• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Aficionados

Years
+*Sports Aficionados*+

We are a club designed for the many who enjoys following and watching popular north american sports leagues such as NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB....etc.
Here you can discuss any topic from the amazing plays, shocking trades, biggest games and many more happening regarding the sports you watch and team(s) you root for.

+Rules+

-Follow general forum rules and club rules-
-Keep any insulting comments towards others to yourself-
-Make your post count. no spamming(no one liners/flaming)-
-Don't take sports debates/discussion personally-​

+Club Application Form+

Name:
Which sport aficionado are you?:
Your favorite sports team(s)?*if it applies*:
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?:
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?:

+Members+
*more categories will be added as more people join*

*Founder*
Alfon - Teams: OKC Thunder and Chicago Bears

*Aficionados*
Flush'd - Teams: Detroit Tigers

+Banners/Artwork+
-coming soon-

+Current Discussions+
*Current topic of discussions will be list here for members to voice their opinion on*
*Members are welcome to suggest topics*

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Name: Flush'd
Which sport aficionado are you?: Baseball
Your favorite sports team(s)?:Detroit Tigers
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: Verlander No-hitters
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Raul Mondesi, props to anyone who knows him.

I might not be much of a contribution since I'm mainly a baseball guy. I follow the NHL a decent amount, but NBA and NFL not so much.

Years
Name: Flush'd
Which sport aficionado are you?: Baseball
Your favorite sports team(s)?:Detroit Tigers
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: Verlander No-hitters
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Raul Mondesi, props to anyone who knows him.

I might not be much of a contribution since I'm mainly a baseball guy. I follow the NHL a decent amount, but NBA and NFL not so much.

First off, Welcome to the group! Flush'd. No worries about being just a baseball fan. I follow all major sports and I'm sure there will be more people who joins that are MLB fans as well :).

On that note the recent wildcard race has been crazy. October fever is certainly upon us. You think Cleveland or Rangers can pull out?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I think Cleveland's going to make it out alive, which is interesting as a Tiger's fan, because by some sequence of events, we could end up facing them in the ALCS if they get past TB, Boston, and we get past Oakland. The idea of facing someone from the AL Central, especially in the ALCS is somewhat of a foreign concept to me haha.

Years
Aha, a sports club!

Name: Brendino
Which sport aficionado are you?: Hockey, Football (American), and others like Baseball and Soccer to a lesser extent.
Your favorite sports team(s)?: New Jersey Devils, Kansas City Chiefs.
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: Probably the Devils' 2003 Stanley Cup.
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Martin Brodeur.

Flush'd said:
Raul Mondesi, props to anyone who knows him.
I used to play a lot as the Dodgers back on MLB 99 for the PS1, so I remember playing as him quite a bit (along with a rookie Adrian Beltre).

Years
Aha, a sports club!

Name: Brendino
Which sport aficionado are you?: Hockey, Football (American), and others like Baseball and Soccer to a lesser extent.
Your favorite sports team(s)?: New Jersey Devils, Kansas City Chiefs.
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: Probably the Devils' 2003 Stanley Cup.
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Martin Brodeur.

I used to play a lot as the Dodgers back on MLB 99 for the PS1, so I remember playing as him quite a bit (along with a rookie Adrian Beltre).

Welcome Brendino!

How about them chiefs eh? What a turn around after that horrible season last year. That Chiefs-Broncos match looking more and more exciting.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
Name: King Carnivore
Which sport aficionado are you?: Hockey
Your favorite sports team(s)?:Detroit Red Wings
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: Datsyuk doing anything, winning the cup in 2001 and 2007
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Steve Yzerman/Pavel Datsyuk/Tomas Holmstrom

The season officially starts tomorrow! I'm so excited. :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Name: Darkroman
Which sport aficionado are you?: NFL
Your favorite sports team(s)?*if it applies*: 49ers
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: Whenever Frank Gore gets a 20+ yard rush on a play.
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: All-time, Steve Young.. current I'm not so sure.. Justin Smith, maybe, but Anquan Boldin is moving up..

Years
Welcome Brendino!

How about them chiefs eh? What a turn around after that horrible season last year. That Chiefs-Broncos match looking more and more exciting.
4-0 is looking pretty solid, considering the only real change we seemed to make during the offseason was at quarterback. Shows how much Matt Cassel was a product of the Patriots' system before he came to KC.

Your favorite sports team(s)?:Detroit Red Wings

The season officially starts tomorrow! I'm so excited. :D
Wish I wasn't working so I could watch a couple games tonight. And while I'm not a big Red Wings fan, I've got Henrik Zetterberg on my fantasy team this year, so I'll be cheering for them to do well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Finally a club just for me. :D I am a huuuuge sports fan <3

Name: Meganium90
Which sport aficionado are you?: NFL Football, College Football, Baseball, NASCAR, Formula 1, Hockey (only started recently, so I could get a little rusty)
Your favorite sports team(s)?*if it applies*: Pittsburgh Steelers, Florida Gators, UCLA Bruins, Anaheim Ducks, LA Angels of Anaheim, aaaand I guess drivers count too, right? Tony Stewart & Martin Truex Jr. from NASCAR, and Fernando Alonso & Lewis Hamilton of Formula 1.
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: 2011 Sprint Cup Championship chase, where Tony Stewart won in a close race against Carl Edwards.
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Tim Tebow, but he got cut this year sooooo :| (I like Troy Polamalu too).

Years
Go sports!

Name: _ANDY_
Which sport aficionado are you?: Baseball, Soccer
Your favorite sports team(s)?*if it applies*: San Diego Padres, FC Barcelona, SF 49ers
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: I haven't had much to cheer for with the Padres, but I suppose when Peavy won the Cy Young award. With Barcleona (although not American) I've had a lot to be happy about.
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Cesc Fabregas or Luke Gregerson probably.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
It was a nail-biter for sure. Would've been interesting to see how Smyly handled the pressure in Scherzer's stead.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Don't you die on me thread! :L

Name: WooliestSteam1

Which sport aficionado are you?: Hockey, NFL, Soccer, F1.
Your favorite sports team(s)?: Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bears, Chelsea and for F1 the driver Kimi Raikkonen
Your Favorite sports moment(s)?: Blackhawks 2013 Stanley Cup win.
Your Favorite athlete(all time or current)?: Brandon Saad/Corey Crawford

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well to get the group going, anyone following the MLB world series? I've been rooting for the Cards but I think the Sox might get another title this year. They've been doing extremely well all season and this just proves it. Game 6 tomorrow, if the Sox wins this one, then they win the championship.

Back