• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wait, what's that thing on the female's back? That pink thing? Is that connected to the straps from inside her shirt?

Do the straps of her bra make a pink bow on her back??????? ...Is that what they're into these days?

It's... a bow I think. XD I think it looks awesome actuall--OH. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BATHERS ON UNDERNEATH. Now I get it! She looks much better knowing that. :)

lol I'm slow it was mentioned in news discussion but totally slipped my mind earlier!! :3

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
By the way, just made this height comparison between Hilbert and the male protag, in case, to me they look roughly the same size so the new protags are still teenagers.
j923d1.jpg

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Omgomg I wonder what they'll be named. ;; Hopefully something better than Hilda/Hilbert or I will cry.

I thought they could be named Boltan and Flara in reference to Black Kyurem's electricity and White Kyurem's fire. However I'm not sure if they would use that names' theme because only Gym Leaders seem to be named after typings.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think the guy looks worse, but the chick looks better. Her hair doesn't look like a clump of poop anymore, so that's always nice. But what the HECK did they do to the guy? lmao wow. The Poison Gym Leader looks freaking crazy. I don't know how I should feel about that...like. Seriously crazy. She will murder me. MURDER. ME. The lab guy looks pretty cool though. Kinda of like if Ein from Colosseum had a kid with Wallace from RSE, if that makes sense. Speaking of Wallace, the Water guy. Ummm...yeah, I have no comment haha. The rival has fuzzy hair and looks like a snoot. So I like him.

@Nica: If that's really a bathing suit then omg. That makes what she's wearing make more sense now haha. Loooooove it. Looks like the guy has a diving suit under him though haha.

Years
I really don't like the boy... the girl however does look decent.
Well, I liked the original Black and White more -even though there names were stupid-.
To be honest I don't really care about the names, because all my characters are named after me.
Let's just hope I can famously name my rival 'I am'.

"I am: Gramps." - Leaf Green

Years
The Poison-type leader appears to be the first gym leader. If my eyes don't fool me she has two Pokémon, and her gym looks like a "thrashed" version of the Striaton Gym.
It's a music hall like the kind you would go to to listen to a rock band. It's what the scans say and if you look closely that's the design of it in the picture.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think rocker girl being poison type leader is reference to Alice Cooper - Poison :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
fklgjdflgj Homika <333 The new Poison type gym leader sounds amazing! She seems like an exact clone of me (but female :3). She's a guitar playing Poison type enthusiast who's name is derived from a hamster and loves wearing black/purple - this is exactly what I would be in the Pokemon world. x] But yeah, much love for the new releases, I'm actually very excited about the games now!

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
I really like the female protagonist :D
And if thats charen i like his look a lot more then in B/W
Btw were there any battle screenshots ?

Years
Oh, I looked up the names for the new gym leaders and Homika seems to be an alternate name of the Japanese name for the strychnine tree. Yeah, pretty poisonous there.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I love all the character designs, and for once I especially like the rival's design over rivals past. The female one looks cool while the the male has a Emerald-Brandon thing going on with his attire (long shorts over pants) Kinda funny seeing how most of the region is frozen over and that's what they are wearing? XD Really now!?

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I like the way the male characters look, though it really wouldn't hurt them to do something with that wild hair. As for the female player... super sexy! :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Male PC - He actually looks pretty cool! The hair is wild, but I think that's a good thing. Makes him unique!

Female PC - Very cutesy girl. I'd say she has the cutest design of all the female PCs.

Rival - Very cool lookin' dude. His face seems to say "Bring it on." I like the idea of having a rival that has that kind of "Let's do this!" attitude!

Gym Leaders - The guy is okay, but I'm likin' the rocker chick! Maybe it's the metalhead in me, but girl + guitar + Pokemon battle = awesome!
Prof/Doc - He has a name, but I can't remember it. Anyway, looks good. Can't decide what I think about him though, his facial expression makes him difficult to figure out, because he doesn't look as friendly as most of the other Profs. do, but he doesn't seem definitely evil either...hmm....

Overall, the characters are great! I was expecting new PCs because of B2/W2 being sequels, but it's nice to see some other new characters too! The PCs look younger than the ones from B/W, but it doesn't bother me. I don't think they're too similar to Hilbert and Hilda. And their outfits are unique as well, though I doubt that actually mean anything about the games.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Thinking about it after seeing the scans for a few hours....

I'm definitely digging the new rival. He looks calm and collected, but I feel as he has an explosive, yet cocky personality.

And this may be the first time I'm perferring the female player character to play as rather than the male....his design really doesn't scream to me....and like I mentioned before looks like a Emerald-Brendan expy...

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I LOVE the new protags, even though the male's hair looks a little strange haha, I like the whole beach/swimming theme and the girl is just so much better than Hilda imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
The designs for the new mcs make me wanna cry and vomit at the same time in all honesty, I knew the protags for HG/SS looked young but after B&W I expected the mcs to be at least 13 or 14. They look like 8 year old drug mules ready to go to Seaworld more than anything else if you ask me and the new rival looks like the prom night dumpster bastard baby of Sasuke and Vanitas if anything lol. That and the new prof looks like a peedofile too but that's just me nitpicking there.

<Obviously not very pleased with the new designs very much.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I LOVE the new protags, even though the male's hair looks a little strange haha, I like the whole beach/swimming theme and the girl is just so much better than Hilda imo.
Is it weird that I actually love his hair? To be honest, I think he looks better than Hilbert.

But ugh, seeing all of these new characters makes me want the games. Right. Now. !!

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Calling dibs on Akuroma being evil. And not because of his hair.

I would suggest it because of the "aku" (as in, dark) in his name.

Nice catch, I felt a bit the same, I'm suspicious of him.

Though, my reason was originally his hair. xD;

Professor aside, I love the new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back