• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing tilesets FLAWLESSLY and SIMPLY with AdvanceMap!

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
1. Load a ROM and find a tileset to use as a reference (as in: The tiles you want to use).
2. Go to the map with the tiles you want to change. ; I'll be using R/S/E's Little root town. Lets look at the tile I want to change...(I used a patch for the tiles I have now. Don't worry, it won't affect the outcome!):
34i3i1s.png

I'm going to edit the stuff inside the black box.
Remember to export using pallete 1, 2, or 4.
3. Now, you'll see a drop down box. It has many pallets. Use 1, 2 or 4. Then go to Picture then save tileset (1 or 2; whichever your editing.)
4. Start --> All programs --> Accessories --> Paint. Now click File --> open. Now open the tileset you saved, and paste your tileset your going to replace the ones you want with.
2hnnbeu.jpg

5. Now recolor the tileset part you want to place into the ROM to the color of the part you want to replace and place it OVER the old section.
6. For transparent parts, pick the dark blue color that surrounds most tiles.
7. Here's what it should look like (In Paint):
33pdo9z.jpg

8. Now, go back to advance map and hit "load tileset (number you just edited)".
9. Alas, were almost done! Hit Picture --> Reload blocks, and watch the tileset change!
qysflt.png

The blue around the new tiles means it can be placed anywhere.
Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2020
Well, This is a bit more direct than the other tutorial I saw. Good tutorial.

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
i cant do it proberly i crashed my game many times now can anyone do it for me, please post here or pm please.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Trainer Lupe, if you mean changing the Pallettes
to the colors from Paint the answer is...
NO!!!
That will only cause Either your game to crash or all colours
turns into glitch colours.

And Amso where have you got the information
that you can change the colours that way?

//44tim44

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
I have an addition, when changing tiles remember to change them before changing the palette.

You'll have to do that or edit the tiles in a palette that has NO changes.

Years
No offence, but your tutorial is very basic. Why you posted this when there are already two others I have no clue.

There are many things that you left out. For one, you never mentioned that the 8x8 tiles need to be properly alligned with the other ones. You also say just to place new tiles over old ones, when you should really say to black out the desired area with the background color (Dark Blue, in this case), then place the desired (and recolored) tile in the cleared out area, making sure it is properly alligned.

No offense, but it seems like you summed up what is in my and ♠εx's threads, and left out info.

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
ALL OF MY THREADS ARE ACCUSED OF STEALING . I HATE IT.
;-;
No really, you should keep your old tiles there to match the pallet.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I never saw this tut before but i figured this out an hour ago and came here to try to submit a thread on my finndings but lo and behold 3 of them were already here

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I just have to say, that this guide is crap. Ive been changing tiles scince I started hacking. Your guide doesn't explain all that people need to know. And it is NOT "FLAWLESS." The best way to change Tilesets is with unLZ.

♠εx's and Дон Пач's guides are wayy better. But the best way is to learn on your own. I just think this guide needs ALOT of work.

Back