• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'd like to ask if there is any way possible to advance in the game if the buildings in Crimsonburg City are currently inaccessible (causing the whole game to freeze). I really want to play the game, but there seems to be no way to continue. I'll wait for Beta 1.4 to come out if there's really no other way out.
Hm, how did this happen? Could you elaborate?

For Beta 1.4, can you add the Physical/Special split symbols in-game?
I've just inserted Darthatron's awesome hack for it, so it will indeed be in 1.4.

Last edited:
Years
Hm, how did this happen? Could you elaborate?

Whenever I enter any building in Crimsonburg City apart from the Hideout, the game just froze and showed a black screen. This includes the Pokemon Gym, and I'm sure I need to get the 1st gym badge to continue the game. But I don't know if this is just a bad patch, because I repatched the game a few times, but the bug is still there.

EDIT: After trying out with different Fire Red rom bases, I realised that this game-breaking bug is a result of a bad patch. So, everything is fine now!

I continued playing the game and found some really minor errors. You may have already fixed them by now, but I'll just post them here anyway.

Spriting errors:
1) Esperug does not have a back sprite
2) When running with Team Aura's suit, the sprites appear very odd

Scripting errors:
1) Crimsonburg City Pokemon Center Basement floor (girl with blue hair --> Best not disturb her)
2) In the Team Aura hideout: the word "misson" is spelled wrongly
ewkl1zrnx

3) When you receive the Psyduck in Under Forest, it says that "[your name] received an Psyduck" (didn't manage to take a screenshot)

Tile errors:
1) Hidden grotto (tiles seem to be floating on top of the player)
715g9fsnh
6tmeqo72l

2) You can walk through the Crimsonburg gym statue
w8gc9ovrh

3) I can't walk on the tile in front of me
el34p8b7x

Other errors:
1) When you're in the Aura Hideout and Hidden Grotto, you will appear out of the map.
2) After the event when you have a meeting in the hideout, you will not be in the center of the screen
h4yrjbyrx

3) No data for Team Aura Hideout in the map

I have some questions:
1) After you get one of the two fossils, will you get the other one in the future?
2) Will Hidden Grottoes regenerate over time?
3) After seeing the screenshot of the updated map, I realised there is a very big change. I mean, for example, by the looks of the map, it appears that your hometown is no longer connected to Lilac City. Will I have to restart the whole game because of this?

Last edited:
Years
1) Esperug does not have a back sprite
Well, Fakemon have been removed for 1.4.

2) When running with Team Aura's suit, the sprites appear very odd
Yup yup yup, still haven't gotten around to fixing that thing.

1) Crimsonburg City Pokemon Center Basement floor (girl with blue hair --> Best not disturb her)
Also removed.
2) In the Team Aura hideout: the word "misson" is spelled wrongly
ewkl1zrnx

3) When you receive the Psyduck in Under Forest, it says that "[your name] received an Psyduck" (didn't manage to take a screenshot)
Nice catches! Fixed.

Tile errors:
1) Hidden grotto (tiles seem to be floating on top of the player)
715g9fsnh
6tmeqo72l

2) You can walk through the Crimsonburg gym statue
w8gc9ovrh

3) I can't walk on the tile in front of me
el34p8b7x
All fixed already for 1.4.

1) When you're in the Aura Hideout and Hidden Grotto, you will appear out of the map.
3) No data for Team Aura Hideout in the map
Fixed already.

2) After the event when you have a meeting in the hideout, you will not be in the center of the screen
h4yrjbyrx
Oh, nice catch!

1) After you get one of the two fossils, will you get the other one in the future?
Maybe.
2) Will Hidden Grottoes regenerate over time?
In 1.3, no.
3) After seeing the screenshot of the updated map, I realised there is a very big change. I mean, for example, by the looks of the map, it appears that your hometown is no longer connected to Lilac City. Will I have to restart the whole game because of this?
Unfortunately, yes, which I why I've been kind of hesitant to tell people to play 1.3. I did a lot of reshuffling and so on in 1.4, and so it probably won't be safe (not to mention things like flag inconsistencies.

Last edited:
Years

POKéMON COBALT BETA 1.4 RELEASE

Bugs and Oddities

• Saving does not work. You must use Save States.
  • Refrain from using Autofire A or any speed up options when taking part in the Berryfall Bridge Juicing Contest.
  • The textbox that says "the caught Pokémon was sent to the Box" does notdisplay.
  • Juices have no sprites yet.
  • Running when dressed in the Team Aura uniform will glitch the sprite.
  • Moves without their new animations simply use Pound's animation.
  • Camouflage is just bugged - it doesn't do what it's supposed to, it hurts the user, and sometimes misses!
  • The Move Relearner's interface shows a Fairy-type icon.
  • Some Pokémon still do not have updated sprites - a list can be found below.
  • Certain moves may display the incorrect icon (Physical, Special or Status), though this does not necessarily reflect what they are truly categorised as.
Bugs highlighted in red can potentially be break or freeze your game. Remember to regularly make save states!

Things to note

• Moves have had their PP, Base Power and accuracy updated. A list of all the changes can be found in the README.
  • Some Pokémon have been buffed to be more useful. A list of all the changes can be found in the README.
  • Moves from Generation 4, Generation 5 and Generation 6 have been added in. A list of all the moves added in can be found in the README.
  • Certain evolutions have been edited. A list of the edits can be found in the README.
  • HM05 is now Rock Climb. TM01 is Hone Claws, TM23 is Earth Power.
  • Pokémon whose typing was edited to include the Fairy-type in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y now have the same typing in Cobalt.
    [*]This beta ends at Corona Walk.
    [*]Please make sure you have patched the FireRed ROM named "1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)" (google it) before reporting a bug.

CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD POKéMON COBALT BETA 1.4
Released February 18th 2014

Last edited:
Years

Bugs and Oddities

• Refrain from using Autofire A or any speed up options when taking part in the Berryfall Bridge Juicing Contest.
  • The textbox that says "the caught Pokémon was sent to the Box" does notdisplay.
  • Camouflage is just bugged - it doesn't do what it's supposed to, it hurts the user, and sometimes misses!
  • Certain moves may display the incorrect icon (Physical, Special or Status), though this does not necessarily reflect what they are truly categorised as.
Bugs highlighted in red can potentially be break or freeze your game. Remember to regularly make save states!

Things to note

• Moves have had their PP, Base Power and accuracy updated. A list of all the changes can be found in the README.
  • Some Pokémon have been buffed to be more useful. A list of all the changes can be found in the README.
  • Moves from Generation 4, Generation 5 and Generation 6 have been added in. A list of all the moves added in can be found in the README.
  • Certain evolutions have been edited. A list of the edits can be found in the README.
  • Pokémon whose typing was edited to include the Fairy-type in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y now have the same typing in Cobalt.
    [*]Please make sure you have patched the FireRed ROM named "1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)" (google it) before reporting a bug.

Since the Bank System is overhauled in Beta 1.5, is it better if we don't use it at all in 1.4?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years

Bugs and Oddities

Things to note

I believe the Camouflage bug can be changed by making the move effect match the number in the table of the original last pointer.

Years
Since the Bank System is overhauled in Beta 1.5, is it better if we don't use it at all in 1.4?
You can still use the bank, and I wouldn't worry too much about incompatibility with 1.5 because there are likely going to be other things that will mean you won't be able to re-use your save from 1.4 (sorry!)

I believe the Camouflage bug can be changed by making the move effect match the number in the table of the original last pointer.
Hm, that doesn't seem to fix it, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: If you redownload, the World Map will be fixed (there was previously a few tiles at the bottom right that were invisible (thanks to Gold1310 for identifying this).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Great Game, doing a nuzlocke my zigzagoon didn't learn any moves until lv.9 headbutt,
my tailow almost died to a play rough. But I still love it, will there be a way to update from version 4 to 5 with my saves? LOVE fairy type, love the physical special split, thank if you reply

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
I have a Solution for Saving Problem, Well if you wanna save then follow my steps,

1. Open the Game
2. Wait until it says "Press Start to play"
3. after you saw Press Start, Press UP button + Select button + B button, don't just touch them hold them until it says "Do you want to clear all save-states via in-game?"
4. Now Choose Yes and Wait until it resets itself, and you're done now save anytime you want via in-game.

---------------------------------------------
if it doesn't work then Re-Read what I said or Ask me via either PM VM or your Question Here. don't forgot the button combination is like

Hold, UP+Select+B

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Hey, would you (or anyone) mind giving me a rough estimate of how long the current beta is (hours/gyms)? I looked at the map and it seems like Corona Walk is pretty far into it, but I was hoping to let's play it blind (a.k.a. nuzlocke it and be miserable), but I figured I would wait if it wasn't too far along (though it seems like you've already put a lot of work into it!). I figured I don't want to check myself (since then it wouldn't be blind), but I do realize how useless this post is in general, and don't blame you if you don't wanna tell me :P Either way, it's looking really great and I'm surprised it took me so long to hear of it!

Last edited:

TXV

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2014
just started playing this. absolutely amazing!

EDIT: Just encountered a problem. After I delivered the letter to Dr.Yew, my screen freezes when I got to my starter's stat screen. Any idea what' the problem? I've tried repatching.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
This is one of my favourite hacks on PC right now.

The overall looks of this and the maps are amazing, and I love your idea of a revamped Hoenn region. The story doesn't look deep and complex but it's interesting enough, it kind of reminds me of Pokémon Ranger. You seem to have great ideas, I love Virtopia and the small things like the Shadow Trial house and the Berry blending contest.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that this hack is underrated and deserves more attention. Cobalt is probably one of the few hacks I'll probably play eventually, though just looking at the screenshots is enough to inspire and motivate me to actually ROM hack. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back