• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
@Cyclone: Why do you always use Bulbapedia for hacks? :D Hacks do not have the same structure, just the base is same, you should know it by now ;)
To answer. Rock Climb is TM39. You obtain it in Lauren in the first Gym. Which means, you don't need it to progress in Zheri.
I'm not using Bulbapedia for hack research. ;) I'm using it to research what Generation III originally had. In short, if you double-check the end of my prior comment, I noted that Rock Tomb no longer exists in this hack and is replaced by Rock Climb in TM39.

What interests me most is whether the Pokémon that can learn Rock Tomb in Gen. III can learn Rock Climb naturally IN THIS HACK. Interestingly, since Scraggy is in this hack, I also equally wonder whether it learns Rock Climb naturally (it does in Unova).

I hate that we can't Fly until we reach Lauren, though. Oh well, it means I have a lot of backtracking to do if I really want to "catch 'em all"! ;)

Speaking of "catching them all"...I can finally buy downgraded Great Balls. After I get that Surf HM, I could technically go everywhere I've been and collect. My nicely leveled Scyther will assist greatly towards Pokédex completion with the False Swipe ability. :D I just wish the regular Pokéballs were available, but I'm guessing they show up in Lauren as well in the first city. Super Repels will help greatly at 500 each; have something like 164K Pokécoins to spend.

BTW, does anyone know when and how we can collect the other eight starters that we did not select during the parts where the twelve all showed up? (I should probably say 10 and 15, mind...after all, I saw Samurott already.)

Cyclone

Last edited:

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
Because i cant get in mt.draken there is a dude standing in front of the cave door.
and i would like to catch all the legenderies.

Years
Wes or whatever his name is changed it so Snorunt evolves into Froslass through an ingame trade, but the problem is that he didnt program in an ingame trade for it. The only way to get one is to cheat and either cheat one into the wild or use a gameshark code that lets you catch pokemon from trainers (Such as Froslass from the 7th Gym Leader)

Froslass is one of my favorite Pokemon... Would anyone happen to know what the coding is, to get Froslass into the wild? I don't want to accidentally use the wrong one and completely screw up my game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, sure =D I know everything =D
Lies! "World Peace" remains to be solved!

Just remember guys for catching each legendary of a specific region you need to battle one of its toughest trainers like Steven for a hoenn legendary to access them
Wait...what? I know I've been poking around at the events and movement permissions making fixes and have seen all of the legendaries in their various spots (like the one off of Route 408 in the water, or the one to the left of the bridge in 410, even the one in 407), but your wording confuses me. Do you mean that all of the legendaries in the game are only found by defeating a strong rival Trainer somewhere in their strongest form?

(Keep in mind I haven't activated any yet, so if any appear in storyline I do not know this yet.)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
can anyone answer why can't i open LP rom in YAPE 0.9? it saids "Error Loading ROM. Unrecognized ROM."

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
can anyone answer why can't i open LP rom in YAPE 0.9? it saids "Error Loading ROM. Unrecognized ROM."

If you're wondering why Light Platinum can't be opened up in YAPE... it's because... the hack has a totally different game code and header than the original ROM of Ruby had. Even though it is patched on a Pokémon Ruby ROM.

the hack is in a different language than English, it clearly states here that YAPE cannot be used with any other languages other than English.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you're wondering why Light Platinum can't be opened up in YAPE... it's because... the hack has a totally different game code and header than the original ROM of Ruby had. Even though it is patched on a Pokémon Ruby ROM.

the hack is in a different language than English, it clearly states here that YAPE cannot be used with any other languages other than English.
Hmm. I am playing the English version. Unless you mean the code added to the game.

Cyclone

Platinum Lucario

Years
Hmm. I am playing the English version. Unless you mean the code added to the game.

Cyclone
Yeah, I know that it's in English, but if YAPE doesn't work... then I'm pretty sure it's got a different game code to what the English Pokémon Ruby Version has. Light Platinum was probably based off the Portuguese Ruby Version after all.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, I know that it's in English, but if YAPE doesn't work... then I'm pretty sure it's got a different game code to what the English Pokémon Ruby Version has. Light Platinum was probably based off the Portuguese Ruby Version after all.
That's weird, as I patched it to an English version.

Cyclone

Platinum Lucario

Years
That's weird, as I patched it to an English version.

Cyclone

Did you know that patches actually contain any data that is different from the ROM it's meant to be patched on? So even if you patched an English Pokémon Ruby with a patch that's designed for an English Pokémon Ruby that got made from the ROM hack, you'd never know if it was in another language originally. :o It's quite amazing how it works, isn't it? :)

'Cause Light Platinum did start off in Portuguese before someone created an English translated version that was based off the original. ^^

It's also amazing how much things have changed since those very days. 'Cause we now have the stuff that is possible... that wasn't known 4 years ago. ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Did you know that patches actually contain any data that is different from the ROM it's meant to be patched on? So even if you patched an English Pokémon Ruby with a patch that's designed for an English Pokémon Ruby that got made from the ROM hack, you'd never know if it was in another language originally. :o It's quite amazing how it works, isn't it? :)

'Cause Light Platinum did start off in Portuguese before someone created an English translated version that was based off the original. ^^

It's also amazing how much things have changed since those very days. 'Cause we now have the stuff that is possible... that wasn't known 4 years ago. ;)
Yes, I know it was originally in Portuguese. I watched a video series that started that way and changed to the English patch later. ;)

Cyclone

Years

Wait...what? I know I've been poking around at the events and movement permissions making fixes and have seen all of the legendaries in their various spots (like the one off of Route 408 in the water, or the one to the left of the bridge in 410, even the one in 407), but your wording confuses me. Do you mean that all of the legendaries in the game are only found by defeating a strong rival Trainer somewhere in their strongest form?

(Keep in mind I haven't activated any yet, so if any appear in storyline I do not know this yet.)

Cyclone
This all comes after you become the world champion.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Noone cares about that.

That's a completely wrong...
YAPE doesn't work just because the header is changed.
It has nothing to with language.

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
So I'm in Drakebreath City and I have the final tablet and I know I need to go back to my hometown and visit Jasmine. What I want to know, is what is the quickest way to get there and the quickest way to get back to Drakebreath.

Back