• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
There seems to be a lot of confusion over what the starters are, this page lists them as being the kalos ones, the wiki states they are fakemon and ingame some of the text refers to them as said fakemon though they are really turtwig, cyndaquil and mudkip

Yeah the wiki is out of date, and I only noticed yesterday that I hadn't changed it, it used to be those, but halfway through development I decided to scrap making fakemon and instead make it a pure vanilla game. That being said when I originally released the game, it was with the belief that I would be making it with fakemon as the starters, so when I released the game I didn't bother editing the text when the player receives the starters, as it would have been a minor thing and I'd only end up changing it back anyway. This of course is no longer the case.

As for the discrepancy of the starters being none of the two sets I have mentioned, you must be new here. A while back long before this current release (that is horribly out of date and in desperate need of an update) I had a poll going as to what the mock starters should be, since I wanted to have extra time to make my fakemon, so they are merely place holders. The beginning part of the game you know right now is not how the game will begin when you play the V4.2 update I'm working on.

I've decided to release it a week after essentials 14, with the starters officially being the kalos starters. I will not release the game until they are completely finished and it shouldn't take much longer to finish them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
This is game is so great. Loving the 6th gen soundtracks that I never heard and the Orre soundtracks from Pokemon Colliseum/XD.

I have only played for 30 minutes but I have a question: What is a Skulltry? The Professor called my Cyndiquil one or is this one of the older scripts when you had those fakemons up from the wiki.

Also I think you should lower the exp in the Pre Gym because I feel I'm getting too much when one of my lvl 4s gained four levels after defeating a lvl 5 opponent.

Thanks for the great work, take your time as I know you'll use it to make this better.

Edit: The Pre Gym exp got lower as I gained levels so I guess this is good for training low levels when you want to switch out your parties.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I have only played for 30 minutes but I have a question: What is a Skulltry? The Professor called my Cyndiquil one or is this one of the older scripts when you had those fakemons up from the wiki.
Yeah the wiki is out of date, and I only noticed yesterday that I hadn't changed it, it used to be those, but halfway through development I decided to scrap making fakemon and instead make it a pure vanilla game. That being said when I originally released the game, it was with the belief that I would be making it with fakemon as the starters, so when I released the game I didn't bother editing the text when the player receives the starters, as it would have been a minor thing and I'd only end up changing it back anyway. This of course is no longer the case.

As for the discrepancy of the starters being none of the two sets I have mentioned, you must be new here. A while back long before this current release (that is horribly out of date and in desperate need of an update) I had a poll going as to what the mock starters should be, since I wanted to have extra time to make my fakemon, so they are merely place holders. The beginning part of the game you know right now is not how the game will begin when you play the V4.2 update I'm working on.
This is game is so great. Loving the 6th gen soundtracks that I never heard and the Orre soundtracks from Pokemon Colliseum/XD.

Also I think you should lower the exp in the Pre Gym because I feel I'm getting too much when one of my lvl 4s gained four levels after defeating a lvl 5 opponent.

Thanks for the great work, take your time as I know you'll use it to make this better.

Edit: The Pre Gym exp got lower as I gained levels so I guess this is good for training low levels when you want to switch out your parties.
Thank you for the kind words,I appreciate it, and am happy the subtle differences have been noticed. I'm going to change a lot in the new version, lots of improvements, and a lot more interest in what's happening and why it's happening, and also the pre-gym will have a revamp
Loads of trainers and music - gen 5/orre exclusively for the present, old school 8-bit for the past, and kalos for the future

------------------------------
Wow, it's been a while, and I've been pretty distant from Pokemon recently (too busy playing skyrim x.x), but I have a lot of cool ideas that are going to happen.
Soooo much is planned! So, just stop playing 4.1, cuz 4.2 is coming your way like a blaze of glory. It really should be V5 because of the juicy, meaty, raw gameplay, but I can't bring myself to continue on past the end of the Mt. Kratos, but with all of the massive changes to the first arc, I don't think it'll be a problem being V4.2, and the conclusion of Arc 1.

Currently there are just about 80 different trainer classes; with roughly 40 actually different ones (as the other 40 are separate male/female differences). With a grandiose total of just over 130 planned total trainers (the others past 80 are non-counted important trainers such as gym leaders, rivals, and other recurring or important trainers, and as I progress more and more trainers will be added.

Another big idea of mine was to create a Prologue to the game, which would explain fluidly a lot of what I don't feel like throwing at the player, expecting the player to know, or awkwardly mention or refer to in-game. It's a way of seamlessly introducing the player to a lot of deviance from a traditional canon pokemon game, while heightening and expanding upon it's lore-friendly aspect and importance.

As for what's to come, the game will be postponed until the following requirements are met for the V4.2 release:

● All (necessary/all) trainers finished (by that I mean their designs - most of which are tweaks or custom). Also adding more of them, to make it seem like a real and fun pokemon game.
● The starters (which are the kalos starters), the Goomy line, Pancham line, Honedge line, and Sylveon
● Revamp of the pre-gym
● Finished Pokegear overhaul
● Total beginning overhaul
● Slight current V4.1 gameplay tweakage (I mean, for example, influence of the rival, progression from town to town and your purpose for doing so, etc)
● Wiki+first page update
● Pokemon balancing (total overhaul of Base stats, moves, levels, evolutions, typing, etc)
● Pokemon sprites (only the best ones according to me)
● Better music (making it so the music is all the same style it should be, and changed so you can play, and not have to worry bout volume, as it will all be the same - all pleasing to the ears and not all different, causing you to change volume in every area, or mute it due to how bad it is)
● Maybe outfits if I feel like it, but it's not as big a priority for this demo since most of the ones I like are finished and most you ont encounter in this demo.
● And Pokemon back sprites

I may release the game with "enough" done even if I haven't finished, meaning, for example, if I don't finish all the pokemon balancing, but I finish it for only the pokemon you encounter in the demo, I'll still release it. But currently a lot of the check list is either completed, or almost complete

To finish, I'm having trouble deciding on what style the pokemon backsprites should be - I could make them all gen 5 style (in the sense that they are 2x bigger than the opponent but are very literal mirrors+back renditions of the front sprite), or gen 4 (meaning they have the same pixel dimension, but are styled to be bigger).

Let me know what you think, cheers!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
So, just stop playing 4.1,

I'll pretend I didn't read that. :D

I found a two bugs that aren't particularly bad but annoying:
When you leave Stannum City, if you leave two tiles under that guy at the right gate he gives you that "You need a badge from this city or the previous gym" but going a tile under him after a badge allows you to pass through.

On Road 4 after leaving Stannum City, when you go down the first path towards the policeman. Talking to the policeman makes him repeat the script. You can't escape him as pressing X or C just makes him repeat it. This results in the player needing to restart the game.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'll pretend I didn't read that. :D

I found a two bugs that aren't particularly bad but annoying:

Haha, thank you. I already know of those and other bugs, they're fixed right now but not in 4.1 :P
If you come across any others let me know - heads up, you cant go on the bridge in ardiger city, and don't talk to dan the burglar on route 4

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 25, 2015
Just found this game and it looks fantastic :) can't wait to download it when 4.2 comes out and start playing.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks for the support, V4.2 is going to be very awesome, some things are taking a back burner right now, but here's what I got for now:

- Pokemon that are available, will have Gen 6 icons, that are Animated!
- All overworlds in the main part of the game will have a uniform style, FR/LG instead of a mix of it and R/S/E
- There will be several outfits available at the start instead of the usual 4. In the completed game, they will not be there, But it's a little gift for playing the demo :P
- and among other things, most of the maps done over!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
3 leaders to a gym, and only 5 gyms? Would outside of the gym gameplay be longer and would the gyms be harder and longer to solve? 5 gyms seems a bit short.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
3 leaders to a gym, and only 5 gyms? Would outside of the gym gameplay be longer and would the gyms be harder and longer to solve? 5 gyms seems a bit short.

Gyms aren't a big part of the game as it is in official games. And you can't just run through a gym and beat them all, it's not set up like that and it would be too tough.
You also say only 5 gyms that's 5 buildings, but there is 15 gyms to go through.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 25, 2015
Thanks for the support, V4.2 is going to be very awesome, some things are taking a back burner right now, but here's what I got for now:

- Pokemon that are available, will have Gen 6 icons, that are Animated!
- All overworlds in the main part of the game will have a uniform style, FR/LG instead of a mix of it and R/S/E
- There will be several outfits available at the start instead of the usual 4. In the completed game, they will not be there, But it's a little gift for playing the demo :P
- and among other things, most of the maps done over!

That sounds awesome! How long do you think it'll be before we see 4.2?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
This is a great game and id like to give u a little advice dont take offense just constructive criticism.
Nowi love the story line and the characters and the role each plays but from my past experience with fangames ive noticed that the best ones are the ones that wait a while to update not just because people are busy but they make it the best it can be instead of rushing so people have a new demo because people can become impatient. So this is for all game makers the only problem i found in Litharreon is the graphics and characters. To make the game unique i think you should either make your own sprites or have someone help with them(sadly im not educated enough in that) Rather than changing the sprites from the original games. Take ur time raven because u have a great game here.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This is a great game and id like to give u a little advice dont take offense just constructive criticism.
Nowi love the story line and the characters and the role each plays but from my past experience with fangames ive noticed that the best ones are the ones that wait a while to update not just because people are busy but they make it the best it can be instead of rushing so people have a new demo because people can become impatient. So this is for all game makers the only problem i found in Litharreon is the graphics and characters. To make the game unique i think you should either make your own sprites or have someone help with them(sadly im not educated enough in that) Rather than changing the sprites from the original games. Take ur time raven because u have a great game here.

Don't really know what you mean about that, I make my own sprites, along with using existing ones and changing them to look better, along with that I make my own OW sprites, and am almost finished with making a whole slew of outfits.
I also haven't been rushing either. Thanks for your advice and support.

Also, I'm gearing up for an release soon so check back soon.

Dedenne1

Years
Ok im just saying that some like Samuel oak and Prof Maple have been just touched up and it may look better to revamp them just something to consider

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Ok im just saying that some like Samuel oak and Prof Maple have been just touched up and it may look better to revamp them just something to consider

I see what you mean about Maple, it was just a juniper with a different hairstyle, but theres nothing wrong with Sam, I made it as an older looking version of his 10 y/o version from the 4th pokemon movie, with a Volkner pose, It's fine and wont change.

Dedenne1

Years
Ok i must have just reconized the pose but if ur changing maple that would be great! It doesn't have to be done right away but if u get it done one day itll be great to see

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
As an update I'd like to say progress is going well, there are several new trainer classes that will make their debut in the 4.2 release, and I should have one very soon. I'm also bringing back the feature of test maps for people to mess around in to showcase the future and the past since I don't think I can actually officially add it into the storyline so soon.

I'd also like to point out that I've updated the front page, the prologue an story have been redone, and everything else has been touched up. I did it a while ago but didn't mention it, but it is very cool stuff, so you should definitely check it out.

And finally, some eye candy for you all
showoff_zps988320e6.png

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I cant move or pause the game, the script was taking tooo long so the game autosaved and shutdown. After I reopened the game nothing worked

1. It's old and a new game is nearing the horizon so I don't really care.
2. Where? I'll look into it if you give me more details such as when and where it occurred, since I haven't encountered any problems recently do to some changes.

Back