• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PC] The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Announced

User19sq

Just a few hours ago, Indie videogame developer Edmund McMillen, known for such titles as Super Meat Boy and Aether, revealed a few details on the remake of his famous Indie game, The Binding of Isaac:

Phil Savage of PC Gamer said:
Titled Rebirth, it's billed as a "totally remade game based on the flash version of the Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb."

The game is being developed by Nicalis, who were behind the Cave Story+ update, and is planned for release on Steam (and those console things) towards the end of 2013.

One of the main draws of the remake is the new engine that will power it. Binding of Isaac was excellent, but saw a flurry of bug fixes as the creaky Flash architecture struggled to hold under the weight of McMillen's constant content additions. Even today, the game is no stranger the occasional bout of frame rate problems. Rebirth is set to become the definitive version, with a pre-order loyalty discount planned for those who own the original.

But a quicker, stabler engine also offers the possibility of new features. "[The remake] will also feature another Wrath sized expansion over the top that will feature a new final chapter, ending, 2 new playable characters and tons more items, rooms, enemies, bosses and the like."

The changes don't end there. McMillen's also promising a completely new 16-bit makeover for the graphics. "I'm doing this because I think the art is tired and I'm sick of looking at it … I think its kinda appropriate/funny to do a demake for the remake."
Full article here.

Known for it's difficulty, simple gameplay, and uniquely strange and questionable storyline, The Binding of Isaac is no flop in the gaming community, and the Rebirth remake is sure to please the fans.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Towards the end of 2013?! That's so far awayyyy :(

I loved the original even though I've never beaten it. So much fun! Definitely will be checking out the sequel.

User19sq

Towards the end of 2013?! That's so far awayyyy :(

I loved the original even though I've never beaten it. So much fun! Definitely will be checking out the sequel.
It'sactually a remake. f he made a sequel....then someone'd better revive me with defirbulators. XD

The date thing is mostly due to Edmund working on a new title, which is included in the article itself, called "Cat-genics". Just like everything else he does, it looks adorable. XDDDDD

Years
Never played The Binding of Isaac, but I have played Aether and that was one heck of an enjoyable game.

This game, however, does look very interesting and looking at some articles, I think this could be a game I can enjoy.

I hate when a release date of a game is announced but it's so far away, but I guess the effect of "I finally got this game, been waiting a years for this!" when you get the game makes you wanna play it as soon as you lay hands on it.

Praisedscooter

Gym Leader wannabe
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2012
Hey, they can take all the time they want, Binding of Isaac is probably my personal "Best Indie title of 2011/2012."

Back