• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trust

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Are you a very trusting person? How easy do you find it to place trust in people? Are there particular things you'll look for in a person before you place any trust in them, or do you just wait until you consider them a friend? How long does it normally take for you to trust people?

And another thing, once you trust someone, how easy is it for them to break that trust? What sort of things would they have to do?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I half-joke with my friends that I have a "Circle of Trust," and in order to be in that circle, one has to go through rigorous, painful, death-defying trials. In all honesty, though, I don't trust people very easily at all and it takes a long time for me to start trusting anybody. Since I'm not so ready to trust people, it's quite easy to break the trust as well.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Noo I don't like trusting people that much. Especially the gossips (although I wouldn't tel 'em anyway).

It might take a week, or it might take a year to trust people. It depends who it is to be honest.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
I do not find it easy to trust people. I have to know you for along and time and be really tight with to trust you.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm very trusting, to the point where it backfires on me. >> I get so many pranks played on me... but it's all in fun. =D I'm also a trustable person, I can keep secrets and all that other stuff.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't really look for anything else in a person before I trust them; I just look to see if they're nice. It takes me a few minutes to trust someone. Once I trust someone, I don't think I'd find it easy to break it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, so I tend to trust people until they give me a reason not to. That doesn't mean I'll go trusting any random fool though - you can generally tell whether someone's an upstanding, trustworthy sort of person.

Nothing much fazes me when it comes to this, since I don't have many secrets or anything juicy enough to trust people with, but generally if I find out someone has been talking behind my back, that's reason enough not to trust them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Far from a trusting person. I'll only trust someone if I've known them for quite a long time and if they've proven trustworthy. Most of the time the person in question who I think is trust worthy, isn't. I'm slowly giving up on humanity.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It takes a lot for me to trust someone. The 'Circle of Trust' in the Meet the Parents/Meet the Fockers movies was totally based on me and my system of trusting people.
I've always been wary of letting people into my life, never wanting to feel the hurt that comes if someone you trust lets you down, because it hurts a lot. I just want to have a good circle of people who I know I can rely on or cry on their shoulder.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I used to be a very trusting person, back when I was innocent and naive. Now it's much harder for me to trust them. I'd only confide in someone I consider a real friend. But it's interesting because I only really consider someone a true friend after I start confiding in them. So in the end, I never expect to be able to trust someone, if it happens it happens. Most of the time it doesn't lol.

Uhh, it's pretty easy. I mean, telling one person is usually enough. I can make exceptions if it's someone they really trust, but then where do you draw the line. If you make an exception each time, before you know it, everyone knows.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Almost everyone that had all my trust in them back stabbed me and/or let me down in a horrible way. I don't trust a lot of people completely now. It's just difficult, and usually goes to waste.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I try to be a trustworthy person myself, but no, I don't think I have much trust for others. Over the years I've learned not to be a gullible person and I can definitely at least sense liars that try to lie/goad me.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I'm probably too trusting. It's ridiculously easy to gain my trust and hard to break it. I guess I'm one of those people who believes everyone is inherently good and if I tell them something important they're not going to go spreading it around.
It has happened fairly recently though and it was quite a major thing told to a lot of people I don't really know, and didn't want to know this. His reasoning behind it though just means I'm not going to tell him stuff anymore because if he's going to tell people saying they "have a right to know" then he's clearly not trustworthy.

I guess because I haven't really had anyone do anything trustbreak worthy I find it easy to trust people. If I've known them longer I'll normally trust them more but there are certain people who after a matter of days I could be spilling my life out too them just because they have a good personality and come across as being a trustworthy person.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
For me, I'm usually trusting of people unless I've seen evidence that shows otherwise, like them backstabbing others. This has come back to bite me on a couple occasions, as one "friend" ended up plagiarizing a written work of mine, and another just starting treating me like a lower life form soon after I became a member of his web site.

Once one loses my trust, they don't get it back. Plain and simple. I don't forgive and I don't forget. If someone does me wrong, that's it. I am through dealing with them, and nothing short of $250,000 will win me back :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I used to be far less trusting than I am now, but I still won't trust you unless you give me a reason to do so.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
With people I'm meeting for the first time, I'm always way to wary of them for my own good. Instead of letting my guard down and opening up, I'll always keep something back in case I don't end up liking them or they end up not liking me or other such stuff.

With good friends, on the other hand, I'm very open and honest and trusting with them: mainly because I've known them for so long and we haven't pissed each other off completely as of yet! My good friends I'd trust with my life, so that's something good at least...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Are you a very trusting person?
Not really

How easy do you find it to place trust in people?
Not that easy since most people can not be trusted

Are there particular things you'll look for in a person before you place any trust in them, or do you just wait until you consider them a friend?
I just wait until I consider them as a friend

How long does it normally take for you to trust people?
Like a month or two

And another thing, once you trust someone, how easy is it for them to break that trust?
Well it depends on the person and the thing that they have done because it all various

What sort of things would they have to do?
Well for starters lie

:t354:TG

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I can find myself forgiving people, but it'll also have to depend on what they did.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm very trusting. I have a tendency to see the best in people, even those who have done me wrong or who have lost my trust at some point or another. I tend to trust someone immediately after meeting until they give me reason not to. I forgive and at some points forget (though that's my memory there!) things that have caused me to become weary of someone's trustfulness very quickly. I believe the only thing I won't place trust in someone is if they've taken the life of someone else.

I consider this a flaw in my character, right there with being too forgiven and being too nice.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
To trust people, it takes weeks until I trust them. However, I don't trust that many people; I only trust people who are very close to me. But however, don't tell me a secret because I'll spread it. There was one time, I read my classmate's diary, told my other classmate about what was written on it O_o, it's a good thing the diary owner didn't know about it XD

Back