• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I think the Bird is Y and the stag is X, The birds three wings literally make up a Y, and if you look Past the Stags antlers, it makes a kind of sickle shaped X. But now my opinions, I love them both i will start with Stag, great elegant design, I really like the legs design I think it gives it a somewhat Regal appearance, and the antlers are quite memorizing with the light glow i really like this Pokemon.

Now the Bird I think this Pokemon is fantastic again great design i especially love the dark blood red and contrasting with the black. The two wings and the tail wing also looks quite impressive and i love the hook talons at the end of them, i also really like the design of its face and horns it makes him look quite impressive and intimidating.

The bird in my eyes slightly edges out the stag but i think i would decided which game to buy based on the version exclusives.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Apart from the majestic Design of the pokemons, what i really Like is that, for me, These legendaries don't look "Godly" . By looking at them , i don't get the feeeling that they are the masters of Space/Time or created whole regions or things like that.They are different from legendaries of past three Gens.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think these are the best ones in a while. As much as I love Reshiram and Zekrom, they look kind of messy to me. Personally the Y legend vulture thing is totally beast. "X" is really majestic and the rainbow antlers thing looks really pretty.

My thinking is, "Y" is either a Dark/Flying which would be awesome cause we need more Dark-type legendary Pokemon, or a Psychic Flying. "X" looks like it's a Grass/Steel to me cause of it's "sword feet" and it looks similar to Virizion ( I know that doesn't really imply

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
Their names are revealed.
602943_285525491569402_1342264618_n.jpg

I have no idea how to pronounce these. ZER-NE_UA and Ye-Ven-Tal??? Yveltal sound oddly cool, though Xerneas sounds alot cooler.

Last edited:

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
OMG What are those weird names? I can't even pronounce the second one. The most accurate way of pronounciation I can think of is Y-veltal.
Anyway, Yveltal looks weird and cool at the same time :P

I'm looking forward to seeing what their names mean (their name origin and that)

Treecko

Years
Either way Yveltal is still really beastly and you can always nickname them if you don't like the name. It's likely what I'll do though I usually never rename Legendary Pokemon.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Odd choices for names, I have no idea what they could be named for, other than the obvious X and Y reason. With Zekrom and Reshiram there was the obvious Romulus and Remus thing, with this I have no clue.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Anyone getting into the origin of these names ? Something from the Norse mythology perhaps.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
I honestly like Yveltal tbh. While it's strange it... fits. So does the X... w/e it was called I don't remember. They both fit! :3 I just need to learn to pronounce them lmao.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It kind of sounds to me like the legendary Pokémon are pronounced more like this:

Xernea "Zer-ne-a" (as in Eternal)

Yveltal "Why-vel-tall" (as in Wyvern and Vulture)

Edit: Never mind, someone's found the official pronunciation of them already.

Back