• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Anime Characters

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Who are those anime characters that annoy the hell out of you to the point that you just wanna strangle their little 2D necks.... *rage*

Anyways as for myself I guess you could just put almost any protagonist of any shonen anime/manga ever. (i said almost so all yall shonen fanboys don't get your panties in a twist)

The whole reason I made this thread was because i'm currently watching Attack on Titan and good lord I just want Erin to shut his damn mouth!!! Half of the characters on that show don't know how to make rational decisions or to speak normally, either screaming or whispering... *pent up rage...*

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
Well mine would have to be Kirino from Oreimo, i always throught of her as a
brat.

Outlier

Naruto. Willingly takes beatings from people including his friends like a masochist, has unrealistic ideals and messed up priorities, and his corny ass John Cena speeches are SO cringe-worthy that I don't understand how anyone can like this character.

Sakura. Abusive ***** to Naruto for no reason. In love with Sasuke for no reason. But then again so is Naruto, maybe she saw him as competition and that's why she used to beat him up so much.

I'd throw Itachi and Sasuke in there too but now that I think of it being a poorly written character doesn't necessarily make you annoying.

Chi-Chi. The fact that she was protective over her family was Chi-Chi's only redeeming quality in my book. Other than that she was overbearing, confrontational and loud. She reminds me of a lot of annoying mothers I know.

Hercule. I wasn't amused with him or his proteges. They just took up precious screen time that could have been better spent on something else. Like anything else!

The Great Saiyaman/Teen Gohan. There was all this foreshadowing from the time Gohan was a kid up until the Cell Games indicating that he was going to become the strongest Z Fighter, even more so than Goku. Then after he finally unlocked his full potential and defeated Cell he apparently became a part time crime fighter/ bookworm? LAME!

Years
Naruto (Naruto), both subbed and dubbed, were equally annoying voice-wise, but I do like his character.
Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicles), I don't like female characters to begin with and Sakura I felt was especially annoying.

I'm pretty sure there are others who I find to be rather annoying, but these 2 are the ones that came off the top of my head.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
For now, the one that comes to mind is Asia from High School DxD. She doesn't let us viewers see Issei x Rias action so she annoys the hell outta me. :<

I'll add more when I remember them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it has to be Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto. I just can't stand how much he complains about how terrible his life is, honestly. :( Misa Amane from Death Note is pretty annoying, too. Oh, and also Bulma from Dragon Ball.

Years
Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin. GOD he is annoying. In fact, I've prepared a poem for just this occasion!

Armin is a wimp.
Really should've died.
Maybe it's just in my eyes, but
I think that he
Never amounted to anything.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin. GOD he is annoying. In fact, I've prepared a poem for just this occasion!

Armin is a wimp.
Really should've died.
I think that he
He's not getting enough development in anime... he's pretty much one of the best characters left in manga.

Years

Armin is a wimp.
Really should've died.
I think that he

To be honest, I thought the same thing when I started watching/reading the manga, but if you read the manga like Satoshi mentioned, he plays a significant role. Not everyone is suitable on the field, Armin's one of them, but he basically acts as the brain of the operations, which is an honourable trait.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
Practically EVERYONE from Hetalia, but especially Italy (for personal reasons), Turkey (because it's racist against Turks - the character is dark-skinned, overly muscular, and wears a fez. I don't know any Turkish guys who wear fezzes or are that dark and buff.), and South Korea (because it's racist against Koreans - the character is an uke to Japan). (Although England is an extremely realistic portrayal of the English.) Another vote goes to the jailbait from Azumanga Daioh and any other lolicon character (lolicon makes us anime fans look like pedophiles). Other mention goes to Sakura Haruno (Faux Action Girl extraordinaire), Light Yagami (sociopathic pretty boy jerk), Shizue from Ouran (old c*nt), and Eclair from Ouran (obnoxious negative French stereotype). Also any female character who exists for no reason other than fanservice.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Everyone in Chuunibyou besides from Yuuta made season 1 unbearable for me. I know they were supposed to be funny but I really just couldn't get past how annoying they all were.

Back