• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
Years
I just finished a set in the new colors, I'll upload it soon. But now I'm working on one with Marill's body and Pikachu's Ears/Tail. I'm thinking about a Raichu/Marill mix. >.>

EDIT: Okay, I just did a sort of test with the Marill body, I don't like it as much. So... I'll go upload the old ones in new color.

Forgive my stupidity. What are those three Pokegods that resemble Venesaur, Charizard, and Blastoise? I think I might want to try spriting those guys.

NEW COLORS!

Set 1:
Pikabluconcept1BackNEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept1BackSHINYNEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept1NEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept1SHINYNEW.jpg

Set 2:
Pikabluconcept2BackNEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept2BackSHINYNEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept2NEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept2SHINYNEW.jpg

Set 3:
Pikabluconcept3NEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept3SHINYNEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept3backNEW.jpg

Pikabluconcept3backSHINYNEW.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
'Forgive my stupidity. What are those three Pokegods that resemble Venesaur, Charizard, and Blastoise? I think I might want to try spriting those guys.'

Forgot... OH! I remember alot of Venustoise rumors, how about you try those?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
'Forgive my stupidity. What are those three Pokegods that resemble Venesaur, Charizard, and Blastoise? I think I might want to try spriting those guys.'

Forgot... OH! I remember alot of Venustoise rumors, how about you try those?

Well.....Venustoise did appear in the anime but it was just an illusion that Gastly made!

So I guess that if you find that episode then you will have a pretty good idea on how to make his sprite!(I think it's a Blastoise with Venusaur's plant on his back)

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
Years
I'm not sure. >.> There were three different pokemon, One looked like an evolved form of Charizard. One looked like an evolved form of Venasaur. One looked like an evolved form of Blastoise.

Do you guys like the new sprites?

Yopr

*muffle*
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
I'm not sure. >.> There were three different pokemon, One looked like an evolved form of Charizard. One looked like an evolved form of Venasaur. One looked like an evolved form of Blastoise.

Do you guys like the new sprites?

If I remember correctly there was a screen in the old Secrets and Rumors thread showing off the Venastoise...

Also next time you should save the sprites in .png (or .bmp but .png is recommended) as the rest ruin the quality of the sprite.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Finished the demo, and it was nice (Of course, I "think" I have finished it, because I'm not gonna use cheats and ruin the fun for the next Beta :x). I thought it would be more close to Red, but I guess you wanted to have your own "deviations"

Visually speaking, I didnt see problems, good to see the Red's graphics updated on GBC. I specially like how the classic grass tile was changed, it looks better now. If there were more new tiles (not from Red) inserted I may have not noticed them.

In terms of gameplay, you could say I hoped for a bit more of length, but, meh (it's just that I'm becoming exigent lately on that aspect >.<), at least you left a few things open for discussion. For example, I'd like to know if Brendan'll play some kind of role in the game... :\
What about the Explorer Kit? Is it really around?

About bugs, really I didnt pay too much attention. The only thing I can remember now is the advice guy at Pewter's Gym who still has its old dialogue where he speaks about Kanto leaders being stronger than Johto leaders (and I guess you dont want to mention Johto yet)

As I said, it was nice, a bit short, but still enjoyable. Keep working on it, guys!

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
Years
There isn't much you're missing without the cheating. >.> Only a few maps. >.>

If I remember correctly there was a screen in the old Secrets and Rumors thread showing off the Venastoise...

Also next time you should save the sprites in .png (or .bmp but .png is recommended) as the rest ruin the quality of the sprite.

These aren't final versions. Concepts mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
The Explorer Kit is not in the demo, it is just mentioned, sort of like a teaser if you will. Obviously without a touch screen or anything like it it will be different from the underground in Diamond and Pearl, and we are still toying with various ways that it will work, but it will be around, should be in the next demo.

You can use Gameshark to go past the old man in Viridian Forest, but you cannot go into the house as it has no warps on the doors yet :p The other place people have found is walking on walls to get to a place you will need surf and waterfall to get to legitimately, which is also not finished and none of the buildings take you anywhere useful (they all take you to Elm's Lab, and Johto does not work).

As of right now, working on Route 4 and Cerulean City, also mapping Brick Town, playing with various concepts since no one ever made a "map" or brick town, it was just an awesome town where you could do awesome things. This will definitely carry over into the Brick Town in game. You will still get to it by walking above Unknown Dungeon and there will be a legitimate way to do this as well, lol. But that is where things stand. Also, I have been updating the tileset and working on "Missingno.'s House" to use you all's name for it, lol. Will get screenshots up when more is done to show.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
The Explorer Kit is not in the demo, it is just mentioned, sort of like a teaser if you will. Obviously without a touch screen or anything like it it will be different from the underground in Diamond and Pearl, and we are still toying with various ways that it will work, but it will be around, should be in the next demo.

You can use Gameshark to go past the old man in Viridian Forest, but you cannot go into the house as it has no warps on the doors yet :p The other place people have found is walking on walls to get to a place you will need surf and waterfall to get to legitimately, which is also not finished and none of the buildings take you anywhere useful (they all take you to Elm's Lab, and Johto does not work).

As of right now, working on Route 4 and Cerulean City, also mapping Brick Town, playing with various concepts since no one ever made a "map" or brick town, it was just an awesome town where you could do awesome things. This will definitely carry over into the Brick Town in game. You will still get to it by walking above Unknown Dungeon and there will be a legitimate way to do this as well, lol. But that is where things stand. Also, I have been updating the tileset and working on "Missingno.'s House" to use you all's name for it, lol. Will get screenshots up when more is done to show.
Good to hear Mate, good to hear ^^,

Also, nice banner in your signature >D

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
I just finished the demo. Though it asn't long, it was fun, and I can't wait for the payoff on some of these rumours.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2009
The other place people have found is walking on walls to get to a place you will need surf and waterfall to get to legitimately, which is also not finished and none of the buildings take you anywhere useful (they all take you to Elm's Lab, and Johto does not work).
I used Gameshark to get behind the lady and to get into the Police Department.
And I got a Charmander. :3

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Hey, I remember a rumour I heard once. You had to get in the truck and drive it to the Elite 4. Lance would meet you at the door and say 'You should drive that thing to Johto!' And then you would get teleported to Johto.

Icidentally, nice hack, keep the good work in an unmistakeably upward direction.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
great work on the first release of Secrets and rumors. It's awesome. there's barely any glitches so far. the only minor error is that sometimes the game lags up, but it only lasts for a second, though. keep up the good work!

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Hello everyone, a bit of an update regarding a future lack of updates for some time.

In a day or two I will be going to my grandparents for the summer to work on my house for when I graduate college, and they do not have an internet connection. work will still continue on the game of course, but I won't be online much to update you all on it. Sure every once in a while I will end up somewhere with WiFi and let you all know what is going on, but wanted to pop by and let you know that just because things are about to get quiet, they aren't dead.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
It'd be kind of interesting if you could battle "Gold" from the original character's point of view =p But it's all up to you guys, of course. Are you replacing Mount Silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back