• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen A Pokemon is on the hook!

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
It took me literally years to understand the fishing system in RSE. I always just went mental pressing the A button and then went more mental when it kept on failing. I was like 'What's that all about?' And then I spent decades trying to get a Feebas to no avail, and made a promise (that I have not yet broken) that I would never fish again.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I didn't really fish much in RSE, but I found the fishing mechanic rather irritating. It was such a unnecessary addition to throw a wasteful minigame to fish for something, and I'm happy that D/P fixed the fishing and made it overall easier.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I remember back in Blue, if Im right, I caught a Gyrados with the rod!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Love and hate feature for me - it made it more interactive and less boring, certainly, even if it was a rather simple minigame. And it felt more like a struggle too in fishing rather than just using the item, waiting, if nothing try again. But it didn't help that you had to pay attention all the time each time you wanted to fish (and that'd have made hunting for Feebas that much more time consuming and annoying!) Didn't miss its absence all too much.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
Yeah not totally sure of my feelings on this. I liked that it made it more interactive, but it did get annoying sometimes. xD

Years
I have been fishing rarely in this game, but it wasn't truly difficult to me, and super rod wasn't too hard to find as well.

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
Mm.. It was okay I guess.. It made it less repetitive without the constant absent-minded spamming of the select button and the A button till you got a Pokemon...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Despite the new fishing system made it harder to fish Pokemons by using Rods, I liked it a lot because it turned fishing into something more realistic. Fishing is really that... you have to wait carefully and pay attention to the hook all the time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I enjoy it as a gimmick that makes the fishing slightly more realistic, and slightly exciting. But I'm definitely glad they dumbed it down for all the other games. It wouldn't be as fun if it was like that in all of them.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I kind of like it, it's pretty good and at the same time it's not.
But I still like it in many ways.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like it actually! I found it pretty fun, but apparently others found it too difficult. :( It was the first game I actually fished in though, so I guess that's why it wasn't too bad for me to adjust to, since I didn't have anything to compare it to.

Years
It drove me nuts since it took a while, but... I honestly enjoyed the system sometimes. u~U Just felt like it would have been much easier if you only needed to wait until you had a bite, especially if you're playing on a sped up emulator.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think although future Gen's system making fishing a Pokemon easy, the fishing feature on RSE sort of mirrors real-life fishing experience. So I enjoyed it too.

tnfsf11

I'll say the fishing system was retarded, but I mastered it nonetheless ^^
When it says "Oh! A bite!" you should press & hold the A button, then when the phrase goes & appears again let go for a millisecond then press & hold again, repeat until the player realizes that "a Pokemon is on the hook!" {XD}

Back