• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Yeah it is, in tile molester I think :\ I can't entirely remember, take a whack at asking Zeikku. He has fully incorporated a font hack in LC.

Gamewhale

lol --
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I'm trying to add more trainers to my Ruby hack using A-Trainer, but when I edit the trainer amount and then go into the game and battle a trainer that was already there (not a new one that I have created), the game displays the trainer class and then a whole lot of random text shows up and the game crashes (so therefore I can't battle any trainer). Is there a way to fix this?

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
unLZ keeps the palette and sprites list cached into the ROMName.gba.spr and ROMName.gba.pal files. Make sure to close the ROM and delete them both. Then load the ROM again with unLZ.

Thank you for the help! But now I have another problem with that. Every trainer sprites behind Steven's is now 1040. And all of them look fine in game (and a little better in unLZ), but steven still looks like this:
Spoiler:

And still wierd looking in unLZ. I tried importing steven again, and guess what? I'm back to square one.

This is making me think that my ROM is corrupted... am I wrong?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I'm trying to add more trainers to my Ruby hack using A-Trainer, but when I edit the trainer amount and then go into the game and battle a trainer that was already there (not a new one that I have created), the game displays the trainer class and then a whole lot of random text shows up and the game crashes (so therefore I can't battle any trainer). Is there a way to fix this?

The only way to fix it is to wait for a new A-Trainer, since that bug has been reported (and fixed) already. Basically a few pointers to the trainer names weren't repointed causing the random text or whatever. I guess you don't want to go through the trouble of finding and repointing them by yourself, isn't it?

Thank you for the help! But now I have another problem with that. Every trainer sprites behind Steven's is now 1040. And all of them look fine in game (and a little better in unLZ), but steven still looks like this:
Spoiler:

And still wierd looking in unLZ. I tried importing steven again, and guess what? I'm back to square one.

This is making me think that my ROM is corrupted... am I wrong?

Is the Auto abort enabled?

PlatniumPiano

Years
Auto abort is enabled. I took it off and it worked, but I'mna put it on again. But unLZ just aborts it then, so how do I put it in?

Yummeh.Strawberriez

Mapper/OW Spriter (:
Years
Hey i was wondering if someone could help me out, I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but i figure this seemed best.

I'd like to know if anybody has made a WORKING Rombase of Kyledoves DPPt tiles, because i have looked around a lot, and the closest i can find is one that has messed up door animations.
But the main problem is that NONE of the supposed kyledove have the interior tiles?
It's quite irritating, i would insert them myself and palette edit them myself, but i am shocking at inserting tiles, i fail epically..
Overall i really would like my hack to have the full kyledove DPPt style tiles, the buildings, the trees, grass, and especcially interior.
But i cannot find a thing.
And maybe if there isn't one, i was wondering if someone could insert them? I would of course give credit etc.
Any help would be appreciated an insane amount, i would be extremely grateful.
Thankyou in advance,
George.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Auto abort is enabled. I took it off and it worked, but I'mna put it on again. But unLZ just aborts it then, so how do I put it in?

You never, really never have to disable that option. Instead, you have to repoint the image you want to insert somewhere else by finding a free space area and putting the offset you found in the Image Offset when importing it into unLZ, making sure to have "Automatically fix pointers" enabled. To fix your screwed up ROM, see my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section, HackMew's Knowledge. The link is in my sig.

PlatniumPiano

Years
You never, really never have to disable that option. Instead, you have to repoint the image you want to insert somewhere else by finding a free space area and putting the offset you found in the Image Offset when importing it into unLZ, making sure to have "Automatically fix pointers" enabled. To fix your screwed up ROM, see my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section, HackMew's Knowledge. The link is in my sig.

But, if I insert the image somewhere else, how will I acsess the picture in game? Or with an editor?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
But, if I insert the image somewhere else, how will I acsess the picture in game? Or with an editor?

No... after you insert it somewhere else, you just need to delete the *.spr and *.pal files and reload the ROM into unLZ. You'll find the image just like the others, except it won't be at the same place of course.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Ok, so this is my next problem :P
The backsprites for all the Fakemon that are inserted have really weird colours, like this one: (Ignore the Jpeg and the misnamed Bewstripe ^^)
Spoiler:

I have no clue what the problem could be, because all the frontsprites are fine, and the backsprites use the same palettes as the front sprites :\ Help, please? :P

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ok, so this is my next problem :P
The backsprites for all the Fakemon that are inserted have really weird colours, like this one: (Ignore the Jpeg and the misnamed Bewstripe ^^)
Spoiler:

I have no clue what the problem could be, because all the frontsprites are fine, and the backsprites use the same palettes as the front sprites :\ Help, please? :P

Looks like this could be the answer...

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
I have a few more questions.

1. When you set the clock in your house, then go downstairs, you mom says that there's an interview on TV about petalburg. How do you edit that?

2. After you beat your [rival] and you enter Professer Birch's lab. How do you edit that?

I need a really fast response.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a few more questions.

1. When you set the clock in your house, then go downstairs, you mom says that there's an interview on TV about petalburg. How do you edit that?

2. After you beat your [rival] and you enter Professer Birch's lab. How do you edit that?

I need a really fast response.

Edit is pretty generic here. You mean editing what they say? Or what happens in general?
Either way, those are level scripts. There are some tutorials available. Also, keep in mind asking for a fast response won't help here. You will get an answer, eventually.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Oh sorry. And I meant editing what they say. See, I can only use a script editor to edit texts, since Advance Text won't work for me. But I can't find the script that let's me editing either of those.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
^Go to advancemap, and click where it says "header" then go down to map scripts. It's one of those.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Oh sorry. And I meant editing what they say. See, I can only use a script editor to edit texts, since Advance Text won't work for me. But I can't find the script that let's me editing either of those.

It's not that hard actually. First of all load with AM the map where the scripts are executed. Then enable the Professional Header View option, go to the Header tab, and look for the Map Script Offset and copy it. Open XSE, load the ROM, paste the offset and enable the Level Script option (the button next to the decompile button). Finally, decompile. As usual with text editing you can't change the text so it's longer or you will overwrite data. That's when you need to repoint.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Slight problem. When I did that, this is what came out.

'-----------------------
#org 0x152722

0x16000180
0x5000080

But actually, I need the offset of the script that exicutes that. That's what I need.

EDIT: Okay, forget that. I need to know how to make a Pikachu follow you like in Pokemon Yellow, and how to make it appear in battle like it would in Pokemon Yellow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back