• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Rise of the Unknown Emperor

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
A mystery story about a young boy from Kanto named Tom.

The Rise Of The Unknown Emperor

Prologue:

The farm was breezy. All was silent, nothing could be heard except from the calming wind and the quiet exhales from Tom. Tom was thirteen years old, but was not a Pokémon Trainer, nor did he ever fight a battle, but he knew how to make good friends with Pokémon. Some of these included numerous Butterfree, Eevee, and only one Dratini. You'd probably be thinking that he'd be going on his own journey soon, battling trainers dotted all over the region of Kanto, but this is not the case. He chose to stay at his parent's local farm to make a greater bond with his friends instead of facing the region to leave the farm for... Well, who knows?

Anyway, the farm he lived in was made out of logs, tightly wrapped together with firm ropes. The roof consisted of fine, long twigs that were also tied to the logs. In Summer, the family were satisfied with their home, but in Winter, they could hardly stand it, as they didn't have any heaters to warm up the house. As you might have figured out already, Tom's family was quite poor. They weren't the poorest family ever, but they couldn't afford everything an average family has. But, that didn't affect Tom at all, he was having a lot of fun with his Pokémon friends, so he was usually out for quite a long time everyday.

As you would expect, since they live in a farm, Tom's parents would be usually doing gardening. What they did was plant crops that surrounded the farm, and since they had so many, it would take them almost take about 4 hours of doing it. Unless, of course, Tom was willing to help them, so they all could finish the job significantly faster. Anyway, let's get back to the story...

The clock sounded. It had shown "12 PM", the time Tom usually goes out to see his friends. Tom always goes to the Forest that is near the farm. More specifically, he goes to the center, where a huge yet tender river greets it's travelers. All his friends resided there, so it was quite easy to go there without the huge chance of getting attacked defenselessly. As he usually does, Tom went to the forest and went to the gushing river. The river's current was fast, but the magnificent sight of a waterfall was actually right next to the river.

"Okay everybody! I'm back!" Tom shouted, as the entire set of Pokémon almost immediately rushed into sight. They all welcomed Tom and they started spending time together. What they didn't realise was that a hooded figure was standing on top of the cliff beside the waterfall, spying on them and silently walking away. What has just appeared could mean bad to not just the Pokémon, but Tom himself.

I've got to make my move... The hooded figure thought. At midnight I shall come back... He then quietly laughed, and disappeared into the forest. He was gone for now.

Tune in on Wednesday for Chapter 1. After Wednesday, I'll be making a Chapter every two days.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
The Rise of the Unknown Emperor

Chapter 1: Disappearance:

It was midnight. Tom was snuggling in his bed, which consisted of just a cover and pillow. There was no mattress though, so he had to sleep on the floor. His "Bed" was quite dusty, mainly because it is about 10 years old, and Tom usually accidentally fell asleep in the forest. His not arranged sleepovers in the jungle alone had drove his parents to worry about him. But it seems unlucky that he was not in the forest so he could know that deep trouble was stirring. Big trouble.

In the forest, the wind was blowing, the Noctowl was knowing. Whatever comes in to the forest at night would ALWAYS be spotted by the owl, even if it was a shadow. Noctowl had a better vision than others of the same kind, in fact, you can even consider it a live radar. It just happened to notice a shadow come by just now...

The shadow darted from tree to tree, its movements a blur. It silently ran to the center of the forest, where it gazed at one of the sleeping Pokémon. It lashed out his hands, and grabbed the Pokémon. The Noctowl was yelling and panting uselessly. Good thing I have a translator over here so I can translate Pokese.

"NOC! NOCTOWL!" ("INTRUDER IN THE FOREST!") The Noctowl had flied over the Forest, like a radar scanning it's contents... and found the same hooded figure as the one standing on top of the cliff at Noon... But much to the owl's disappointment, the Guardians of the Forest, Multiple Sneasel and Weavile, could not believe a word the poor owl was saying. The hooded figure had likely jumped into a hiding spot to confound the Pokémon! In my opinion, he'd still get spotted. At least by the Noctowl.

"Sneasel, sneaze..." ("Calm down, it's probably just Tom playing Hide and Seek again...") The Sneasel was calm. It's peers were nodding in agreement, all except for the group's leader, which didn't respond at all. The leader was a Weavile who had multiple scars and cuts, and was the best at battling. He was the most reckless of the group, and usually had a lot of tricks up his imaginary sleeve. But he was a very ignorant member compared to the others, which was his biggest downfall.

"NO! 'TOWL!" ("It wouldn't be! Tom would never snatch away one of the Pokémon!") Noctowl shouted back. The unusual quick reaction Noctowl made shocked the group and they all went to patrol the area.

The hooded figure sprinted as fast as he can around the forest. By the time he reached the end, he was confronted by Noctowl and the others. He started getting attacked, ran off and managed to lose them, the Pokémon hidden in his cloak. You'd probably be thinking it'd be awake by now, but no, it wasn't. It was in quite a deep sleep and didn't respond that much to even the loudest of noises.

Tom waked up and hastily looked at the clock. 3 AM. He knew it was too early and went back to sleep.

Tune in for Friday for the next Chapter.

Back