• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Sword Art Online: Infinity Edition [OOC+SU][Rated: T]

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I love the little side story you guys have going on with this Tara character. It's awesomely adorable. <3

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
So I disappeared off the face of the earth for a while and that is because I am dealing with some intense jetlag, but the good news is I am getting over and will hopefully be able to take care of my post sometime today. Sorry about that xD

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Thanks, guys! She's such a fun character to write with and about, I was hoping others would like it :)

Indeed, I have. There have been several "daww" worthy moments. Poor little girl is going to be heartbroken however. You need to find her a mom! Or make Jet wear a dress. :P
Spoiler:

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I meant trying to get Jet to wear a dress. He'd argue and resist for as long as he could, and then some.

Is this some way of telling us that you want Jet to have a forced cross-dressing scene? New mommy for Tara indeed. :P

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
My first post jet lag post is up. Hopefully it is not as terrible as I imagine it is. Cut me a break this time around please xD

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
(Just a few things I'm curious about. Plausible way to tame animals as it isn't shown in the anime, how are crystals made in this RP, how do we actually progress floors (Is there stairs or portals), are dungeons replayable?

Name: Ito Yasushi

Country/City: Tokyo, Japan

Appearance: Ito has long straight black hair that he lets flow freely and is 5'5 tall. He has a light build. When incognito he wears a tattered dark hooded robe with head scarf tied around his head, from his neck up to his eyes. When he is in combat or dungeon roaming, he wears purple and black light armor that is more adjusted for a player that fights swiftly. On the back of his armor there is purple an emblem of a wolf. His skin is slightly pale. His sword is hilted on his back. He has heterochromia so one of his eyes is black and the other is brown.

Life/Personality before SAO
Born and raised in Tokyo, Ito was the type of boy who was never cool because he played massive amount of video games and wore glasses but not nerdy because of they way he dressed in real life and he was less socially inept. He has no friends although he used to at school before it was found out that he was a beta tester of SAO. A privilege that was envied by ther "nerds" and a down coming with the "jocks". Before being trapped in the VMMORPG he lived in a two bedroom apartment with his father, who he has a mass amount of contempt for because he got in a fight with him and his brother damaged his eye causing his heterochromia and damaging his eyesight in both eyes. He is honest but labeled as a slack and faulty because of his laziness and distance from most people in society from judging him. He is often stoic around people he doesn't know. is a reckless-to-an-extent kind of person. The day he bought Sword Art Online was his birthday and he had gotten in an argument with his brother over the fact that his brother didn't do anything for him and went to play the game to escape from the life that he hated.

Current Personality:
Ito, one month later after the lock in, has developed a liking towards the fact that he has something of a second chance with society in this world. In his first week he wasn't really bothered much about the thought of being struck in the game. It made his life more exciting and gave it more purpose. He took a liking towards the things in the game that don't happen in real life and therefore he became a beast tamer and often spends his time exploring new dungeons. Although he explores dungeons he is no longer reckless out of fear of death. Aside from gameplay he still maintained his procrastination although he was on the frontlines after he managed to make enough gold to buy good armor.

Current Level: 12

Weapon: One-Handed Sword

Non-Combat Skills: Taming and Speed

Summary of first month in Aincrad
Ito has become something of a mechant on the side, selling beasts and unwanted loot to non-combatant players on lower floors when he needs money. He remained on the frontlines although he never joined a guild because he dislikes the idea of having superiors. He is a well trained Beast tamer, which he primarily focused on during the Beta but he also adopted speed as another skill that he is adept in. He has a current partner/pet wolf named Okama that he obtained on the first floor. Over the past month he has adopted a view that although he wants to progress in the game, he doesn't want to leave it although he keeps this philosophy to himself to prevent any trouble.: Although most people remained static in the game out of fear of death, Ito trained his swordplay while taming beasts, something that he mainly did in the Beta. He planned to keep the fact that he is a beta tester to himself out of fear of being rejected from the gaming community. He hadn't partied up with anyone yet and he usually worked on beast taming alone although he planned that once he started tackling the dungeons more seriously, he would find at least one human partner.

Roleplay Sample
"Link Start!!!"
The familiar setup menu appeared realistically in front of him, beckoning him in his dreams since he last played during the Beta. The system calibrated his senses, and Ito grinned at the fact that he had picked up his nerve gear the first time since the Beta. He entered his name on instinct. Filling in Sign Ups ere almost apart of his nature but he always used the same user name that he always used, inserting the name Ito into the prompt, hopefully it wasn't taken already. It had seemingly been approved and Ito grinned as the font glistened to his heart. After logging in and Verifying his language he spawned the courtyard of Starter Town. Immediately afterwards he rushes out of the town's walls to the pastures on the outside where he tamed his first boar. He grinned as the sunlight shone on his forehead, running through the cobblestone streets ducking, diving, and maneuvering around the other players in lines in front of stalls or just standing in crowds talking to each other until he reached the general store where he got some acorns. As the reached the outside of the gates he beamed at the sight of a group of boars in the distance. The wind breezed through his long hair that flowed in the direction the wind was blowing. He had never been to a place that appeared the same to him as his brother never wanted too, and maybe couldn't even afford it. There was no one at the mob so he ran over to it, although he took his time, taking pride in each movement he made until he slayed all but one with ease, dancing throughout the pack with a sword in hand. And he reached the last one, he set his sword back in it's scabbard and calmly walked towards the last boar until he got inches away from it and then he kneeled, held out his hand about eye level of the boar, whose eyes seemed to convey the though of impaling him with both horns. In his hand was the stuff he purchased from the general store, the acorns and the boar cautiously approached, eying Ito, trying to resist a free meal. It gave into temptation and started eating out the palm of his hand and Ito slowly put his other hand out to pet the Boar, who accepted the gesture. Ito stood up tall, towering over the Boar and turned away and began to walk towards another spawn. The boar charged, not at him but behind him, like a dog on a leash. Ito easily managed to tame this Boar with ease.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Plausible way to tame animals as it isn't shown in the anime
It's explained in the Light Novel this way:
A beast tamer wasn't a class or skill given by the system, but a term used by the players.

On rare occasions, aggressive monsters would show interest in players. If you didn't miss the chance, you could successfully tame the monster by giving it something to eat. The monster would then become the player's «Familiar» and serve as a valuable ally who supports the player in various ways. Players referred to those who had succeeded in doing so as beast tamers with a mix of praise and envy.

Of course, not all monsters can become familiars; only a very limited variety of small monsters could. The conditions to trigger the event weren't all that clear, but the only one that everyone was sure about was that the event wouldn't occur if the player killed too many of the monster type.

This was a rather hard condition when you think about it. Even if one tried to get a familiar by repeatedly meeting them, the monsters were aggressive and the player can't avoid entering a fight with them. In other words, if one wished to become a beast tamer, they would have to keep meeting with the monster, and if the event didn't occur they would have to keep running away. It wasn't hard to imagine just how annoying all that would be.

But here's how it works in SAO: Infinity Edition (the RP) as the GM, SwiftSign, explains it:
Yep you can tame anything :3. Although the foods idea could work it might make it confusing. Maybe we can go with just some form of skill?

Low health -> Skills Menu -> TAME!

Oh damn now it's pokemon.
Though I'm not sure if that's set in stone, yet.

Regarding the progression of floors, they first must be unlocked by defeating the boss of a previous floor. Afterwards they can be explored by using a portal that is usually found in town.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Sorry dcjboi but signups are closed, there are no spots open at the moment.

I'll try and let you know if one opens up, but since this is a sandbox RP that might not be for a while.

Back