• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a real Trainer..

Ice Car

Banned
Years
1) Sinnoh, it just seems like such a peaceful region... Even the music is peaceful...
2) I'd maybe start in Snowpoint. Cause' I like the cold.
3) I'd have an Eevee of course. They're so ****ing adorable.
4) I'd probably name it Fuyu. Japanese for Winter.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
●What region would your journey begin?
Johto

●Where in that region would be your hometown?
Olivine city

●Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner?
Eevee.gif

●What nickname would you give him/her?
Elly or Evoli.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
What region would your journey begin in?

Probably Sinnoh. Much as I love the three regions that preceded it, Sinnoh appeals to me the most; it's just the right mix of countryside and city.

Where in that region would be your hometown?

Solaceon Town. Much as I love colder climates, I've always lived in small villages, and a smaller community like the one in Solaceon Town is one that I'd find comfortable, if not quite as appealing. It's about as close to representing my home as any location in any Pokemon game has ever come.

Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner?

I'd quite like a Misdreavus, although I'd be equally happy with a Petilil. Practically speaking, something like an Onix would be better for me, though - something that can carry me over long distances, or is so huge that people would think twice before crossing me.

What nickname would you give him/her?

The urge to call a Misdreavus "Little Miss" would be overpowering...but my Pokemon usually get music-inspired nicknames. If a male, probably Waltz. If a female, either Sonata or Crescendo.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I love this idea, and also enjoyed reading everyone else's opinions and ideas. I may end up writing my own fan-adventure following my own - which would be:

I would begin my journey in Sinnoh (I have been watching lots of episodes from Diamond and Pearl to give me lots of ideas - and I plan on buying Pokemon Pearl next for Glameow).

I would make myself be born in Mandarin Island from the Orange Archipelago (it is my favorite region in the anime, just which there was a game made from the archipelago).

In my planned mind, only Pokemon that are based on real life egg (birds, lizards, fish) laying will come from eggs, my partner would be a mammal so no egg. My travelling Pokemon would be Meowth and it won't travel in a Pokeball at all.

If its a male I would name him Ch'marr and if its a female, I would name her Xandra. When I do start, I might uploaded to my DeviantArt page.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
Thats easy!

1.Kanto
2.Lavender Town (Heartgold and Soulsilver when there are no ghosts and its all cheery and happy)
3.My favorite Pokemon, a male Pichu
4.I don't nickname my Pokemon but if I had to, i would name him Sparky

Years
Either Johto or Hoenn, but for now I'll say Johto.

Realistically it would probably be somewhere like Goldenrod, but I'd be happy living in Olivine, too.

Hmm, maybe I'd like an Eevee egg or something, since that would give me lots of possibilities moving forward depending on what type of Pokemon I liked to train.

I'm not sure exactly what I would nickname it, but it would definitely have one. I see Pokemon as similar to pets- you wouldn't call a bulldog "Bulldog" or your parrot "Parrot," so why should I call my Eevee by it's species name?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Kanto or Johto, I love how the region looks like.

Goldrenrod maybe? Since I'm used to big cities, but maybe Goldrendog have alot of noises too ^^'

Pichu, then evolve to a Pikachu

Pikachu or Pika if it's a female

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
What region would your journey begin in? Hoenn
Where in that region would be your hometown? Falarbor
Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner*? Mudkip, but I'd probably let all my Pokemon out of their PokeBalls at some point. Like Rothometapratis said, I wouldn't want to treat one of my Pokemon different than the rest. So, I'd hope for Mudkip as a starter.
What nickname would you give him/her? Perhaps "Axl."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hoenn.
Fortree City
Eevee or Rufflet if it has to be a starter then probably Piplup or Charmander.
I do not really care much for nicknames.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
1. Kanto
2.Lavender Town
3. Scyther. It would eventually become a Scizor.
4. Blade. Because Shingo's Scizor was just so awesome

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
1. Sinnoh
2. Eterna
3. Snivy
4. Alex Jr. (since someone in one of the pokemon games said that trainers are bother mother and father)

GrimmReaper

Glaceon Lover <3
Years
1. What region would your journey begin in? Hoenn - Love Hoenn so much
2. Where in that region would be your hometown? Lavaridge
3. Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner? A Male Growlithe
4. What nickname would you give him/her? Diesel

Nakala Pri

Me too. It would be perfect! Anyone else listening to 'What makes you beautiful?'

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Johto.

Olivine City.

Male Chikorita.

Sunny.

dunnjean

The Most Awesome Of Them All
Years
I'd start in either Sinnoh or Johto and my hometown'd have to be Snowpoint City or Goldenrod, respectively. A Cherubi or a Growlithe would be my starter Pokemon, named either Sakura or Fuego.

`Brianna

Mahamagiha, my friends!
Years
My favorite region is Sinnoh, so I'd problably settle somewhere around there... Maybe a smaller, more rural town like Sandgem.

As for a pokemon parter, I really could care less. But if I had to choose out of all six-hundred-some pokemon, I'd go with Tangela. I just like Tangela for some odd reason. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
1. Johto~ Do do do do DOO do!
2. Ecruteak City
3. I would pick Mareep, but I can catch one in Johto anyway... So I'll pick Turtwig!
4. For Mareep it'd be Amphy, for Turtwig I'd probably just call it Turti or something stupid.

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
My journey would begin in my favorite region, Sinnoh, in Floaroma Town.
My partner would be a Vulpix (Female).
Her nickname would be Amaterasu. I'd probably shorten it when in battle, like Ammy or something.

Back