• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does everybody hate Buizel?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
It's come to my attention that a lot of the pokemon trainers out there don't like buizel. I just don't understand why, buizel is an awesome pokemon. Sure he's not the strongest, but he gets the job done. When people ask who my water pokemon is in my party and I tell them Buizel, they just laugh at me and say how weak it is. My buizel could hold its own against any pokemon I guarantee it, people just need to be more open minded and give buizel a chance.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
with sinnoh being my favorite, i cant see why people would diss on buizel. hes probably the best water type in that region minus empoleon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Thanks for understanding! Sinnoh is also my favorite, and buizel is one my favorite pokemon, I don't understand why people don't like him, but hey, haters gonna hate

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
had i not chosen piplup in platinum, theres no doubt i would have gone with buizel as my water type. his design and animation in white 2 is really cool as well.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I love Buizel, personally I think it's a great water-type! I guess people hate Buizel because of judging on what other people say. You know there are always those people who complain about certain Pokemon and how they serve no purpose in the game and then try and spread their opinion around, some people just automatically believe what that person says and dislikes Buizel without giving it a second chance. I guess there are also a few haters of the new generation who in general don't like any of the Pokemon, complain about how the original generations were the best etc. etc.

But we also all have different tastes in what makes a good Pokemon and I guess some people just don't like Buizel and that their will always be someone who hates a certain Pokemon. But yeah that's my opinion. n__n

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I love Buizel but honestly it does look pretty dorky. It's still a great Pokemon though, and with a ton of good moves available early (Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit) it is a pretty good asset, but unfortunately that's really its peak time as Floatzel is more mediocre in comparison to other evolved Water-types.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I don't hate it - I never will, its one of my favorite Pokemon in the world, #1 favorite outside Unova - and its also based on a weasel (my favorite animal in the world). In most of my games I will try to keep Buizel with me. [also my Buizel plush is next to me on the pc, next to my other sea otter based Pokemon] - edit: 5-11: Buizel is my #2 favorite Pokemon just behind Dewott.

Last edited:

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
Where'd you hear this?!?! Buizel is an awesome Pokemon :)

I've used it a number of times in competitions and came out on top because of it :)

Haters gon' hate :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Everyone hating Buizel is a very exaggerated statement. I, for one, think it looks cool and does rather decently in battle.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think I've ever heard of any particular Buizel hate, tbh. I don't really have any opinion towards it though - I can think of a lot of other Water types that I would rather have on my team so I probably wouldn't use one, but certainly don't hate it.

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
Buizel hate's a thing? Is it because Ash used it? That's not very good reasoning if so; Ash used a Charizard too you know.
I used it in my Platinum party and it was helpful. Plus Floatzel's design is all sorts of ironic and I like that in a water weasel.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Really? I've never heard this opinion before. >_<; My guess is that people tend to prefer "strong" pokémon, kind of like a Silver mentality. I guess it's probably outclassed by Gyarados or something. That's never stopped me from using my favorites though, so just go with what you like. In fact, Buizel's the first pokémon I bred for IVs and did EV training. ^-^

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I absolutely love Buizel. I have no idea where the hate may come from. I guess in some communities (like that thug-place that calls itself DA) Buizel is a pretty overused character because he's just so freaking adorable, which kind of puts him in the group of other pokémon deemed to have "too many fanboys" (Along with Dragonite, Lucario, Pikachu, Umbreon, Charizard, etcetera) and must thus be despised because it's so overrated and it has way too many fans, and even though a lot of people like it, they do not and they think their opinion has more value than theirs, and they're clogging up the internet with their buizelness and all of that kind of obscure hipsteristic...genwunner...stuff. That's literally the only reason I could possibly imagine anyone hating Buizel.

Buizel is among (Slowbro's cuter and sillier) the awesomest water pokémon I know. They're super cute and all and they have such an upbeat appearance. And still have a cool nonchalant expression most of the time.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
huh do people hate buizel? i find it cute personally and havent heard of any particular hatred for them. also along with starmie floatzel has the highest speed out of water types so that's a cool trait.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
Not gonna lie. I've never used Buizel and I've never wanted to. My opinion isn't based off of what people have said. I just despise Floatzel and don't like to play with infection Pokemon. Though off-topic... if Pokemon were real... Buizel would probably be my water type

Back