• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
But I don't enjoy their content. I watch foreign TV shows that I would happily pay for if it was possible to actually get a copy of their DVDs without it being a HongKong ripoff. When I go to Toronto I do buy the official J-Drama shows that I like. I plan to buy the Ruroni Kenshin movie because I saw it was getting localized so I haven't watched it yet. I buy my Dr. Who DVDs and my Digimon season DVDs.

I'm not paying for something I don't use. The last time I turned on my TV was 3 months ago when I decided to play some DDR.

I don't get what "attitude" I have other than the fact that I wont give the government 240 dollars a year for nothing.

:/ INB4 you probably download a lot of your music, too. So who are you to judge me?

I'm not doing anything illegal. The Japanese shows havent been localized so it is free to watch subs until they are officially released- then they are taken down. I didn't watch the olympics except for one Saturday that I went to a friend's house and it was on in the background. I don't torrent.

So why do you have a problem with my "attitude"?

That is a completely different situation to how you made it sound in your original post:

Yeah the shows are good.. but I rather keep my 12-13 pounds a month (like 20 bucks) and just watch it like a couple hours later online when it's not being aired.. ._. Easy peasy!

That bolded bit right there led me to believe that you just went on iPlayer to watch them instead, to avoid having to pay.

If you don't watch their stuff then that's absolutely fine, and I apologize.

Can see where I slipped up though?

P.S. I try not to download any music illegally. I'm a paid subscriber to Spotify so I get all my music from there.

If it's not on Spotify then I'll download it illegally and then I attempt to compensate the artist some other way.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
That bolded bit right there led me to believe that you just went on iPlayer to watch them instead, to avoid having to pay.

No, on the TV licensing website, it says if you want to watch a show after it's already aired on the BBC website you are allowed to and you don't need to pay a TV license. So I watch my shows after it's been aired and it's legal. I already said I've never used iPlayer in my life, so yeah. Appreciate the apology though.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
This the last I'm saying on this:

1. It was never a discussion on the legality of it
2. You said you never used iTunes.

Surely someone else understands what I've been saying? >.<

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That's me right there. Is it bad that I don't feel ashamed?

On a side note, anyone see Sinister yet? It was soooo goooooddd.

I know, I pirate music, acknowledge it's definitely ethically questionable if not just wrong, but I just...can't bring myself to feel upset about it. Idk, I guess I'm just a terrible person but I can live with that.

droomph

weeb
Years
I torrent my music, and I don't really feel badddddd about it, because I know that most of my iTunes money will just go to the corporation rather than the guy I want to make more music

but yeah I try to buy some because what do you know? he can do a lot with three cents

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I know, I pirate music, acknowledge it's definitely ethically questionable if not just wrong, but I just...can't bring myself to feel upset about it. Idk, I guess I'm just a terrible person but I can live with that.

I never regret pirating. Whether it's ethically or socially inappropriate and wrong doesn't really stop me from downloading; illegally if you presume. It's just the idea of many people doing the same kind of makes it tolerable for me.

So, anyone witnessed Felix Baumgartner dive?

droomph

weeb
Years
I never regret pirating. Whether it's ethically or socially inappropriate and wrong doesn't really stop me from downloading; illegally if you presume. It's just the idea of many people doing the same kind of makes it tolerable for me.

Not that you can't or I don't want you to (which would be kinda dumb), but that's not the right way to look at stuff.

Anyways

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Not that you can't or I don't want you to (which would be kinda dumb), but that's not the right way to look at stuff.

Anyways

I feel the same way as him and I know it's wrong and I shouldn't.

dMy0G.gif

I JUST CAN'T MAKE MYSELF CARE

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
omg
I KNOW IT'S WRONG BUT THE MUSIC IS CALLING ME IT WHISPERING MY NAME HOW CAN I NOT GIVE IN TO IT'S SIREN CALL

Years
I buy music from artists I think are worth buying from. Whether I pirate anything else or not isn't gonna change how much I spend.

The last music I bought was a L'Arc en Ciel CD :3
Oooo, L'Arc en Ciel. I haven't been keeping up with them. I need to change that.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I don't agree with illegally downloading music. It just does a disservice to not only the artists themselves, but the record labels that work hard to produce and promote the artists they are associated with.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have respect for you for sticking to your beliefs.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
And I'm the crazy guy who had a ridiculously huge CD collection, still buys CD's regularly and doesn't download songs unless they are legally free XD

I wouldn't like people getting my job for free. Even if they only get a small part of the song's price, anything is greater than 0, and if companies don't get money out of publishing albums, well, guess what they'll do: stop pubilishing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back