around our feelings which make everything better, livelier. Being emotional and
optimistic can bring joy to everyone! A bright smile on the face is contagious and soon everyone
would be beaming. Let's work hard to bring happiness to the people around us instead of sitting
around without any feeling! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2016
I'd go with thefallendetective. I would choose to be more emotional. Life would be so boring without any emotions! :(

Sirfetch’d

I want my emotions. They are a part of who I am! I am already pretty emotional so a little more wont hurt. Someone who is emotionless is more or less like a robot and I don't want to be like that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I am already an overemotional wreck so I don't see how it could get worse :D I'd choose the second option, thusly.

jcl

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
I've experienced both sides of the spectrum. I think I was more happy being "content" which was pretty similar to having no emotions, just calm, relaxed and stress-free. Sometimes things got a little boring, but sooner or later I realized that I was pretty grateful for being just content.

Back