• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast is your Internet connection?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years

I'm content enough. Had to get Charter because Charter and AT&T are the main two providers where I live, and I'm happy with it because AT&T is horse crap. I had it when I lived with my mom and the speeds were like 4 down/.5 up.

Arma

The Hyena
Years

Kinda weird how my friends laugh at me for this, I'm rather proud of it...

@Cirno: Whoa, your upload speed is really high compared to your download.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
2688314868.png

Hughesnet sucks. But it is better then dialup. At least.

I'm planning to cancel and get internet through Centurylink. On paper, my speeds through Hughesnet are 2 Mbs. In practice though the high ping negates the majority of that speed. What I'd get from Centurylink would etiher be 75% or just under half (Two avaliable to me, 1.5 Mbs and 768 Kbs) of what my current, stated, speed is but the much, much, lower ping would let me get more use out of it. That and not having a daily download limit. (250 MB a day. Thankfully their is a free download period... I make heavy use of that.)

Either one would be slow speeds but still... Would be usable. Most of the games I want to play mp on again are older ones so they wouldn't require high speeds anyway.

Years
2624509824.png

O_O
I did not expect it to be that much xD

H-howw.... faster than 99% of the US -.-'

Here's mine:
2698427476.png

And this is with wireless connection, with the modem across the house, with 2 other people in the house gaming. :P

<3 my internet.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
2699584045.png

It fluctuates, but sometimes it can get as high as 17 Mbs (or just about). I've never seen it over 17 though.

2699592951.png

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years

I think this is pretty decent for only paying $30 a month lol.

Anyone know if it's possible to get about 10mb/s upload speed by wireless connection?

Last edited:
Back