• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why will you be picking this game up?

Years
I know graphics aren't everything, but I've really been waiting for a 3D or at least, more animated Pokemon game for a long time, as I'm sure others have been. I look forward to seeing all my favorite Pokemon in a new light, along with all the new-comers. Add the rest of the game that we all know and love, and I'd be crazy to stop now. Maybe I'll finally get more into the online community of the game this time too.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
I'm 17 now, and I've been dreaming of a 3D game since I got my first Pokemon game, Emerald.

And then I played Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, and I realized that 3D battles were possible, and I saw how amazing and engaging they looked, and they were so much fun! I actually felt like I was part of the game. I felt sad that I couldn't catch Pokemon properly though, or fight the Elite Four, or battle Gym Leaders.

I bought Diamond, and it was fun, but I didn't finish it. I couldn't go back to those boring sprite battles anymore. The mechanics were great and all, but you can only become engrossed in a game so much when everything is so unrealistic. The pokemon in XD felt so REAL, and these Diamond Pokemon didn't. Besides, my favourite Pokemon, Lucario, looked so ugly as a sprite!

I didn't buy any more Pokemon games or play any more games after that.

And then the announcement for X and Y came out. I totally FREAKED OUT! I was extremely happy. I wasn't expecting a 3D game to ever come out as a mainstream game, and it caught me totally caught me by surprise. I had long since sold my DS Lite, and I hadn't played Pokemon for 4 years, but my interest in it had remained a little.

I am literally going to buy a $200 3DS console for the sole reason of playing one of these games. I've been waiting for 3D for WAY too long, and now it's finally coming! :D

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
cause i've been waiting for years for a pokemon stadium 3D but this is even better! and so far they say it will be 40 dollars so i think its worth it.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
I will be getting this game because I love RPG games (from Pokémon to Dungeons & Dragons ^_^), I love Pokémon, I love the 3DS, and I love the later Pokémon generations!! Also Fennekin is SO CUTE!!!! :chu:
So those are the reasons I will be getting X/Y. Now I have to decide... which one?

Back