• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HoTW 85] Pokemon Shadow Black

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
[HoTW #85] Pokemon Shadow Black

Navigation
Team Night Sky proudly presents:

shadowblacko.png

Hack of:
badge-firered.png

[a id]Story[/a id]
pimail.gif
Story:

Even since the dates were closing on your 10th birthday, your dream, to be a Poke Master, were growing stronger and stronger.
The day will come. But.... the night has to pass. How will it? That wierd sensation, its eating you up. What's going on?
Your dream, will it come true?
What happens, when things do not go as you wish, as you dream?
-------------------------------------------
Ah! A bright new day to start an adventure. You step out of your house.... Darn, it's raining. A perfect day! Well, you musn't be late to get your first Pokemon. Ummm.... How difficult it is to choose among three excellent Pokemon!
Who is.... that Pokemon, following you....? You can't see it. But you can feel its presence. What is it? Is is guarding you? If yes, then from what?

Face The Shadow Squad, who lurk amoing the shadows causing havoc among the people of the region. This team was reunited from the disbanded Team Galactic. They no longer aim the Distorted World or the Space above, they are desperately trying to find Mt. Lyton, where the ultimate Pokemon resides, to sieze control of the whole region. Will you be able stop the Shadow Squad from their evil undoings?

So trainers, the region of Oraon is ready for your arrival, are you ready? Step up as the greatest trainer one has ever known, and find the three mystical rivers leading to the Lake of Lyton, whose beauty is beyond imagination. There will lie the great Mountain Lyton Itself. It holds something mysterious. Only the brave among the chosen few will be able to complete this ultimate quest. But why has this place been dreaded since ancient times? What does it hold for you? Is it that Pokemon?
Legends say that whosoever finds Mt. Lyton shall face the ultimate Pokemon, the master of all Pokemon. But for that, tremendous courage and love for Pokemon is needed.
Twas once said, "Pokemon are never evil, its their trainer who is good or evil."
Will history repeat itself, or will you decide it?

[a id]Features[/a id]
pimail.gif
Features:-

1. D/P/Pt. Pokemon
2. Starters are the sinnoh ones.
3. Darkrai is the main legendary. Is he? Or is he not?
4. Plenty of scripts to keep you entertained throughout the bulk of the game.
4. A new region Oraon, north-west of Sinnoh.
6. New music.
7. You will mostly decide the storyline.
8. A brand new HP Laptop to send and receive e-mails. :D
9. A lot more you could discover youreself!
10. Detailed lan
scapes, featuring the low hills in the South and the snow capped mountains in the North.
11. Quest of finding the 3 mystical rivers of Oraon, which will lead to mini-quests a
nd Mt. Lyton itself.

[a id]Screenshots[/a id]
pikasleep.gif
ScreenShots:

Spoiler:

A lot more to come. Brace youreselves.

[a id]Videos[/a id]
Videos:

Spoiler:

[a id]Progress[/a id]
pichuupdown.gif
Progress:

4.6 %

Team Night Sky
Spoiler:

You may apply here in this thread: Team Night Sky
I'm in need for some OW's! lol. I can do everything except spriting x_x

Awards: o_O
85-shadow-black.png

[a id]Support[/a id]
pichupikasit.gif
Support Banners:

By Aerow,

67833464.png

By Aiinz,

ShadowBlack1.png

By Codec,

shblk.png

Signature Banner:

shadowblack.png

Tools Used:
Spoiler:

[a id]Credits[/a id]
pikahalf.gif
Credits:

MASTEROFPUPPETS -For the rombase
-Saurav -For the trees, the ground, flower and Pokécenter/mart

-Wesley FG -For the path and the house

-Doktor Worm. -For the mountains

-Gary93 -For the gym
----
Dr Gregory House -For the name "Shadow Squad"
---
Pokemon elite 2000 -For the Gifs
---
Aberbecam-For the "Shadow Black" Logo
---
Dante -For the Title Screen Background Rip
---
Bzuma - For helping me locate the TS
---
Aerow - He deserves one, he refused to script for me, so now i'm able to make my own scripts. ^_^
---
Neo- Wolf - I don't know, he wanted it! For CSS
This one, Specially for Banjora Marxvile:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
A hack? Good move, Mervyn797.
The mapping needs improvement. The story isn't bad. But Munchlax for a starter?

Anyways, good luck.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
hehehe! the story is stub. XD some last moment problems made it difficult to get the ingame screenies. too bad. xD
mapping is bad o.O gotta do some work. XD

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
yeah, that tiel error was fixed, you know that codec, but, i forgot to update the map shot. lol

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/07harris/correct.png
these are your tile-errors pal...
Great story :)
get some screens up k?

Also, the ledge on the beach is an error too, on the edge bits, that isn't the right tile.

Anyway, mervyn, can you script? I forgot if you can or not. If not, then... Well, forget this, as to get far in this, you need to either be very good at explaining your ideas, and how you want the scripts to work, or create the scripts yourself. The 2nd is less time consuming.

Why always Darkrai as the main legendary... Honestly, he may look evil, but most hacks with Shadow in their name either have Shadow Pokemon or Darkrai... True it is the only Dark Type Legendary, but how does it fit into the story? As the story is a stub, apparently, I cannot rate that, but the starter choice is... Well, not good. EIther make a choice, or something that is starter material. Munchlax isn't big on the power department, comapred.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
what if i edit some of munchlax's moves? his stats? yeah, i can script.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
in the story, you go to the professors lab, but then u see that lonely muchlax, and yeah.. that.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
in the story, you go to the professors lab, but then u see that lonely muchlax, and yeah.. that.

... OK, not arguing that, I'm arguing about the choice. There are better Pokemon to pick than Munchlax, if I am honest. (As you can tell, I am slightly biased, as I like all Pokemon, but Munchlax, to me, is not really that great)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
shadow is simply a coincidence, ask, giradialkia, he knows it.

Years
I'll come clean here guys- the name ShadowBlack was my idea, it's supposed to be like FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver- you know, basically in 'ObjectColour' format. I wasn't aware that so many hacks had 'Shadow' in the name, but I agree, there are an awful lot. So apologies for that- I think it'd be good, if so many people didn't already use it, lol. Any critique on the temporary title screen? I know what it lacks, obviously, eg a proper logo, and Press Start and such, but other than that, does it look alright? (it's my first one, see).

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
okay i have some screenies.
shadow1p.png

shadow2q.png

shadow1.png

Last edited:
Back