• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Out of the three I like Chespin and Fennekin equally I have lost my love for the water starters since Gen III. I'm sorry Froakie

In their final forms I think this'll be their typing

Chespin - Grass/Dark
Fennekin - Fire/Psychic (This one I'm more sure of considering Fennekin used a psychic looking move in the trailer)
Froakie - Water/Poison

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I agree with people saying that another fire/fighting type would be near impossible. I think, from the video, Fennekin might be a psychic type. This move here looks psychic to me. I am not familiar with each of how the attack works, but does this not look like Woobat's Heart Stamp? Maybe it is a new move, but who knows.

196879_557741664259920_1215482847_n.png

Flydro

doobz
Years
I agree with people saying that another fire/fighting type would be near impossible. I think, from the video, Fennekin might be a psychic type. This move here looks psychic to me. I am not familiar with each of how the attack works, but does this not look like Woobat's Heart Stamp? Maybe it is a new move, but who knows.

196879_557741664259920_1215482847_n.png

I was looking at that scene too, and to me it looks like Fennekin's attack looked like the beginnings of a Dark Pulse. Just because of the oval rings and the dark purple and stuff. Rather it not be dark type though, because I think Fennekin is already too similar to Zorua as it is.

bmah

B.A.M.
Years
I don't quite understand the hate towards Froakie. Poor water type...I remember Oshawott getting bashed when Gen V came out because it looked "overdesigned" (and ugly), and now I'm hearing that Froakie looks too plainly like...a frog (and ugly). Ironically, everyone went nuts for Oshawott AFTER they saw its final evolution form. I'm half-expecting the same sort of hypocrisy with Froakie as well. So hold your horses!

Don't quite like Chespin at first sight, as I'm not all over the goofy look that's reminiscent of Happy Tree Friends. Again, subject to change once I see its evolutions.

If I had to choose a starter based on its initial form, I'll just take Fennekin, but honestly I'll have to see what their evolved forms are like before I make a real decision. The existence of Vulpix sorta toned down my hype for Fennekin, probably because I'm looking for something more different.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Fennekin - Fire/Psychic (This one I'm more sure of considering Fennekin used a psychic looking move in the trailer)
Froakie - Water/Poison

I agree with this but I am led to believe Froakie is a Water/Fighting. In the trailer, it strikes a Patrat in a move that looks like Close Combat.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I agree with this but I am led to believe Froakie is a Water/Fighting. In the trailer, it strikes a Patrat in a move that looks like Close Combat.

Some of the screen shot descriptions for that said that Froakie tackled Patrat so its hard to tell.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
They have all grown on me i like them all. Froakie at first like many others i did not like but i gotta say it has grown on my and i would say it is my favorite. Still undecided on which one to pick as my starter i need to see there final evolution

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

^Yes I agree, Froakie has grown on me and It will be really hard for me to pick. And oh thanks Xander that does make it hard to tell.

Years
The very second I saw the Fire-type starter, I despised it. Seriously, I hate that thing!
As for my favourite, it's Froakie. It's Water-type, which I usually choose anyway, plus it's a frog. :)

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2015
As always, the fire type gets the most love (even Tepig, that pig's ugly).
Then they're making a grass type ala Treecko (which walks in two feet), because the water/fire starters always get that kind of characteristic.

I think they'll end like this
Chespin - Speedy, grass/ground maybe?
Fennekin - Plain fire like Cyndaquil line
Froakie - I don't care what it'll be, it's my favorite among the three

Chespin is like a mole Oshawott, Fennekin is Vulpix/Fire Zorua. Froakie is the most unique for me.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Cant really decide!
Have to see their final form first!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I absolutely love Fennekin. Fennekin is sooooo adorable. x3

Well, ever since I saw the starter on the Pokémon Direct presentation, now I know which starter I'm choosing now. I can't wait to pick Fennekin and start playing the game once it's launched. ^^

I don't really mind how Fennekin would look in it's evolved forms, I bet they would look absolutely stunning though. :D

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Some of the screen shot descriptions for that said that Froakie tackled Patrat so its hard to tell.
The move it used looked like acrobatics to me, especially since it seemed like Froakie was flipping around Patrat and hitting it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Another thing that I'm thinking about with the starters in the game... is that I think I can speculate what types they will be.

Chespin - Grass
Fennekin (my absolute favorite x3) - Fire (yes, plain fire type)
Froakie - Water

By the look of those Pokémon, I wouldn't be surprised that they won't have any secondary type. xD

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Chespin looks like it could just be plain Grass. It's also my least favorite (there's still love for you.) (I hated Smugleaf)

So does Fennekin, except not grass but Fire. It also happens to be my most favorite (I always luff fire types, but more so this time with Fennekin.)

And Froakie could be Water-FlyingIce or something. Maybe. I like this guy, too.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Hopefully Fennekin is a Fire and Psychic type. Those are probably two of my favorite types. I'm not such a fan of Froakie or Chespin, but they'll grow on me eventually.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 3, 2019
Last time I was in love with a starter trio so quickly was Generation 2. Love Fennekin, that'll be my first play through starter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back