• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Finished my Black run of the Egyptian Era comment #369.

Also starting up a new challenge

Username: Farthumm
Game: HeartGold
Era: The Pirate Golden Age

Also going to switch Ghost with Rock types.

Update #1
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Congratulations to all those that finished their runs <3
I'm gonna get around to updating soon ^^

Years
This does look cool, but a few questions I have before I consider signing up:

1. Just to clarify for the Emergency Supplies rule, you can buy 10 Full Restores and Revives before the Elite Four regardless of your other rules, but that's it? Also, you can use Poké Balls to catch your normal team members, correct?
2. For Black and White, do you have any intention of changing the end point to Ghetsis instead of Alder?

Sorry if this shouldn't be asked here, but thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
This does look cool, but a few questions I have before I consider signing up:

1. Just to clarify for the Emergency Supplies rule, you can buy 10 Full Restores and Revives before the Elite Four regardless of your other rules, but that's it? Also, you can use Poké Balls to catch your normal team members, correct?
2. For Black and White, do you have any intention of changing the end point to Ghetsis instead of Alder?

Sorry if this shouldn't be asked here, but thanks!

Yeah. 10 Full Restores and Revives. That's it. You use that and whatever else you've safekept for he E4
As for the B/W ending, I never really finished B/W so I dunno which is shorter >_>

Can you add a Viking Era?
Types:Electric Steel Fire Ice Normal Water and Phychc?
An Odin/Thor/Loki kind of thing.

I'll see what I can do with that ^^ Feel free to VM me if you have any rules ideas and stuff,

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Username: Nick the Trainer
Game: Pokemon Oro (Gold version in Spanish!)
Era: The Post Apocalyptic Scenario

Intended Team:
Houndour/Houndoom (will use Cyndaquil until I encounter Houndour)
Sodowoodo
Pinsir/Scyther (whichever I encounter first in the bug catching contest)
Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
Onix/Steelix

Also, I will be trying to catch Suicune because he is the only legal Poke in this mode in Gold that can learn Whirlpool and Waterfall. So that'll be interesting especially because the salvage and the left fir dead rules are tough. Also will be playing on set, and the goal is to never black out.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Forte
Game: Black 2
Era: Mobster Mania

EDIT: Question: By having to buy almost one of everything, would that mean that my character would have to buy mails, potions, pokeballs and other items as well?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Forte
Era: Mobster Mania

EDIT: Question: By having to buy almost one of everything, would that mean that my character would have to buy mails, potions, pokeballs and other items as well?

You can leave out mails and stuff. Just consumables.

Question on the post apocalyptic rules. Does the Salvage rule mean that buying TMs is not allowed?

Pretty much yes, you can't buy TMs.

Years
So with the Western Expansion PokeMart rules.
1. Am I allowed to use items that i've found?
2. When I cash in the items that i've found, do I just remember how much they've sold for and then buy something for an equal or lesser price?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Would that include the Stat Boosters and the Status Healers as well?

Well, you can leave vitamins & stuff out since they're expensive, but everything else goes. (unless you can afford one of each vitamin c.c)

So with the Western Expansion PokeMart rules.
1. Am I allowed to use items that i've found?
2. When I cash in the items that i've found, do I just remember how much they've sold for and then buy something for an equal or lesser price?

You can use the items that you found.
And the price doesn't reallymatter all that much, as long as you cash in something when you buy something.

Years
Let's give this a whirl, why not.

Username: Stargazer
Era: Medieval

Also, for the extra rule, do I have to buy one item to buy another (i.e. trading one Potion for one Poké Ball) or can I buy multiples at once (i.e. trading a Poké Ball for as many healing items as I want, like 12 Casteliacones in Castelia or 12 MooMoo Milks at the Driftveil Market)? If the former, guess i'm gonna be mooching off of Pokéstar Studios films a lot for those free Lemonades. For that matter, what about vending machines that are scattered across the region? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Let's give this a whirl, why not.

Username: Stargazer
Era: Medieval

Also, for the extra rule, do I have to buy one item to buy another (i.e. trading one Potion for one Poké Ball) or can I buy multiples at once (i.e. trading a Poké Ball for as many healing items as I want, like 12 Casteliacones in Castelia or 12 MooMoo Milks at the Driftveil Market)? If the former, guess i'm gonna be mooching off of Pokéstar Studios films a lot for those free Lemonades. For that matter, what about vending machines that are scattered across the region? Sorry for asking so many questions.

You only have to sell one item each time you access the shops.And vending machines are off limits becauseyou can't sell anything to them.

Years
Great! Well if I have other questions (which i'm sure I will) i'll check with you on them. So I guess i'll post the first update then.

Black 2 Medieval Era Challenge - Update #1

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

Guess that's one part down, good so far but i'll have a lot of options for consideration.

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
I'll give this challenge a go.

Username: Orrefan8888
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Era: Jurassic Jam

Does this team look okay? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Pokemon that fall under the Reptilia class, but I tried to select ones that struck me as reptilian.

Sceptile
Armaldo
Gyarados
Torkoal
Flygon

Also, I would like to use Seviper but it is unavailable in Ruby. I know the rules saying trading is prohibited except for evolution purposes, but would I be able to trade it on in an egg to use for my team? If you don't want to allow it, I completely understand, just thought I would ask.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I'll give this challenge a go.

Username: Orrefan8888
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Era: Jurassic Jam

Does this team look okay? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Pokemon that fall under the Reptilia class, but I tried to select ones that struck me as reptilian.

Sceptile
Armaldo
Gyarados
Torkoal
Flygon

Also, I would like to use Seviper but it is unavailable in Ruby. I know the rules saying trading is prohibited except for evolution purposes, but would I be able to trade it on in an egg to use for my team? If you don't want to allow it, I completely understand, just thought I would ask.

That team looks ok and, ufortunately, rules are rules ^^ You can't trade unless it's for evolving purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back