• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Zeta Emergence (OOC Thread)

Years
Olivine city is gonna be kinda weird for King. Since his aunt doesnt really like pokemon and im thinking of a little feud between them. ill think about it and when the time comes, i might do that feud.
(if im able to at least)

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Well that's not good =/ At least you have the laptop though!

And just for the record, for the rest of today and all day tomorrow I'm going to be quite scarce. In the case that the IC thread goes up, I have PMed Miss Doronjo the first chapter of the RP for him to post, just so no one has to wait because of me.

You're a saint, that waiting would have driven me nuts if I'd noticed it go up.

And I may have just bought new 250gb SSD and a new 2tbHDD , which along with the new keyboard and mouse, means I've spent almost £300 on my PC in the last week 0-0.

I'm terrible with money.

Years
You're a saint, that waiting would have driven me nuts if I'd noticed it go up.

And I may have just bought new 250gb SSD and a new 2tbHDD , which along with the new keyboard and mouse, means I've spent almost £300 on my PC in the last week 0-0.

I'm terrible with money.

wow..... im surprised someone is worse with money then me

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
wow..... im surprised someone is worse with money then me

I really am terrible.

In other news, a sneak preview of something I like to do for RP's i'm in:

Professor gold just got this, for a new trainer that he will be registering tomorrow morning:
Spoiler:

Years
I really am terrible.

In other news, a sneak preview of something I like to do for RP's i'm in:

Professor gold just got this, for a new trainer that he will be registering tomorrow morning:
Spoiler:

thats a sweet trainer card. or liscence to be in the league. whatever it is is awsome ^.^

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
I'm tired, but I want to get what I have done so far up while I work on the finishing touches, just so everyone knows I'm still here and all.

Name: Jamie Holladen - Age 17 - Gender Male

Personality
"They called me a sissy, a crybaby, an unmanly weirdo! But I am gonna trounce the entire Johto League, and then they can just call me CHAMPION! Hah! Haha! Hahaha-EEEEEEEEEEKARATTATAGETITAWAYGETITAWAY!"

Jamie is no stranger to naysayers and negativity. Most people he spends an extended period of time with bear little respect or expectation of him, and he seems to draw bullies in like an ill-fated magnet. Jamie does his best to overlook this, and keeps a positive attitude while maintaining a healthy respect for himself and his abilities. He has the unfortunate habit of taking this confidence too far and acting like a bit of a know-it-all every now and then, and he has trouble trusting others implicitly due to the fact that he's been walked all over throughout his life. He's incredibly bouncy and has the tendency to get incredibly wound up, eventually behaving in an incredibly hyped up and energetic state. This hyperactivity thankfully doesn't seem to entirely extend to Jamie's decision making process, he'd have to be a lot more wound up than usual to start making really stupid moves. His energetic nature, unintentionally arrogant attitude and offbeat thought patterns led many of his classmates in the past to cruelly assume that he's mentally challenged, stupid and - come high school - gay. As a result, he becomes incredibly defensive when his intelligence and mental stability is brought into question, and he becomes downright hostile and confrontational when he comes across someone he feels is less than tolerant in their views of gender roles.

For all his composure and confidence, Jamie is exceptionally prone to hysterical, tearful and highly undignified emotional meltdowns. This is made all the more poignant with his tendency to scream and cry like a girl half his age, particularly when encountering pokemon that he's scared of like Rattata, Ariados, Rattata, Golbat and Rattata. Jamie attempts his absolute best to restrain himself so as to avoid humiliation and embarassment, but all that ever seems to serve is to make his inevietable breakdown all the more passionate and melodramatic. Weeding out his weepiness and hysteria may in fact be a hidden goal of his travels, although it's certainly not something he would actively voice. Despite the occasional impotent lashing out during his tantrums, Jamie seems to be incapable of acting in anger towards somebody, regardless of how they treat him. One could imagine that if he could fight back the tears long enought to be both angry and composed, the result would most assuredly not be pretty. Jamie's interests range through both the stereotypically masculine and femminine. Jamie has a particular love for romance novels and frequently tries to secretly read them under the guise of more guy-friendly reading material, be it through changing book covers or hiding a smaller book in a larger one. As a result Jamie is rather easily swept up in saccarine tales and events, and has the habit of gushing over a scene of love the same way other boys his age whoop at heart pounding action. He enoys fashion, and pours over different looks and styles with apolmb. His interest was groomed by watching Pokemon Contests day in and day out as a child, and as a result he frequently behaves flamboyantly like the coordinators he had admired as a kid. This flamboyance carries over to his other hobbies, like video games and cooking.

He seems incredibly self-aware of the fact that his femminine interests and hobbies are extremely outlandish for a boy to have. There have even been some points where Jamie has actively wondered if maybe, just maybe, he should just disappear off the face of the earth and come back as a girl just to throw off the judgement of his peers. Every now and then he gets so low that he even tries to see if he can make himself look the part. Jamie is more hung up on what people think of him than he lets on. He would never admit to feeling anything but apathy from the opinions from others, but he often finds himself dwelling on them in the middle of the night when he's alone. He's gotten so low that when somebody new mistakes him for a girl and compliments him, he doesn't bother to correct them. After all, at least they think that he's pretty...

Appearance:
Spoiler:

"Huh? Oh, uh.... thanks... lots of people tell me I'm pretty..."

Jamie has a lot of girlish features that do little to help the perceived image of him. His slender and delicate frame, cherubic baby face and feathery hair leave many people pinning him as a girl. He has dyed his hair several different colours through his life, but has settled with a dark blue because it happens to be his favourite colour aside from pink. Jamie perfers to wear snappy and slim outfits that compliment his build, and he loves coats especially. He set out on his journey in a dark blue pea coat, but wears lighter clothes in warmer weather. His lighter clothes typically consist of the same dress pants he wears in warm weather and either button up dress shirts or novelty tees from games he plays. Jamie keeps his belongings in a large, pink over the shoulder bag. Anyone that tries to call it a purse will be deathglared.

History

Jamie is originally from Lilycove City, and while he has lived in a few other places since including Lavender Town, Saffron City and currently Goldenrod City, he remembers Lilycove the fondest. Perhaps it was the majesty of the Master level Pokemon Contests, maybe it was the beautiful ocean view, maybe it was just the extensive selection of plushies at the local department store. Whatever the reason, Jamie has never quite forgiven his parents completely for moving when he was about ten. He nonetheless owes them a great deal and he knows it. His parents were the ones to introduce him to the wonderful world of contests and coordinators, they always encouraged him in his pursuits, and they always defended him when others sought to bring him down. Even his father, despite admitting from time to time that Jamie is more like the daughter his wife always wanted instead of the son he always wanted, would accept and defend Jamie to the grave regardless of what he did with himself. This knowledge is probably what kept Jamie going through his darkest hours during his constantly shifting adolescent years. He always had trouble adjusting to new places with new neighbours and sights, and it got to the point where he'd look forward to the moment where his family would uproot themselves and move again instead of trying to make their current home work for him.

Unlike other children his age, Jamie largely held off on trying to set out on a pokemon training journey, wanting to do it back home in Hoenn where Contests were commonplace and actually as big a deal as the Pokemon League itself. Former trainers themselves, Jamie's parents constantly pushed him to take up the journey anyways, citing that it would be good character building for him. The matter eventually became a regular clash between parents and child, and Jamie would regularly stay out of the house for extended periods of time despite being a decidedly indoors person just to avoid the subject. He figured that maybe if he resisted hard enough, they'd move back to Lilycove where they "belonged". The boy spent much of his time nurturing his childish spite, going from a mildly optimistic and cheerful kid to an embittered, introverted teen. Unfortunately, you can't fight your own nature. Jamie tried to focus his attention on the arts and other pursuits, but his work generally wound up going full circle back to Pokemon at the end of the day. Of course, he was much too proud to admit anything of the sort. This pattern continued until Jamie's family moved to Goldenrod City.

Goldenrod was similar to Lilycove in many ways. Jamie's family lived there longer than they did in almost every other city. The similarities to Lilycove helped Jamie appreciate the city, and he slowly and begrudgingly accepted it as his new home. Jamie was particularly fond of going to the National Park and looking at the sights there. (Except during the Bug Catching Contest of course) It was at the National Park that Jamie saw people of every age spending time with Pokemon, trainers or not. The boy spent a lot of time talking with the trainers in the National Park, trying to convince himself that he was better off not going off to be a trainer. After a couple years of the same routine, however, Jamie realised that he wasn't going back to Lilycove any time soon and that he had squandered almost all of his childhood out of spite.

Finally reaching a decision, Jamie went to his parents about going on a training journey in Johto. They practically had him packed before he could finish. Together they had researched that he was still young enough to be elidgible to get a pokemon from an official professor, and sent Jamie on his way to New Bark Town.

Starter Selection
Spr_5b_577.png

Solosis with Confuse Ray

RP Sample

(Nabbed the first two opening posts I made for an all villains RP I was in briefly. It's one of my favourite introduction posts that I've made.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I did not make this. This much should be obvious. If I had even the slightest modicum of artistic talent I would be drawing an original appearance for my character instead of ripping of Naoto Shirogane's. I would probably make an original one altogether, but this picture... it just feels so appropriate.

Naoto for the record, is awesome. Although I was always more of a Chie kind of gal myself.

Overall your SU [and everyone elses for that matter] seems pretty darn good to me, can't wait to get started RPing with all you chaps.

Last edited:
Years
Naoto for the record, is awesome. Although I was always more of a Chie kind of gal myself.

Overall your SU [and everyone elses for that matter] seems pretty darn good to me, can't wait to get started RPing would all you chaps.

the feeling mutual. This RP is gonna be simply epic

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years

Overall your SU [and everyone elses for that matter] seems pretty darn good to me, can't wait to get started RPing with all you chaps.

Chie was my favourite before I hopped onto the Naoto bandwagon. I pretty much like them all in my own way, but Naoto's pretty high up there. Especially with some of the added content in The Golden. The Ski Trip just made me want to hug her and squeeze her and take her home with me. : 3

I'd hardly call my SU good yet, since it's still unfinished. I need to do up backstory for Jamie, which shouldn't be long. It's just work that's the issue. I think I can have it up tomorrow night? I'd say I'd have it up tonight, but I think that I'll probably wind up having to leave any minute now. That's just my luck.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Chie was my favourite before I hopped onto the Naoto bandwagon. I pretty much like them all in my own way, but Naoto's pretty high up there. Especially with some of the added content in The Golden. The Ski Trip just made me want to hug her and squeeze her and take her home with me. : 3

I'd hardly call my SU good yet, since it's still unfinished. I need to do up backstory for Jamie, which shouldn't be long. It's just work that's the issue. I think I can have it up tomorrow night? I'd say I'd have it up tonight, but I think that I'll probably wind up having to leave any minute now. That's just my luck.

Ah, I know that feel. I work none stop friday-monday and knowing my luck the IC thread will be accepted just before I leave tomorrow, meaning I won't be able to get my first post up til monday...
Ah well, nothing I can do about it I guess.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Preliminary SU up. I can't decide between Dragon Rush and Dragon Pulse for my egg move. Dragon Pulse would be the smarter choice because of the nature but I think Charmander would look funnier doing Dragon Rush. Then again, Dragon Pulse would look pretty funny.

Goldenrod could be potentially interesting for my char since the local branch of his father's ferry company is located there.

Spoiler:

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Preliminary SU up. I can't decide between Dragon Rush and Dragon Pulse for my egg move. Dragon Pulse would be the smarter choice because of the nature but I think Charmander would look funnier doing Dragon Rush. Then again, Dragon Pulse would look pretty funny.

Goldenrod could be potentially interesting for my char since the local branch of his father's ferry company is located there.

At least you guys get a lot of options. You know what Solosis gets? A couple physical attacks that ignore my superb Special Attack, Night Shade, and a handful of defensive moves that basically let me decide just what kind of tank I wanna be. I decided Confuse Ray because it has long standing usability (being the best confusion move in the game) and maybe, just maybe, it'll save me from dark types.

Years
At least you guys get a lot of options. You know what Solosis gets? A couple physical attacks that ignore my superb Special Attack, Night Shade, and a handful of defensive moves that basically let me decide just what kind of tank I wanna be. I decided Confuse Ray because it has long standing usability (being the best confusion move in the game) and maybe, just maybe, it'll save me from dark types.

i was gonna choose solosis first because of how powerful reuniclus can be, but i wanted to see its egg moves before i did, after seeing the moves not really matching what i wanted reuniclus to be, i decided to choose riolu

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Am I the only one who chose the starter because 1. Chimchar's adorable and 2. the final evolution is one of the most badass Pokémon ever?

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Considering Chimchar's cuteness has little to do with Solosis, probably.

But smartassery aside, I get where you're coming from. I picked Solosis because it's an interesting pokémon that I haven't used but I'd like to. My original plan was Chimchar for the same reasons you picked it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was thinking of starting off with Cyndaquil for a while, because on another RP, I made this Flareon a pyromaniac, soooo maybe Cyndaquil will be one too~!

But I have a more fun idea with Sneasel~ <3 I thought about Sneasel's personality. Maybe he can say things like,

"Settle down Kid."

or maybe:

"Who are you?! YOU MUST DIE!"

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I picked eevee for the fact I like all the eeveelutions, and that gives me plenty of options later on :]

Pity about the terrible egg moves... ah well. TMs ahoy.

Years
i choose riolu for the reason that had already said plus.
its riolu it evolves into a beast of a pokemon.
plus the moves that i can teach it can cover most of its weaknesses

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
I was thinking of starting off with Cyndaquil for a while, because on another RP, I made this Flareon a pyromaniac, soooo maybe Cyndaquil will be one too~!

But I have a more fun idea with Sneasel~ <3 I thought about Sneasel's personality. Maybe he can say things like,

"Settle down Kid."

or maybe:

Oh, oh! Or...

"No, Not the pit! IT BUUUUURNS!"

"Join me, and I will make your face the grrrreatest in Johto! Or else you will DIE!"

"Oh wow! I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octillery!"

Really the possibilities are endless.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

"Settle down Kid."

or maybe:

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Back