• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strongest non legendary

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Which is the strongest non legendary and why?
I mean, which is the strongest non legendary pokemon there is considering their abilities, stats, movepools and resistance/weakness ratio according to your gaming experience?

If you ask me the answer is, suprising I guess, Pelipper. I remember my Pelipper in my first emerald playthrough ready to face like everything except dragons, because they 're op and electrics. Although, I see now that it hasn't good stats it has a very good r/w ratio and a vast movepool-back then it could also learn shock wave. It was my most useful and usable pokemon in a team of six.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I think that it can be objectively said that Slaking is the strongest non-legendary. It has a base stat total of 670, which is higher than most legendaries, and the same as Goudon, Kyogre, and Regigigas. The only thing that keeps it from being legendary (besides there being no legends about it) is its Truant ability, which only lets it attack once every other turn. So in terms of strength, it's definitely the strongest.

There's also Dragonite, Tyranitar, an Salamence. When you're using them, you're basically using legendary Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
There's also Dragonite, Tyranitar, an Salamence. When you're using them, you're basically using legendary Pokemon.
They're pseudo-legendaries, which are Pokemon that have the base stat totals and move pools on par with true legendaries. Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Goodra are also among the pseudo-legends.

Anyway, I think that Archeops deserves a mention outside of the pseudo-legendaries. While it has high offensive stats and Speed, it's crippled by Defeatist, which halves its offenses while it's at 50% health or less (though it can be rectified with Roost).

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
Hey hey, don't forget cute ol' Blissey. She's been my main tank for ages! Doesn't she have the best base HP stat total thingy of all pokémon? And her base Sp. Def is pretty high as well. With the right training, this egg can withstand quite a few hits. Endurance wise, Blissey gets the vote for me!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
They're pseudo-legendaries, which are Pokemon that have the base stat totals and move pools on par with true legendaries. Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Goodra are also among the pseudo-legends.

Oh, yes I know. I assumed pseudo-legendaries didn't count since the OP didn't say non pseudo-legendaries.

Adding to the list, Blaziken is definitely up there (that's to say nothing of Mega Blaziken). It has all the best fighting moves and some of the best fire moves in its arsenal, and its attack and special attack are solid enough to make them useful. Actually, the final stages of all the starters are some of the strongest Pokemon, but I'd say that out of them, Blaziken is at the top.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I'm saying Lucario not just because he's the evolution of my favorite pokemon. He can learn awesome and powerful moves like Close Combat and Aura Sphere. Since diamond and pearl I went to find Lucarios. I only use Lucario in Pokemon leagues and he almost never faints!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Scizor would have to be one of the strongest non-legends. It may be slow and have extreme weakness against fire, but it does have a high Attack stat. If you make it hold Choice Band, it becomes even more powerful. Defensively, Vaporeon is quite tough, as well as Chansey and Blissey. Not sure if these Pokémon count as pseudo-legendaries, but… :b

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I like and agree with what cathy said, if only Slaking had more available to it and it wasn't slow as a dumpster. I really wish it was more versatile because I'd be using it far more.

Years
Slaking is an absolute beast. Just get rid of Truant and you'll be steamrolling through anything crossing your path.

But oh, yes, Archeops! Mine was insanely useful with Acrobatics. But like PlatinumDude said, once it's down to 50% or less HP.. things take a very big turn. Shame its ability hinders it so much. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I want to add Mienshao to the list of strong non-legendaries. Although Mienfoo evolves at L50, it packs a huuuuge punch after evolution. It was really useful with Regenerator, and with its strong stats which makes its moves very powerful. It's a great powerhouse Pokemon and it will literally save your team.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
As mentionned in previous post, Slaking. That thing is a-ma-zing. Use skill swap with one of your Pokemon to get rid of that horrid ability and then switch that Pokemon out. Then you could faceroll with Slaking destroying everything in your path :P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
In general, it's Slaking, just as long as you get rid of Truant.

In a competitive stand point, it's whoever's the most overused Pokémon in the metagame, which is currently Scizor.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Braviary is an absolute beast that seems to go overlooked. If one looks at 'strength' in the traditional RPG sense of having an assload of health and dealing just as much damage, I'm sure it would be fairly high on the list, certainly top of the Flying-types.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I've always found Houndoom to be one of the best.
Its attack and sp. attack are pretty high.
Its defenses are pretty bad, and it is really frail, but will hit hard and fast.
Its speed is pretty good
It has a really good move pool (In my opinion)
It evolves early on and is available in most games
Its the only pokemon with the dark/fire combo. It has normal effect from bugs, making it more useful then some other darks, it has ghost resistance, immunity to psychic, resistance to grass, ice, fire, dark and steel.
He has a stat total of 600 (mega), 500 (normal), making him about the average pokemon, stat wise, but I still find him to be one of the most useful with his stats and type efficiency. I like to call him my pseudo-sacrosanct perversion (Meaning he his held high, but strays from the normal path).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Did anybody mention Rampardos? I always believed that his high attack, Mold Breaker, great-offensive typing and Head Smash would make him able to sweep teams. The only drawbacks being the move's heavy recoil and Ramp's low speed and defenses. Still, I think he's the strongest non-legendary Pokemon in terms of offensive prowess.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Did anybody mention Rampardos? I always believed that his high attack, Mold Breaker, great-offensive typing and Head Smash would make him able to sweep teams. The only drawbacks being the move's heavy recoil and Ramp's low speed and defenses. Still, I think he's the strongest non-legendary Pokemon in terms of offensive prowess.

His typing isn't particularly great, either. Sure, he has a STAB Head Smash, with that ridiculous Attack stat, but dreadful defenses and a weakness to Fighting, Water, Ground, Grass and Steel (first 3 being extremely common), and, as you said, some bad speed.

By stats, he's bearing the highest Attack stat out of non-legendaries. Slaking has the highest base stat total out of every non-legendary Pokemon.

Really, the title of "strongest" is up to player preference. There's not really such thing; everything has strengths and weaknesses.

Back